It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vending Machine Scans Your Face and Chooses Food For You.(video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Kraft has invented a vending machine that analyzes your face to predict what you want to eat. It combines facial recognition with other data to give you a snack, or email a recipe and shopping instructions. Creepy or cool?

While you operate the touchscreen on Kraft's "Meal Planning Solution," a camera analyzes your face to determine your age and gender, the better to anticipate what you want to eat.

Between this and Xbox Kinect, there is a dystopic science fiction waiting to be written, where the world's most powerful corporations combine forces to spy on us perpetually with motion-sensing cameras, collecting our fingerprints during marathon sessions of Angry Birds.

But for now, let us gurgle with gluttonous glee: Ooohh, look, fancy snacks! It anticipates what I want for dinner, just like mom.

Video here:

Source+video

Free will?

Now we need a machine making the choices for what we have to eat.

edit on 22-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Good grief, I hated M$'s Clippy "Hello it looks like youre writing a SOD OFF NOTE TO M$" so now we have to spend endless hours trying to get a cookie from the machine that wants tospit out snickers?

Bah, I'll just kick the glass in, take my cookie and leave the money - they can keep the change...

lol

edit ---- just watched the video start....

OMFG THIS IS FOR DINNER??

I just think I'll leave the planet now... where is that suicide booth... 8[

If people cannot MAKE god damned dinner, and they cannot decide on what to HAVE for dinner...

and they're saying you cannot give food to the homeless... WTF?!

edit on 22/1/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think this has been posted before.
Either way this source is different.
Still a good read OP.

Think about the fat people that it scans
and it gives them a nutrigrain bar instead of a snickers.
THEIR going to BREAK that machine in half to get
them a snickers. Bad idea, THIS THING IS HORRIBLE

SCREW KRAFT, i'll boycott them they do not need to decide
what we can get out of a vending machine.

Id bust one up just for the pure fact it is absurd.
S AND F all the way

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Think about all the people you know that will get caught up in a logic loop somewhere in this thing. Reminds me of the the pole scenes in the X files movie "fight the future". It's not a passive system at all there is black oil in all those goodies.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Good grief, I hated M$'s Clippy "Hello it looks like youre writing a SOD OFF NOTE TO M$" so now we have to spend endless hours trying to get a cookie from the machine that wants tospit out snickers?

Bah, I'll just kick the glass in, take my cookie and leave the money - they can keep the change...

lol

Same opinion here.

new topics

top topics

join