It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is obama trying to make america more like Sweden?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

In this new video from the Center for Freedom and Prosperity, a Swedish economics student makes three important points.
1. Sweden became a rich nation in the late 1800s and first half of the 1900s by relying a free markets and small government.
2. Growth deteriorated beginning in the 1970s after the imposition of high tax rates and a big increase in the burden of government spending.
3. For the last 20 years, Swedish lawmakers have been trying to restore prosperity by lowering tax rates and adopting pro-market policies.
So if Swedes have learned from their mistakes and are now trying to reduce the size and scope of government, why are American politicians determined to repeat those mistakes? This is something to keep in mind with a looming vote on a giant expansion of the welfare state.

source

Make's you think doesn't it? America what has happened to you? Why have the people allowed Big Government to control their lives? Sad, just sad.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man’s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims. - Ayn Rand

How do you tell a communist? Well, it’s someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It’s someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagen

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’ - Ronald Reagen

Source for Ayn Rand quotes

Source for Ronald Reagen quotes

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Simple answer........ Obama does not think like a typical American does.

His ideal are not the same, he doesn't believe in our founding fathers and fundamental beliefs.

Most Americans didn't go to a church where the pastor spoke down about our country and damned it every day.

He's not like most of us... he studied law so he could find loopholes to further his agenda. He was a part of the Acorn legal defense who was corrupt. There are few things good about this president.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The nation of Sweden has a reasonable political system and society as a whole and the people are basiclly content .I am married to a Swedish girl and have had the oppertunity to travel there and make many observations.The people are well cared for with paid maturnity leave and many other good social programs .I don't understand what you are saying about the American goverment downsizeing though ? They maybe cutting the public sector of goverment , however I have never seen the top of this goverment stacked so heavy .In truth I would not say they are modelling themselves on Sweden but rather Denmark .It is no coincidence that Obama has been there twice believe me ! Take note of this and how this small nation is now at the front of everything international nowadays .Things such as the U.N , Nato and the Copehagen Treaty .This small nation was virtually unheard of internationally 10 years ago .If you knew the true history of their monachy you should be vary afraid ! Even Queen Elizebeth of the United Kingdom is subservant to this Monarchy , this is shown by her wearing the Danish star of the Order of the Elephant .Also research history and why the Danish Monarchy , people and Jewish subjects were hands off during the second world war .You will find much on this but not the why ! Also reaserch the nuclear accident in the Danish territory of Greenland during this same period .There is much hidden history here and it is all dark .The Dane's were in North America long before Columbus .History is false !
edit on 21-1-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: Additional text

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sectumsempra

There's a lot of issues with Sweden.. but it has nice scenery. I recall a Time article a few months ago about Swedish boys being taught to play with dolls in school to neutralize sexes
Men are even given, by law, paternity leave the same length as women.

But like most Progressive do-good white countries they have an obsession with taking in refugees from all over the world.. setting up parts of town for them and pouring money into their ungrateful hands..

if countries took care of their own first, worried about others second, welfare isn't necessarily a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

As I see it there's only two prominent problems here: immigration and feminism. Those two elements are radicalized and pretty much insane over here, they're also closely linked.

Since feminists no longer have a worthy cause to complain about, they've taken up arms against "racism" to justify their existance, racism which in reality is just dissent when it comes to the nations absurd immigration policies, the left have to remain constant victims or fight for other minorities failing to realize that they're actually victimizing them in the process.

But things are changing, the controlled media is getting desperate, they don't know what to do, the more hate they spew against the dissenters the more obvious the media manipulation becomes, it's fun watching them dig themselves deeper and deeper.

(I should point out that the words leftist and feminist is pretty much interchangeable to me, they're all the same, malnourished middle or upper class white people with dreadlocks, green army jackets, keffiyeh and absurd and naive views on reality.)

13th Zodiac, you're talking about one of the twelfth tribes right, the Tribe of Dan?

Edit: Hmmm.. two real problems? Well, there's some problems with the national psyche too, I don't know what it is, I can't pinpoint it, but the self hatred runs deep, very deep. And at the same time, there's a thinly veiled arrogance and pride in the country, it's almost psychotic, I don't understand it, cognitive dissonance on a national level? Is that even possible? I saw a canadian here on ATS describe his location as: "the land of self-satisfied phony liberals". Hey stop it Canada, that's us!
edit on 26-1-2011 by TheLaughingGod because: Psychotic self hatred

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Maybe he wants to make the US a little better than the current situation... Better services, free healthcare, free post secondary education...

Gee he's such a bad president for wanting to take the US out of the #hole it's in now...

Magnum
edit on 11/1/26 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Lol ,you make me laugh

US is FAR away from Sweden in every term -> general health ,prosperity ,economic standard ,peace , social and health programs ,security, criminal rate , and i can go on and on and on ..... Actually if Obama trying to make america more like Sweden he is meaning good to US citizens but my believe is that this is not the case .

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Yeah... about that, what is the general view of Sweden in USA anyway? Just saw a comment to that article: "handouts killed Sweden", "welfare killed Sweden" etc, etc. I assure you, we're doing pretty good over here. Economically, best in the EU apparently, haven't felt the recession at all.
Frankly I'm more worried over Mad Max type scenarios playing out in the US over the coming years.

Give us 30 or 40 years more of 100000 immigrants per year and we're in deep... trouble.
Yeah, we actually take in one hundred thousand immigrants per year, and our population is only 9 million, do the math, we're replacing the population, going extinct basically. And if you think the immigration is too much you're automatically a racist, no matter what, even if you're an immigrant yourself(true story).

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

General view of Sweden in USA ? Most Americans dont know where is Sweden on map ,or dont care . And about immigrants in Sweden, this is not the appropriate thread . And again repeating : Sweden is way ahead in every term which is generally good for human beings.
edit on 26-1-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join