It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets get our facts straight..(my vow to ATS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Before I start this thread is not about flags or stars. So please read with an open mind. This thread is about what I am seeing here on ATS, or a lack of.

fact   /fækt/ Show Spelled
[fakt]

–noun
1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
2. something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.
4. something said to be true or supposed to have happened: The facts given by the witness are highly questionable.
5. Law . Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence. Compare question of fact, question of law.

dictionary.reference.com...

I have been on ATS searching for my truth for some time now. I have grown to love ATS and I try to get people( my friends) to join the community to share the wealth of knowledge that the mainstream media fails to report to the people. Knowledge that will maybe one day help humanity as a whole and not one group or the other for whatever agenda to fulfill. Knowledge that is fact based and void of any speculative data in the final conclusion of any thread that is claiming to be of "fact" of a topic that is being discussed. I know that ATS has forums for off topic subjects such as this one. I am seeing facts becoming diluted with claims that cannot be verified and are claiming to be true.

I am in no way saying that I am a saint. My posts prove that I am guilty of the one liner, criticism and lack of knowledge that I should have included, or maybe not even commented on at all. I am saying I am starting to understand what the elders on the site are talking about. They do not want to even post anything because the lack of information and a poorly laid out explanation on a subject, for a theory on a thread from a new guy/girl.(catch my breath.lol.). I want to say that I have been sticking up for the "newbie, nubee" or "rookie" in my latest posts because I am a newbie that is on a quest for the truth, just like all of you. A quest for the truth with all of the learning aspects of how to properly present your Idea with the most information and facts to make for a better read for the posters.

I logged on a while ago and seen nothing but threads with little or no facts to justify their theories. Like I said I am no saint but I am starting to see the bigger picture. I have noticed a dramatic decrease of threads that are worth debating or even commenting on. I want to make changes in the way I post and reply to better serve the topic being discussed. I am tired of seeing a diluted down topic forum. Some will probably comment on how this thread is diluting down the topic forum but it is in the general chit chat category and I have to get this off of my chest.

So from now on, I Liejunki01 will post information(facts) on posts to other peoples threads and cut out the bs. In my threads I will lay out the topic to be discussed as well as I can possibly manage and convey my message as clearly as possible. I want people to learn from what I have to say.

I know that people are going to bash me or say this is a self serving thread for flags and stars or whatever. I know that I have or use poor grammar(for the grammar police). This is not about that. This is about posting facts in fact based forums and cutting out the one liners for the sake of knowledge. I hope that new members read this and learn something from this as I am learning from others. I feel this is therapy for the ATS soul. Thank you for reading and if you feel you must be negative, then this thread is for you. I am extremely tired and I wanted to convey this message to you, the ATS community.

This is not a rant. I am not mad and I am simply stating the changes that I am going to make to make ATS a better place for knowledge. Please take something from this and if you catch me back tracking or going back on what I am saying now then please bring it to my attention and I will correct myself.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

good on you

S+F

people need to start placing more importance on facts then S+F.

Yes I recognise the irony of having said that after just S+Fing this thread.

-B.M

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

This is an amazing post! Please allow me to commend you for candor, insight, and a demonstration of maturity and rational thought! This is the kind of post that makes me feel proud to be part of ATS!

Keep up the excellent work!

~Heff

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

See my life proved that electronic mind control was going on in school, and this is absolute fact and everyone who knows me knows it to now.

But all you do not know it, but my life still proved it.

So there is plenty of little known facts, that 99% of people have no clue on.
edit on 1/22/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Good post op.....I am usually not articulate enough to post large comments on most of the forums, but I find myself sharing links to articles or other points of view ..Probably not the best way to participate but it hasn't got me in any trouble yet .

I don't mind making a short comment as well .Opinion is just that opinion .But I am surprised how a link or a opinion can actually make you go HMMM some times .I do like ATS and spent too much time here ..I think its the threads that pop up every now and again that are top notch and make you think that are important..yours is one of those ...peace

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

See my life proved that electronic mind control was going on in school, and this is absolute fact and everyone who knows me knows it to now.

But all you do not know it, but my life still proved it.

So there is plenty of little known facts, that 99% of people have no clue on.
edit on 1/22/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

True, I agree that sometimes the proof is not there to back up a claim. This is why I believe that ATS has a forum called the grey area. My beef is not with these stories that people have to share. I know that everybody lives their own life and everybody has different experiences. My beef is when people post in the forums where good science is needed and hard facts are also needed to verify their claims for whatever the case may be. I am open to any theory that makes sense and has at least some evidence to back it up. If you wish to state your theory with no facts then you should state that you have no provable facts to back the theory up.

Sorry it took so long to reply. My girlfriend has been complaining about me being on ATS too much..lol..

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

This is an amazing post! Please allow me to commend you for candor, insight, and a demonstration of maturity and rational thought! This is the kind of post that makes me feel proud to be part of ATS!

Keep up the excellent work!

~Heff

Thank you Heff. I am sorry the replys are out of order. I have been lost in the sea of ATS threads for some time now and I have noticed the changes that some are talking about. I enjoy reading your threads and look forward to more great Ideas and stories to come.

top topics

join