It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know what really grinds my gears?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

When people use the phrase "The Anointed One" or "The Messiah" to describe Obama, that grinds my gears, because it shows that instead of thinking for themselves, this person has decided to let Sean Hannity think for them. Listen people, if you can't think for yourself, and have to rely on this guy to think for you, just quit right now, you have basically failed at life. Really people, learn to think for yourself and don't get your news from Sean Hannity, his show is an OPINION show, I don't get my news from The Daily Show, why? Because John Stewart is an entertainer and not a reporter.

When people use the phrase "Lame Stream Media" to talk about the main stream media, this grinds my gears because it shows that instead of thinking for themselves, this person has decided to let Sarah Palin think for them. Please people, this lady can't think for herself, don't let her do the thinking for you. Yes I know she's a MILF, but seriously? You ain't going to be taping that, so might as well get over it and start realizing that this idiot has nothing else to offer.

Wanna know something else that grinds my gears?

When people use the following websites to back up whatever bull crap they want to prove.

wnd.com
theblaze.com

You wanna know why the above grinds my gears? Well, World Net Daily (WND) is a tabloid, they don't report any actual facts, but make crap up. This is akin to using the Weekly World News as a reliable source of information.

The Blaze, grinds my gears because it's Glenn Beck's personal website filled with editors not real journalists. You aren't going to get an unbiased report from The Blaze.

But for now, this is what really grinds my gears.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Obama is the second coming of Christ, brah.

Check out my source:

obamamessiah.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

:shk:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
WUK, i'd like to know what else grinds your gears...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
This is akin to using the Weekly World News as a reliable source of information.

But for now, this is what really grinds my gears.

Wait, since when isn't WWN a reliable news source?

Maybe I should rethink posting my latest thread idea...

SCIENTISTS CLONE DINOSAUR!

GAINESVILLE, FL – Scientists at the University of Florida have successfully cloned a dinosaur, a spokesman from the university said yesterday.
The dinosaur, a baby Apatosaurus nicknamed “Spot,” is currently being incubated at the University of Florida’s College of Veterinary Medicine.

The scientists extracted DNA from preserved Apatosaurus fossils, which were on display at the university’s museum of natural science. Once the DNA was harvested, scientists injected it into a fertile ostrich womb.

“Ostriches share a lot of genetic traits with dinosaurs,” said Dr. Norman Trudell, a biology professor at UF and the project’s leading scientist. “Their eggshell microstructures are almost identical to those of the Apatosaurus. That’s why the cloning worked so perfectly.”

Weekly World News

It sucks that they're only available online anymore, I used to love reading their stories while waiting in line at the cash register. :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If I knew who any of those people that grind your gears were I'm sure they would grind mine too.
You see ignorance can indeed be bliss!

One thing that grinds my gears is 24 hour news, how come there is always exactly 24 hours worth of news to report on any particular day? Never more, never less. You never see them run out of news and just broadcast a nice film of some kittens playing with some string or something. No instead we get endless repetition of "facts" that are usually nothing more then speculation and rumour

Another thing that really grinds my gears is that my local shop sells filter coffee but not filters, I mean what's the point in that? Do they just expect me to pour boiling water into my mouth and swoosh it around with the grounds:mad

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
His being called "The Messiah" has nothing to do with Hannity...

It has to do with how his own followers react to him and how he himself presents himself- you can watch the videos for yourself

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I gave up main stream tv and media in 2000, and i do not like females so i have no interest in what palin says. Also i have never watched hannity show, although some youtube clips, and i do not think obama is a messiah figure, although i think his job is just to help damage america, which is good as i think gw bush job too was to damage america.

So do not lump us all in the same bunch.

The main stream media is garbage, and especially commercials, things i never ever watch. The news is something i have not watched since the net came along. We get just as much news service here on ats.

You know what grinds my gears, people who claim everyone on this site does what people stereotype this site to be.
edit on 1/22/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join