It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich tells Georgia Repubs he’ll be a POTUS candidate in ‘12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In the last 24 hours, former U.S. House speaker Newt Gingrich has touched base with several prominent Republicans in his former home state, telling them that he intends to make a run for president in 2012 using Georgia as his base – and that he already has his eye on office space in Buckhead for a campaign headquarters.

Gingrich met on Thursday with Nathan Deal, whom Gingrich endorsed during a critical phase of last year’s Republican primary for governor. House Speaker David Ralston introduced Gingrich Thursday night at a downtown Atlanta affair hosted by the Paulding County Chamber of Commerce.

The visits and conversations – some face-to-face, others on the phone — appear to be an attempt by Gingrich to revive his old campaign network and lock down as much support as possible in a state won by Republican Mike Huckabee in the 2008 presidential primary.

spokeswoman for Johnny Isakson said Gingrich called the U.S. senator earlier this month – adding that Gingrich was not definite about his plans in that conversation. In an interview on Friday, U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss said he had not talked to Gingrich yet, but that the former U.S. House speaker had asked for an appointment in the near future. “He said, ‘I need a significant amount of your time,’” Chambliss said.

Source: blogs.ajc.com...

Well, this is how it starts for the Big Race. At the home bases. I have been watching him for a couple of months now and I have to say I think he will do it.

I think he would be a great canidate IF we wanted to return to those days. They were good but I think we can make them better with someone new and freah.

I think he would do well as a cabinet advisor or something like that. POTUS. Not for me.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh boy. Well, we sort of saw this one coming.

Gingrich couldn't handle little ole me asking him easy questions in the elevator of the building we both worked in, so he's not getting my vote. He's polarizing and divisive and has spent far too much time on Fox for me to ever consider him a viable candidate for me to consider voting for.

His actions during times of national stress and turmoil are opportunistic and divisive, both qualities that are quite detrimental to a leader. And his comments about our sitting president are beyond disrespectful...a respect I'm sure he'd expect if not demand were he to achieve that office.

I viewed him as a detriment to this nation during the Clinton years and he's gotten worse not better. Time has not tempered his view or his style. Not presidential material to me.

On the plus side, the GOP primaries should be pretty interesting though if he and Palin are both in the debates.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
No, no, no we sure do not need this good old boy from my home state as a presidential candidate.

He has not what it takes to preside over our country.

Maybe I just know him to well.

Surely he's just joking. If not I predict he will be a joke.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I am sorry, but Gingrich and/or Palin running will guarantee an *Obama* reelection. These people have been lampooned and vilified by the lamestream media. They would never get a fair shake. The best candidate I can see for the repuklicans is Romney or maybe Huckabee. I would love to see Ron Paul run, but he would likely get assassinated by the powers that be.
edit on 22-1-2011 by asala because: to fix word derogatory term

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I agree with poster above.
Newt Gingrich

He is a good lap dog for the repblicans,
if he wants to run good for him

I don't dislike the guy.

No way he could beat Obama.

Especially now with Obama's stats going way back up.

It is going to be hard for ANYONE to be Obama.

He has the blacks, the libs, and the illegals on his side...

I have black friends who voted for the man on race alone.

Alot of their family did the same.

It is a big deal to them.

Obama is the first black president
and they are proud.
Right-fully so...
It's a double egded sword.

I think a extra 4 years with Obama
it will take an extra 20 years to get this country
back on track.

I don't think Newt has the charisma to beat Barry Sortoro

I would vote for Herman Cain over Newt, he is a black republican radio show host
has great values and politics.
edit on 22-1-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I would rather vote for hitler.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
reply to post by anon72

I would rather vote for hitler.
I would rather vote for Hitler than "Obama". I think he would do less damage.[/sarcasm]
edit on 22-1-2011 by asala because: To remove derogatory term

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Newt scares me.

It was sometime after 9.11 and the debate of the Patriot Act was hot when he said that he felt that Americans should be willing to surrender some of their liberties for a little safety.

Newt is not your standard Republican or conservative. He is a NWO neocon and is no better than those new age progressives on the opposite pole as far as being content to leave the US Constitution unmolested.

On a closing note, I consider myself an independent centrist. I have no use for those extremes on either end of the polarized political spectrum. I don't vote for red or blue, left or right, party A or party B.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Do you think that he could get any women's vote after pulling the -- he pulled on his exwife. That scumbag left his wife for a younger, prettier woman while his wife was in the hospital with cancer. Do you think that his opponents won't use this against him. He's an incredibly arrogant dumbass draftdoger. Perfect choice for the GOP!

www.rightpundits.com...

More skeletons in his closet. Newt's toast! Perhaps not, with the intellectual capability and mood of the current crop of voters he just might get elected. Voters have short memories and don't even know the meaning of Fascism.

www.realchange.org...

edit on 22-1-2011 by whaaa because: add stuff

edit on 22-1-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't know anything about this guy...

But...

His name sounds like a character from Harry Potter

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

This guy is basically an --- version of John Edwards. He also was impeaching Clinton for no good reason over Monica Lewinsky while he was pulling the same --- in his personal life. NO Republican should preside over this country until they get their platform straight- and this religious conservatism + big government military war machine platform isn't cutting it.
edit on 22-1-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Newt Gingrich has to be one of the worst Republicans I have ever read about. He has done everything to compromise true Conservatism. First his morals are shall we say, lacking. No real Conservative would do to women what he has done and he is most definitely not even a man more than just have male body parts. Second he was the leader of the House of Representatives during the era when the GOP went from the small government Conservatives to the Neocons. Third he signed away American manufacturing with his strong push for NAFTA, WTO, etc…

But wait there is more! Fourth Gingrich is a hate merchant from hell, he can’t go anywhere without trying to alienate, attack, and belittle an entire group of people. Gingrich is everything we hate in a politician.

A lying, corrupt, immoral, neocon, authoritarian, puppet and a sell-out of all American values we hold dear.

Plus, he’s way behind the polls anyway.

For the first time in PPP's national polling for the 2012 Republican nomination there's a clear leader: Mike Huckabee. Huckabee's at 24% to 14% for Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney, 11% for Newt Gingrich, 8% for Tim Pawlenty, 7% for Ron Paul, 4% for Mitch Daniels, and 1% for John Thune.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Wrong threat. Sorry

edit on 1/23/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
My prediction?
Newt won't make it past the primaries.
If he does? Then he'd be just as potent as McCain was.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have to agree. I think Rommey and Palin will be the front runners until the end-convention.

I think one thing is for sure. The Republican race will be a great one to watch.

And watching Obama twist in the wind.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

For the first time in PPP's national polling for the 2012 Republican nomination there's a clear leader: Mike Huckabee. Huckabee's at 24% to 14% for Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney, 11% for Newt Gingrich, 8% for Tim Pawlenty, 7% for Ron Paul, 4% for Mitch Daniels, and 1% for John Thune.

I'm a conservative libertarian constitutionalist christian (yes it gets extremely complicated in my head at election time) . I am also a 20 year veteran of Law enforcement and there is absolutely no way I could vote for Huckabee.
While his misguided release of the killer of the 4 Officers in Lakeshore Washington wasn't the only mistake or fault in the justice system, the application of and defense of Christian Forgiveness as his reason for releasing the guy is forgivable but unforgettable.

Newt is a Conservative Globalist so I'm not interested in him. Palin she has her good points and I think she will be a power to be reckoned with but I do not think it will be as a candidate. I give a 40-50% chance that unless the Republicans commit suicide like they did in 96 and 08 and give it to ____________ because it's his/her turn the candidate will be a dark horse barely if even on the radar right now with a better known running mate who has some establishment cred. I've been a political junkie going all the way back to middle school and called every presidential election as to the winner since Carter beat Ford. Obama is down but unless the Republican establishment can come up with a blend of candidates to strongly appeal to the conservative movement, the conservatively fiscal independents, and the establishment republicans they are screwed. It's theirs to lose , and they could and have screwed up 3 car parades.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
NO Newt for me thanks. He is not presidential material that could benefit the American people. He can only benefit the ultra rich and ultra bigoted.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WGBJR

I agree on Huckabee. Regarless of the details, he was at the head of that mess.

Palin. I see it going either way. I see her being the number 1 person when it is all said and done but I can see her willing battling the Left and Media to create the hype etc-to keep the heat off the main Republican, again-if it isn't her.

The other good ones just aren't in the best position as of now. That could change however, the POTUS game is on now. Debates will be happening soon etc. The Repubs have to start a little early.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Oh, great. A new age third waver humanist calling himself a 'Christian' running for president? Perfect fit for an unrighteous nation!

top topics

join