It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King of eats: Tucson restaurant to serve up African lion tacos for $8.75

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Not that i approve but the lions come from Perris, Calif, not africa. Basically retired circus lions

In other words, after a lifetime of abuse they get turned into tacos. How depraved.
Just another form of recycling. You libs should approve.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Then there will be others who will point out that this could potentially give rise to the increased barbaric slaughter of these magestic creatures, and create a decimation of their population and numbers...

Though in reality the opposite is true. The more we have a desire to consume an animal, the more we insure its population growth. Cows, chickens and pigs thrive and exist in unnatural numbers because we consume their meat. Arguably, the best thing for the continued survival of a species is our demand to eat its meat.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I don't know what you guys think, but I feel this is in very bad taste.

(Pun intended)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
When Taco Bells and restaurants everywhere stop tossing out food at the end of the night because there is none left, then and only then should we resort to eating the King of Beasts.

Western civilization has come to this?
edit on 22/1/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Tacos are tacos....I'm down

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Ahhh, it probably just tastes like chicken.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I've had mountain lion before. I don't know if it's like African lion but I assume it's close. The meat isn't bad but not exactly great either. Carnivore meat has a strong strange flavor. I really enjoyed bear meat though but they are omnivores.
edit on 22-1-2011 by janon because: typo

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i am sorry but the only cat i eat is between two legs. but seriously i won't eat local chinese food because of several restaurants in area caught selling dog and cat meat in there dishes. what is the allure of eating a lion . if it is a wild lion suppose it ate some fool with a prion based disease like mad cow then you ingest infected meat and catch disease. trust me if lion meat was good tasting they would have been wiped out or domesticated ages ago. reminds me of idiot who had one of those high dollar exotic animal restaurants awhile back his main course for dinner menu was based on cobra meat unfortunatly he would kill the cobra immediately before using wel cobra got loose and bit chef on face and contrary to tv in usa in parts it can be very hard to find cobra antivenom.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

Lol what kind of genius would handle a poisonous snake, that didn't have the poison gland removed, without having a dose of antivenom. Wow, that seems nuts lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I find that seriously F'd Up. i wouldn't be surprised if they were hunting the majestic beasts

I just can't wait to leave this world, dead or not.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Dissent because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2011 by Dissent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

edit on 22-1-2011 by Giovannetti44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by reverandrandy

You're kidding, right? When was the last time you visited Africa? Africa used to teem with wild life, there's nothing left, they've killed/eaten everything! There are still some lion in some areas, and elephants. Mostly now the only place you find wildlife is in the nature reserves, and even those places are riddled with poachers. It's horrific!

If it's not bad enough that people from overseas come here to come and shoot one of our big 5 just for the sake of being able to tell their buddies that they shot one of our big 5, then they go off with their little photographs as proof, and leave the animal here and we have to deal with the dead bodies. Now you say it's ok to take em over there to eat em too? Leave our animals alone, eat your own animals if you want to, in fact why don't you go and cook up your petcat tonight for supper if you want to eat cat so bad, how's that?

You know, I don't go for the whole reptilian thing, but sometimes people make me wonder.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm in Phoenix, last year another joint in Tempe was offering Lion burgers for a 1 week period. Unbeknownst to me, these lions are raised in Chicago (if memory serves) for this purpose. Myself, I think it is more for shock value and publicity.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'd eat it.
I eat meat, I don't pick and choose depending on how cute it was when it was alive, I'm not a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
- Carnivorous mammal meat tastes disgusting,
- toxins are concentrated at the top of the food chain,
- carnivores are more likely to carry prion disease, and
- retired circus lion, (which this meat is from,) is going to be tough as old boots.

Besides, it seems a poor way to thank an animal who has been kept as a pet all its life, and spent its days performing for our entertainment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join