It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockhead Martin was hired to facilitate the collection of Census information of Canadians.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Although there is big debate as to the actual continuation of the long census form in Canada, I find it difficult to understand why our government hired Lockhead and Martin, the global security company to monitor and facilitate our statistics. They know everything about everything, illness, salary and religious preference. And for what? If they continue with the long census form, I think I'll be taking the same stance. NO!
I guess our borders are getting thinner and thinner.

"Census objector given absolute discharge after being found guilty

A Saskatchewan woman who refused to fill out the census over privacy concerns was given an absolute discharge Thursday, after being found guilty last week of refusing to complete the form in 2006.

Judge Sheila Whelan announced the sentence for Sandra Finley on Thursday in Saskatoon provincial court. Finley, a former provincial Green party leader, had argued during her trial that she objected to the government's hiring of Lockheed Martin Canada Ltd. to provide computer hardware and software and printing of forms for the census. She also invoked the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, saying it protects citizens from being forced to turn over "a biographical core of personal information" to the state. Before the discharge was handed down Thursday, Finley had faced potential penalties ranging from a $500 fine to three months in jail."

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

Read more: www.vancouversun.com...
edit on 21-1-2011 by PsychNurse because: Title correction in spelling of Lockhead

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
www.lockheedmartin.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

They employ about 500 Canadians. Most government contracts require that a local bidder submit a bid if avalible. perhaps Canada did not have one with the size or resources needed to adminster the contract?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Good point... I did see that they are a massive IT provider. My problem is that that they have direct access to the personal information of Canadians. I'm not going to insinuate that it is being used for anything other than Canadian government use, I'd like to think I'm not too paranoid... but I find it unsettling at best. Although I agree with you, Canada does but big jobs such as this one up for contract submissions from multiple businesses. Maybe they were the best option.

new topics

join