It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
check this dude out!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I love these kinds of stories!

I read this story a fair while back. I can't find the book I read the story in (I have it probably packed in a box somewhere). The basic story was this (from memory):

------------------------
This happened in the UK. There were two couples on holiday together in the English countryside. They came upon a quaint little village with some people in turn of the century clothing. it seemed just like something out of one of those Jane Austen adaptations. There were no cars in sight. One of the men was an avid stamp collector and spots what appears to be an antique shop. He decides to have a look. To his surprise all of the items appear to be brand new. He decides to purchase some philatelic supplies, specifically, some little plastic bags for storing his stamps. They go on their way.

A few days later they are returning to London and call through the town. It has changed. There are cars now and modern-day people. The man wants to stop back at the antique store to see if there are any more of the little plastic envelopes. The store is still there but it has since changed and is no longer an antique shop. The man is a bit shocked as he was here just last week. He explains the situation to the amused shop assistant who informs him that it is the same store and that he has been working all week and does not recall selling any plastic envelopes. The man shows him one of the envelopes and the shopkeeper is stunned because the envelopes are made of celluloid (or something similar sounding) and haven't been manufactured since the 1920's or earlier. Because of the degradable nature of the material there was no way the fragile envelopes could have survived since their manufacture in pristine condition. But at the same time, they hadn't been produced for almost 50+ years.

------------------------------

I'm not sure if I got the story entirely accurate but it's one I remember reading years ago. That's the general gist of it.

Instead of looking for "time traveller" also look up TIME SLIP as that is what this story was classified as.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Cool post. I saw a documentary on two of these, the British couples, and the pilot. Very believeable witnesses. Thanks for posting the others!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
very interesting stories. The major hole I find though is in the ones that include money (the french hotel & the english shop). The reason being that currency changes so how do these witnesses claim they have paid for things?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
A couple of years ago, I was driving past our local airfield and there is a little gateway you can pull your car into to stop and watch the aircraft. It is basically about 100 feet from the end of the runway so a good spot etc.

As I approached the pull-in, there was a guy on a really old pushbike riding along quite slowly and as I got closer to him, he was dressed in really old fashioned clothes too.

Being impatient, I decided to go around him in my car and then pull over just past him into the gateway etc.

When I stopped and got out, I must have been about 50 feet past him, not a lot anyway!

But he had gone, vanished into thin air.

You could see he looked old, wore old clothing (Victorian style) and had a really old looking pushbike as I drove past him. He didn't look at me so no eye contact was made.

I can still see it clear as a bell, like it happened yesterday.

So when I got out my car after passing him and he had disappeared, where did he go?

Since this happened (I told my Wife and her Daughter as soon as I got home), I have been really interested in Time Travel. Kind of wierd too having the old lady with the cellphone in the old video.

There must be something to all this stuff and I am volunteering straight away if the Government want people to Time Travel. It would be so cool to go back 50 years or even 500. But dangerous at the same time. If you had some kind of accident and fell off a horse in the year 1500, what would the locals think of your Casio Watch?

How would that affect the future if things like that were discovered hundreds of years before their time?

Anybody good any good YouTube links to Time Travel?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Something really strange happened to me in October 2010. I was house sitting for a friend and was walking her dog one afternoon
The house is right on a lake, with a little beach area, a grassy hill, going up a path, into a wooden area.
I was walking the dog twice a day for about a week, until one afternoon something so weird happened.
I was walking from the house, down to the beachy area, and towards the grassy hill. There were two guys standing, on the grass, looking towards the water, and me. One of the guys was holding a wooden paddle, but no boat in sight, besides the usual upside down turned kayaks on the beach, which are always there. It was relative cold, but sunny. Not really a day to go out on a boat though. And this guy was just standing there, with his paddle in one hand. Both of them were dressed very similar, but not from this time. They had knickerbocker pants and newsboy hats and the colors of their clothes were shades of brown. This is not necessarily untypical for the area I live in, since their are a lot of 'free spirited people' who dress as they please, but it was still odd. One of the two (the one without the paddle) looks at me all weird. I got a very bad feeling from him, but I did not want to show it. So I simply say a few phrases, to lighten the mood (while I was walking towards them and up the hill). "Nice sunshine today, isn't it..after all those cold days we had"...something like that. The guy loosens up some and says " Yeah, we are waiting for our friend, he must have gotten lost in the woods." He laughs and the other guy more or less ignores me.
I walk up the hill further, into the woods, so the dog can do his business and less than 4 minutes later I turn around, walk back down and all for a sudden there are now 4 guys on that grassy area. The guy with the wooden paddle is still standing there, as well as the 'weird' guy, and there are 2 guys rolling in the grass, wrestling (in a fun manner) with each other. It stopped me in my tracks. I felt like stepping into an old time movie scene. All of them dressed similar, all in knickerbockers and 3 of them had newsboy caps. All dressed in brownish shades...it was so odd. Then I realized...the 'weird' guy was telling me about the 'friend' they were waiting for, must have gotten lost in the woods....There were 2 more guys, not just one, and I remember very clearly he said friend, not friends. I have pictures forming in my head when people talk, whole movies (I think and hear in pictures) and I only pictured ONE guy, lost in the woods...that's how I know for certain, he was saying friend, not friends. The other thing is, there are only two ways to reach the beach/ grassy hill (this is all a very!!! small area I am talking about), either from my friends house, or through the woods, from the hill. But that is where I was with the dog, and I was not gone long at all, they would have had to pass me in order to get to their friends. All for a sudden I started to really freak out and walked very quickly past them and back to my friends house. I went inside and upstairs to look out of the window, and all four were gone.
I am only writing what happened, I don't want to claim I saw 4 guys from another time. But the feelings around it...the guy was so weird, the other guy, holding that wooden paddle, and the clothes were off, and walking back down that hill, ....like stepping into a movie scene.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I would LOVE to have an experience like one these! Well, minus being chased by non-humans or becoming paralyzed, lol. And as long as I didn't get stuck there.

Such stories sound crazy but I believe such things are possible. How? No idea... maybe one day we'll know. For now, I just hope for such an experience.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Some of these stories almost make you wonder if some "ghosts" are actually time travelers from the past, that maybe ended up here accidentally?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
too bad something like this would be impossible to prove.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Very interesting stories; I love this stuff. Keep it comin'.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I am still reading through but wanted to add something real quick. The first story. I wonder if it is possible that he just encountered a storm and got disoriented, thinking that he was going back over the same airfield. Perhaps he was flying over a similar yet different one in the area?

Anyway, still going through the OP.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Though very compelling, that has been debunked:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And many more.
edit on 22/1/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

***Apologies for the mere Copy and paste below but I didn't want to change anything about the stories I came across, especially as some of them are, at least, quite new to me***

It'd be really interesting if anyone reading this has ever had any similar experiences to these also.

Thanks for reading and I'd love to hear thoughts on this subject and whether time travelling of this nature occurs through absolutely nothing but the imagination of mere story tellers or because of something much more real.

No need to apologize, these are excellent. Thanks OP. It's a fascinating subject for me as well. I became fascinated with these stories a while back but only heard of one that you posted. This is my kind of thread.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

WHAT? guerilla marketing? NOooooooo I thought it was a little outlandish
and at most a fun prank but not some strange marketing scam.

Oh well thanks for finding that out for me.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
How are your stories any different from A Christmas Carol...?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by shooshtime
Does anyone else think if Time travel into the past was possible that we would of already most likely been visited by people from the distant future?

If people have all the time in the world, why would they want to visit our time?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Such as Bill and Mark inadvertantly travelling back to Dec. 31, 1969 and logging in to their ATS accounts,
for the last time?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I love reading these stories- although its impossible to determine if they are real or not, they none-the-less give me some great entertainment and some food for my brain to feast on

I remember Whitley Strieber (author of personal alien-abduction story communion) wrote about having a "time-slip" in one of his online journals.

He claimed he was walking down a street in New York, turned around the corner, and all of a sudden he was walking down a street in New York as it was at least a hundred years ago. Everyone was dressed differently, and all the houses were different.

After suddenly "popping" back to the present day, he went to the library to try and figure out exactly what time period he had been in. He remembered seeing a bizarre kind of curb belonging to all the sides of the roads, and upon further investigation, found these curbs to be unique to late 19th century roads in America.

Crazy!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by shooshtime

yes i do think we would have been visites by now... but remeber about that whole space time continuim thingy. ( futrama - fry becomes he's own dad - which is a piss take of micheal j fox almost being he's own father in back to the future ). For all we know somone who was born 20 years in the future could be chilling here just doesnt mean there going to blab about it or else it would effect the whole "process"

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Eh. To tell you the truth, I see only 2 people with the greatest chances to being time travelers or having met them. HG Wells and Charlie Chaplin. The two if them have more than enough proof in their favor and well above these stories that cannot be proven true or false.

And, I means, I've written stuff in the past that came true by chance. So I would consider myself of being more likely a time traveler than this.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join