It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you be more likely to support for the Republican presidential nomination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This is a poll of the CNN website. That has got me thinking and I would like to see what the users on ATS would chose or at least give a second opinion on. CNN put both Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin. You can also chose who ever else you believe will get a strong chance of securing the Republican nomination and that will have a good chance of challenging Barack Obama in 2012.
* Rudy Giuliani
* Sarah Palin
* Other (Republican Presidential Candidate Only)
Being more of a Libertarian I would have to chose a candidate that subscribes to that ideology. But I would pick Rudy over Palin any time of day. But not for bed time. That's fun time!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Absolutely Sarah Palin, that would guarantee Obama another 4 years.

I pray that Sarah Palin runs for POTUS.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I would have to go for "other"

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
My pick would be for Michelle Bachmann.
Her ideologies and mine agree on most levels.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Why not Donald Trump?

He's been knocked down a few times, and get's up stronger than ever.

He's certainly thick-skinned, and I doubt we'd listen to much whining about getting our finances in order.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I've always been a Rudy fan, I would be hard pressed to not vote for him in the primary (yes I am a registered 'R'), as I did 3 years ago. Michelle Bachmann has been garnering some support lately, although I must say I dont really know much about her right now (but google will help m with that in a few minutes).

Trump is a very intriguing choice though. He has the notoriety, but he has an ego that might be too big for the Oval Office.

At the end of the day, right now I will go back to Rudy, but be prepared for me to come back with someone else as well

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hey all, just created my ATS account and I love the site. I have been reading the forums here religiously for about a year and I have learned a lot from many of you and I thank you...anyway.

Ron Paul first came to my mind, and I think he has decent shot if and only if the people of America open their damn eyes.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Ron Paul is my number one pick. I hope I dont have to write him in again in 2012.

There are only two others I can think of who I might support:

Colin Powell

Chris Christie

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Ron Paul is my number one pick. I hope I dont have to write him in again in 2012.

There are only two others I can think of who I might support:

Colin Powell

Chris Christie

How can I call myself a true New Jerseyan and I let Christie slip my mind.
[/embarrassed]

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by youvebeenbushed

Ron Paul would certainly get my vote as well, but I would hate to see him pulled away from the chairmanship of his committee, which actually has the power to audit the Fed.

A renewed effort is underway for a congressional vote to Audit the Fed..... tell your friends!!!

Fax your Congressmen!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Ron Paul, that is it, there is not other in my opinion. Any other candidate would bring us more of the same old politics that has destroyed this country from within.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
One is an empty skirt with brain damage and the other was complicit in orchestrating and covering up the 9/11 attacks.

Next

new topics

top topics

join