It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to be prosecuted for inciting violence if she visits Australia, attorney says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Palin to be prosecuted for inciting violence if she visits Australia, attorney says

www.rawstory.com

Comments by Robert Stary, Assange's Melbourne-based lawyer, were carried in the US by a Friday broadcast of National Public Radio's Morning Edition.

"Our main concern is really the possible extradition to the US," he said. "We've been troubled by the sort of rhetoric that has come out of various commentators and principally Republican politicians — Sarah Palin and the like — saying Mr. Assange should be executed, assassinated."

Stary added: "Certainly if Sarah Palin or any of those other politicians come to Australia, for whatever purpose, then we can initiate a private prose
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I will let my fellow ATSers come to their own conclusions and weigh in on this, but I for one, would not be shedding salty tears to see any of these megalomaniacal 'officials' put behind bars for their constant threats and incitement of violence, not only here amongst their own, but on a global scale as well.

That being said, I have no idea whether Assange's lawyer could actually pull something like this off? A U.S. gov official being arrested and prosecuted on foreign soil?

This certainly has not worked thus far for our most notorious war criminals at large...But maybe something such as this, if it were to be pulled off, could start a chain reaction. Heh-heh

Hey, I can dream.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Interesting development.

Seems like 2 can play the same game, huh?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
She would freeze to death in Antarctica before she allowed them to prosecute her.

(obvious, or not so obvious knock on Palin's geography skills)

Seriously, I don't see a problem with her being brought up on charges. Even if it goes nowhere, at least she may get a take away lesson...free speech doesn't mean no cost.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks she has said anything to incite violence might as well turn in your constitution card right now.

What certain people are missing.......... you could pretend any comment has lead to violence if you wanted to...

It's a shame that Australia has such limited speech rights....... a real shame.... or is this just some weird liberal over there?

Could anyone please post comments that she made that incited violence? I want to hear comments that are unlike any other prominent person, b/c that's the only way this would be fair.
edit on 21-1-2011 by 11PB11 because: added comment

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I bet she goes just to keep the soap opera going. She's the only politician considered to be a joke yet she won't away. She deeply reflects American politics today.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

This is kind of a non story if you ask me.
A lot of hooplah over a theoretical scenario....

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for someone here who agrees she incited violence to show me what she wrote and show me anything she said is far different from what anyone else has said....

..................I have a feeling ill be waiting quite a while............. with liberals.......... there is never any proof.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11
I'm still waiting for someone here who agrees she incited violence to show me what she wrote and show me anything she said is far different from what anyone else has said....

..................I have a feeling ill be waiting quite a while............. with liberals.......... there is never any proof.

You may want to check out this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yawn................................ Still waiting LOL

not sure why i'm waiting for proof that doesn't exist................ I guess I was just wanting to pull someone in so I could prove them wrong......... its just so ez with libs.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Originally posted by 11PB11

You may want to check out this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EPIC FAIL....................... I said show me something or comments she made that IS DIFFERENT FROM what other prominent people have done..........

If you don't know the crosshair thing has been done already by democrats I suggest you move on... and i'll keep waiting for the proof.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

YOU BETCHA!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well, as far as I understand it he would have to prove that she violated Australian law, in Australia, or get an international arrest warrant for some sort of crime.

I think the lawyer (sorry, forget his name) is grossly underestimating the current administrations affection for Mrs. Palin. I bet they'd just as soon let Australia keep her, and I wouldn't shed a tear either.

Hey if they want her, they can have her.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

This Palin women is a train wreck, AND she has been schooled by the chief pointe head of just about everything thats rotten on this planet..............HENRY KISSINGER.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I am not amazed in the slightest that anyone commenting on here has been unable to come up with proof of inciting violence or that she has said something different from what any other politician has said.

Instead the sheeple will be sheeple.

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

Palin, similarly, wrote on her Facebook page that Assange should be pursued "with the same urgency we pursue al Qaeda and Taliban leaders" -- the implication being that the US military should assassinate him in person or by remote.

this is what he cited in the article. I suppose the basis then is that she suggested that Assange should be killed, Assange is an Australian citizen and therefore perhaps if she were to visit Australia they could protect their citizen.

This is of course assuming that the Australian court system will issue the warrant and that if they are serious about prosecuting her that they would even let her into the country to begin with.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by 11PB11

Palin, similarly, wrote on her Facebook page that Assange should be pursued "with the same urgency we pursue al Qaeda and Taliban leaders" -- the implication being that the US military should assassinate him in person or by remote.

this is what he cited in the article. I suppose the basis then is that she suggested that Assange should be killed, Assange is an Australian citizen and therefore perhaps if she were to visit Australia they could protect their citizen.

This is of course assuming that the Australian court system will issue the warrant and that if they are serious about prosecuting her that they would even let her into the country to begin with.

You all are doing a very good job of showing examples of why the American people are becoming dumber and dumber........ You site an article and use someone else's summation of there interpretation and pretend that's what she said................. LOL!!!!!!!!!! i'm embarrassed for you.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I guess I need to review that nation's thought and speech control laws before visiting...

(Hope I didn't just get myself in trouble for saying that.)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join