It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught Red Handed! USDA Bee Extinction Study Kept Secret!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I can't say anymore than what everyone else has posted,but I have to put my 2cents in. Every time I hear the word Monsanto my blood pressure rises significantly,Monsanto and Bayer needs to be sued out of business they have done more harm than good.The dr should have leaked this info out,and maybe something could have been done to stop it,and if he lost his job ?tough shtt I say this is a little more important.So what happens now?What the he!! are they gonna do now???....omg I need a valium.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
When I was growing up I was told how great the US and Europe were because we had capitalism and freedom, but as I get older I see that we don't have capitalism at all, but oligarchy and corporate rule by an elite and a few large banks and corporations. Governments, rather than being representatives of and custodians for the people, are hired thugs who allow these corporations to rape the world.

The extinction of bees could mean the end of the human race in the long term, but these spineless government functionaries refuse to step in and force them to act in good faith. It would help if these companies had real competition from other companies, but instead they just form cabals, like different mob families who divide up a city.

What do we do about this? We have tea partiers who miss the point entirely, and blame government rather than the corporations that the government serves. If anything, they want LESS oversight of business. If the partiers had their way, this report wouldn't exist in the first place. On the other side we have liberals, whose attentions are on politically correct social issues and who won't defy their corporate gods.

What is the solution to this type of thing? What has to happen to stop these corporate scumbags from destroying our planet.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I beelieve we must protect species that cannot protect themselves such as the heavenly honeybee. So how do we fight these poison producing corporate no-heart giants? Simple protests seem to bee stifled by security measures and controlled press. How about boycotts? Too many people support the companies that produce these deadly agents and they are too deeply entrenched into society and the pockets of the lawmakers. I want to suggest harsh and direct action against those who harm our world and us. Is there anybody out there that knows of a direct action group I can support, join and assist before its too late! We cannot sit back as if this is a movie or TV show... It's real and present danger so lets do the right thing whatever it takes!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
humans are also in a stage

of pre-death mass exctinction.

can't mess with the bess without messing with the humans

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by savior

Actually, I was thinking about this. Boycotts would help. These large companies rely on very minor profit margins (because they're already so big) that not spending money on their products would help. So instead of buying Bayer products, but generic or competing products. If you're a farmer, avoid Monsanto and Bayer products. If you see a BP station, drive past. A movement could be started, and if sales go down by just 1% it could have a huge impact on stock price and investor confidence. Could such a movement be started on ATS, or would it be frowned upon? I know some forums actively discourage their members from that sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Oh no not the bees there the only thing that will make our planet beautiful, pollinating flowers.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If Bayer is killing the bees, what are their products doing to our cats and dogs? They manufacture and sell heartworm preventative medications as well as flea and tick drops.

I was surprised to find a couple of years ago that there is a "drop" product for dogs that kills fleas and ticks and also repels mosquitoes. But guess what? If you have a cat that comes near your dog, this product can be fatal to cats. I wonder how many people were not apprised of this before applying the product? I wonder why the FDA would even allow something like this to be sold? Even if you do not have a dog and cat living together, this could endanger your neighbor's animals, should they come into contact.

Strays are always a problem in communities. If people are scheduled to be depopulated, it certainly stands to reason that plans would be made to sneakily kill off the excess of animals as well. It will keep the marauding packs down when the people are exterminated.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

If bees become extinct how will palnts, trees that require to be pollinated become so? It's literally a crime that the USDA would conspire in Bayer's criminal acts.....

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiamondEyes
Last summer I barely saw any bees...which makes this topic quite interesting. However, I found last summer to be very pleasant for that reason

They just swarm around and threaten to sting you, or take a dip in your coke can..
They won't be missed By me :p

reply to post by DiamondEyes

I'm pretty sure you're confusing what are commonly called "yellow jackets" with "honey bees".. hornets aren't honey bees and are not the issue here - the disappearance of large hornet populations wouldn't concern me the way disappearance of honey bees (and bumblebees, butterflies, etc) does...honey bees and other pollinators are our literal lifeline when it comes to fruits and vegetables

I had a garden in NH for years..in 2008, a huge decline in the number of honey bees visiting my tomatoes and strawberries, squashes, etc, was VERY apparent.. in 2009 I saw the same thing happen with bumble bees...around half the number of expected bees, both honey and bumblebees based on prior years, throughout the first half of the summer had come around to pollinate...late summer the number dropped to maybe 1/4 of expected.. I did see a surge in bumblebees in early fall while the goldenrod was still flowering, but even that was less than normal

Just yesterday, here in central Florida (it was in the 70s yesterday), I had a honey bee actually land on my shoulder. It was obviously sick/dying - it made several attempts to fly away but kept falling on the ground. It kept trying to climb plants after reaching the top, futily grasping the air...looked like it was suffering some kind of serious neurological problems. I have a feeling we're in for a really bad year with CCD

If we lose our honey bees, we're screwed

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Still plenty of bees here in Seattle Washington...
Also,..
Trees...
Plants...
Flowers...
& Pollen!!!

Just an F.Y.I...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I belong to the Ansen County NC. BeeKeeper Association, and have bees. Another 25 members here also have bees. Some in such a highly concentrated population for their area in relationship to their neighboring beekeeper, that the bees must travel extensivly and extreme long distances now for pollen. In a 5 mile area, that being a population of roughly 200 full hives @ aprox. 25,000 bees per hive, and hives several stories high as many as 50-75,000 bees each. Figure 25-30,000 bees X 200, and disperse that in a five mile area... Further from this epicenter of overpopulation the rest of us members have reasonable populations per available miles between other collonys. Our Association has aproximatly 15,275,000 bees. Never the less, we are having a dramatic overabundance of bees in this region. Talk about Collony Collapse Disorder is just that.....talk. It is fact that the nicotine based insectacides and herbacides were killing bees in a most dramatic manner. But there's a difference between CCD where the bees leave and never return (like bee alzheimers) than there is to bees dead and piled up under the hive interance. We did experiance the insectacide deaths here about as late as three years ago, but otherwise there is a lot of talk in our Association of the excelent health of our collective populations of bees. Those who did loose bees, did so because of greed (over-harvesting and bragging rights).... I got xxx quarts out of my hives.... oh yea, well I got xxxxx quarts top that. Well that greed led to bee starvation during our sub-freezing winter weather. About 10 days of 15-20 degree weather, was too much for a weakened hive, thus the bragging old fool lost all. That accounted for about ten hives this last winter, and also to infirmed and aged bee keepers unable to take care of the bees supplemental needs ie. sugar water during the non-pollen months. In nature bees have a storehouse....honey, which they consume during (winter) the lean times, and still produce a surplus which can be harvested and botteled/stored. BOTTOM LINE...... this title is scare tactics, and a lot of rubbish, show me legit documentation or go spread your fear mongering to an audience who might listen. I SAY no way.
edit on 5-6-2011 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Your experience seems to differ from well established sources.

This, just from May 19th 2011

CCD, among other problems infecting bees, has wiped out more than half of the nation's bee colonies, leaving it with 2.2 million colonies, down from more than 4 million just a few years ago. The shortage, along with declining imports of honey from Vietnam, Thailand and India ---- which makes up about half of what the U.S. consumes ---- also have played into the bullish honey-pricing scenario locally, according to Oakley www.nctimes.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Your snipet refers to California. I did mention I'm in North Carolina. And there is CCD, no doubt, but I'm telling you what we have had happen in the 3 years I have been active with the Ansen Co. Bee keepers Assosiation of North Carolina.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotus

Well either way, that article is from North Carolina, and
the title of the OP is not a scare tactic.

Read it again please, a USDA Bee Extinction Study was done, and the information was
withheld from publication. The Study implicated causes of CCD.

You cant make that up, its not a fairly tale, Sorry; its the facts.

I hope you do well as a bee keeper.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
For those who may not be aware, a cure for CCD has been discovered. Monsanto bought it before FDA approval.
They created the disease & own and control the cure. I'm sure the information hounds here will find all the relevant
stories and links.

Buck

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
If the devil exists his name is Monsanto. How important is money to them? They do know they'll eventually kill off not only their customers but possibly their own families eventually right?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

I have no doubt whatsoever that the map presented in the OP, which is dated 2007 is now so out of date as to be useless, as both Massachusetts and Arizona are not marked as being states with disappearing bees. I know for a fact that they both have been hard hit. I lived in MA up until 3 years ago, and I can tell you that as a kid we saw literally dozens of bees daily. It was impossible to avoid seeing them. My last 3 years there I saw EXACTLY 2 bees!

After 3 years in Arizona, I saw bees 3 times - once a small swarm, flying around bushes, and twice, single bees. I'm convinced that since 2007 this has spread to every state. If this continues at this rate it'll be a very short time before they are completely extinct.

I lived in MA too, always had bee problems. They would make homes everywhere in the yard. One time when I was a kid one flew under my foot inbetween sandal lol

Haven't seen bees in a long time now that I think of it. Only a few over the summer down here in Texas.
edit on 3-3-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by AntiNWO

My apologies on the dated map. I have tried in vain to find one updated.

Sorry, I didn't mean that as a criticism of your sources. I was just expressing my anger at the fact that this problem has spread so far, so fast.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

The Silence of The Bees
PBS documentary found!

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join