It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Arrests 127 People in Mafia Crackdown

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by molenews
reply to post by sir_slide

I doubt a 93 year old has killed anyone recently, and seeing as he only got 8 years I dont think murder was a crime he was charged with. Seems like a publicity stunt to garner support for law enforcement who are every bit as crooked as the modern mafia.

Lets look at your way of thinking, First, who turn him in to the Fed's.? John “Sonny” Franzese is so old that his recent extortion trial became nap time – even when his turncoat son testified against him.
OK, So his son turned him in.

But prosecutors say the underboss of the Colombo organized crime family is a remorseless mobster who deserves no mercy.
Investigators caught him on tape in 2006 describing his favorite recipe for making bodies disappear: Dismember victim in kiddie pool. Cook body parts in microwave. Stuff parts in garbage disposals.
“Today, you can’t have a body no more,” the latest court papers quote him saying. “It’s better to take that half an hour, an hour, to get rid of the body than it is just to leave the body in the street.”
Franzese’s life of crime began in 1938, while he was still a teenager, with an assault arrest. Prosecutors say he was kicked out of the Army four years later after displaying “homicidal tendencies.”

In 1947, court papers say, he raped a waitress in a garage. In 1966, he beat a murder charge accusing him of killing a rival and dumping the body – cement blocks chained to the feet – into a bay.

Now if you wish to read more about the Soft and Cuddly Old Guy, here is the link:

newenglandorganizedcrime.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Judging by the story and how these mobsters got picked up by the Feds it seems there is no honor among thieves? Thumbing through majority of the people picked up, much of them are senior citizens. I understand some of these men are ruthless cold-blooded killers, and they deserve their day in court with imprisonment if convicted. However, the reliance on testimony from sociopaths as snitches to make cases against others by law enforcement and the legal establishment is a trend that seems to grow with each mob take down, and is quite alarming. As some have pointed out, many of these snitches are murderers, extortionists, and have partaken in other criminal enterprises as well.

Here is the scenario, some hoodlum is picked up and gets the screws turned on them by threats of decades behind bars if they don't cooperate. So, a deal is brokered with the criminal spilling their guts about others for a reduced sentence or walks altogether. Now, there is something seriously flawed with that picture? So one scumbag walks and is given a pass to potentially bring down a bigger scumbag who may have committed similar crimes?

One fine example of what I mean and how bad this reliance on informants and turncoats would have been Sammy "The Bull," Gravano. This guy was a mass murderer, and was given a clean slate to testify against former Gambino boss, John Gotti. At present, Gravano is back in prison for selling narcotics, and after being in witness protection for years. Think about all the money that was spent on his relocation, plastic surgery, and other perks of becoming a government informant. My guess, is that it was quite a hefty sum. What a waste! They have got to stop negotiating with these scumbags, and go back to real police work. If they have no hard evidence of a crime, then one can't convict.

If one gets into a life of crime, he or she has to be willing to face long stays in prison or death. The Justice Department have let serious offenders walk away from any real responsibility for crimes as a result of their cooperation in snitching on their associates. It is a travesty of justice, and is a disturbing trend. People are being put away on the very whim of a sociopath's testimony in court? Ridiculous! Much of time there is probably scant substantive evidence linking any of the accused to their crimes. I am not trying to condone these parasites and their lifestyles, but I believe in honor across the board. If your good your good, and a crook is a crook. The line should never be crossed. Corruption comes in all shapes and forms?
edit on 22-1-2011 by Jakes51 because: Added more text for clarity.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Your absolutely correct, Sammy "The Bull," Gravano was relocated to Scottsdale Arizona, where quite a few retired mobsters live and golf in the sun.
Sammy also got out of the Witsec program before he got caught up in the drugs with his kids and family again.
I understand, a lot of the old mobsters here are still Laughing at his Stupidity.

Sammy Gravano, was a Arrogant Horses Arse.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Shame they can't gather and arrest the corrupt wall street bankers like this

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I haven't really looked at the story that much, but what I did see was a bunch of people in their 70's and 80's.....
so, ya now they arrest them, make it look like they are doing something. the operations more than likely have been passed to their children years ago, and they aren't even involved in it anymore. and well, they are getting old, their medical bills were eating at all their ill gotton gains, so then transfer their wealth to their kids, allow themselves to be arrested and jail, which, well the mob more than likely has some power in the jail system anyways...and the taxpayers get to pay for their medical bills instead of their kids losing their inheritance.

way to go law enforcement!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join