It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bilderberg Owned Publication The Economist: Yes, Powerful "Globocrat" Elites Are Running Things, It'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Bilderberg Owned Publication The Economist: Yes, Powerful "Globocrat" Elites Are Running Things, It's Not A Conspiracy

www.prisonplanet.com

A rather bizarre article in The Economist today addresses this power structure and far from dismissing it as a conspiracy theory, simply reaffirms the fact that “the cosmopolitan elite” do indeed “flock together” at such gatherings and elusive clubs to shape the world that the “superclass” wishes to inhabit.

It was responsible for the single European currency, it plays host to the world’s most influential aristocrats and business people, as well as a small cadre of journalists, representing t
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.economist.com

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is interesting isn't it or do you consider the title of the article to be questionable?

What are your thoughts on that title?
This is the Economist's article it is referring to:
www.economist.com...

I am going to re-read the article again a few times before I give my more complete comments about it.

Thoughts ATS?

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It's a rather brilliant article/gambit. They really are largely owing up to the power wielded by the elites while making it seem like such a casual, harmless thing. In a way, they're kind of right. It sucks that they continue to allow the grotesque consolidation of wealth and the increasing rift between the haves and the have-nots, but the truth is that there is enough collusion at the highest levels of power that the status quo will always be maintained.

Maybe they're just trying to be more open about it.

Intriguing stuff.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Simple rational thinking

Original Article title

The world's water-coolers

www.economist.com...

Interpreted Headline

Bilderberg Owned Publication The Economist: Yes, Powerful "Globocrat" Elites Are Running Things, It's Not A Conspiracy

www.prisonplanet.com...

Mass assumption, Mass paranoia, Mass delusional ideology...

Reminds of how we operated back in the 50's with the supposed Russian Nuclear Threat....Someone needs to update their manual's

P.S.

I think AJ's hair cut rocks .

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I love the part about how the Mexican billionares all get together and discuss the poverty of the region.

How could you sit on all that money while letting everyone suffer. I just cannot understand the mentality of the elite.

I honestly think they must be controlled by a higher power, because they do not act like human beings.

Power corrupts equally...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I must admit that "The world's water-coolers, Where the influential people meet and talk" is substantially less sensationalist than the alternate title!

If nothing more, it is an admission of access to insider information, which is, obviously, a major advantage in a supposedly "free market".

I'm sure that each country's constitution is different, however I am curious as to the legitimacy of deals being struck outside the realm of government.

Interesting article nonetheless... thanks for bringing it to our attention.

the Billmeister
edit on 21-1-2011 by Billmeister because: typo... "or" should have read "of"

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69

I honestly think they must be controlled by a higher power, because they do not act like human beings.

what if i was to directly ask you that all this regarding elites, illuminate and global leaders is exactly how we have defined the process from within as to achieve the goal. Sounds slightly odd..right ?

Then why assume what you read, hear, listen and view as the gospel, for they are an accessories within the system. Do you honestly believe that such people would be allowed without approval, have you not studied the past, have you not learnt from history, why are you so willing to blindly follow what a single person voices when you, yourself, should also be questioning your own motives and thoughts.

Have you not understood this current site's web site motto ?

Humans are so predictable.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
If nothing more, it is an admission of access to insider information, which is, obviously, a major advantage in a supposedly "free market".

Excuse me....., insider information...well lets say he is being fed and he does feel good about it since the bills are being paid.

If and when ever this individual would like a confrontation i am more than happy to acknowledge, as his invitation on a neutral network will never manifest itself.

Food for thought.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Umm i'm kind of missing your point.

Can you please tell me what set you off about my quoted statement?

A human being would have sympathy for the people that are suffering, not horde the wealth while people can't put food on the table.

Do TPTB feel no sympathy at all?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
reply to post by tristar

Umm i'm kind of missing your point.

Can you please tell me what set you off about my quoted statement?

A human being would have sympathy for the people that are suffering, not horde the wealth while people can't put food on the table.

Do TPTB feel no sympathy at all?

Hi,

To begin with, nothing has set me off, but since this particular site known as ats (lingo) is a site i must openly say that i enjoy since there are individuals here that would put aj in his barn within the first 5mins of air time without breaking a sweat. Now, the fact that i have seen two particular threads quoting his site does tend to trigger some form of reaction since i was under the impression that members here are utilizing their cerebral cortex rather than blindly quoting and linking.

This particular individual is and has been in the past evasive in all forms and aspects on multiple levels when sh1t hits the fan, so with all due respect, i do acknowledge his business aspect as site alternative orientated news reproduction site, but when people being to move into the realm of reality and within a scope that i am fully aware of and able to respond i tend to become...lets say..protective and forthcoming. So in the interest of rational thinking, we/us/me/them, do at times choose to place reality within society as anything but sci-fi band width for the purpose of theatrics.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

Excuse me....., insider information...well lets say he is being fed and he does feel good about it since the bills are being paid.

If and when ever this individual would like a confrontation i am more than happy to acknowledge, as his invitation on a neutral network will never manifest itself.

Food for thought.

I apologize, but I'm not quite sure I understand your position.

If you are implying that, good for him if he has access to it, you are, from one point of view, quite correct. In all honesty, most of us, if presented with some sort of "sure bet" investment, would likely jump on it.

I think that when it becomes market manipulation however, there is an ethical dilemma. Unless you are advocating the "survival of the fittest" view point, in which case, I guess no such dilemma exists.

As for your second point, are you implying that, only on a level playing field, with equal access to information, can a true and fair competition can exist. I agree.

That we are never likely to see this... I also agree.

Please correct me if I am totally off the mark, which is absolutely possible!

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Food for thought.

As for your second point, are you implying that, only on a level playing field, with equal access to information, can a true and fair competition can exist. I agree.

His deck of cards are being dealt from "a" dealer, otherwise such a structure would not exist without approval. I assume you understand.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Food for thought.

His deck of cards are being dealt from "a" dealer, otherwise such a structure would not exist without approval. I assume you understand.

Ah, you were implying a confrontation, on a level playing field between this said "dealer" and yourself... I see.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
WOW!!!!

So, they basically just admitted that our governments are steered one-way and sometimes downright controlled by people who were NOT elected. The article says that the Bilderberg group (comprised of Bill Gates, Larry Summers, the chairman of Deutsche Bank, the boss of Shell, the head of the World Food Programme, and the prime minister of Spain to name a few) were responsible for "helping to lay the groundwork for creating the euro," and "the invasion (of Iraq) in 2003." WHAT!!!??

But that’s not the only group controlling things. There's also;

World Economic Forum at Davos – (In 1988 the prime ministers of Turkey and Greece met at Davos and signed a declaration that may have averted a war. In 1994 Shimon Peres, then Israel’s foreign minister, and Yasser Arafat struck a deal over Gaza and Jericho. In 2003 Jack Straw, Britain’s foreign secretary, had an informal meeting in his hotel suite with the president of Iran, a country with which Britain had no diplomatic ties.)

Trilateral Commission

The Boao meeting in China

The Indus Enterprise

The Carnegie Endowment for International Peace – (advised the authors of Russia’s post-Soviet constitution. It also is a foreign-policy think-tank with offices in Beijing, Beirut, Brussels, Moscow, Washington)

Group of Thirty (G30)

Council on Foreign Relations

Why are they revealing themselves now? Most of the groups were already known, however, I think they want to the average person to know that they are untouchable from our point of view. They are above our legal systems, use governments, control our military industrial complexes, manipulate our economies, and have more money than all of us pawns combined. They are showing themselves to us because they are on our side fighting against a different set of PTB who are vastly up and coming and have control over a majority of the world’s physical resources and people. China and Russia. They want us to know the teams and which side we should be rooting for.

Here’s the thing, I don’t think any of these secret, globocrat elite groups are the highest up or The TRUE Powers That Be. They might think they are but there is a level above them feeding them certain information to influence their decisions. I think these groups are the worker bees of the super elite. The very top/real TPTB are unknown even to governments and use these people to shape the world as they like. They are the same people that have profited off both sides of each war in the past 300-400 years and they are looking to do it again. The Rothschild banking dynasty.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Curious at to the " WOW "

?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Firstly, this article is completely dismissive of conspiracy theory, contrary to AJ's claims. For example, the first paragraph sets up the wild beliefs of a few fringe websites. The second paragraph leads off 'In reality' which translates roughly as 'those people are delusional'.

And toooo many pills, I think your moniker may be accurate

"helping to lay the groundwork for creating the euro"

Can't remember the last time I heard such a watered down statement. Helping to lay the groundwork for creating? Come on. Plus the article never says that they were in any way responsible for the Iraq invasion, simply that they discussed it. It even says they had differing opinions on it.

Like attracts like. Rich and influential people get together in clubs and chat about things. That's all this article says, and it's been known for a long time. The true level of control that these people & groups exhibit over world policy is what is not known.

Although I have to admit I agree with you too many pills that these groups are not actually the top level of power. I tend to think it goes TPTB (whoever they are), Global Elite Groups, Corporations, World Leaders, World Politicians, sheeple.
edit on 21-1-2011 by TheStev because: To add more stuff

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

My WOW!!!! ?

It is a great article that admits that TPTB exist, conspire together, and are over the heads of our governments and legal systems. Their groups influence government policy, cause wars, and manipulate economies around the world. They are the ones that caused the recession because they were being careless, but that's ok because they had the power to take taxpayer money to fix it. That's all sort of a big deal around here!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by tristar

My WOW!!!! ?

It is a great article that admits that TPTB exist, conspire together, and are over the heads of our governments and legal systems. Their groups influence government policy, cause wars, and manipulate economies around the world. They are the ones that caused the recession because they were being careless, but that's ok because they had the power to take taxpayer money to fix it. That's all sort of a big deal around here!

I was under the impression that anything and i mean anything that has the relevant hits and media coverage is enough to feed the cerebral region. Prove me wrong.

The fact that a site has eluded the original article does not seem strange or am i that incapable of comprehension.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

When you talk you seem to paint some of the background stuff and leave us to fill in the main image by subtractive reasoning or something equally obscure.

Sorry, no. While I get a sense you might have valuable points to make, you seem to prefer to talk in riddles. I would rather that you just spit it out.

The source article without the hyperbole was by far the more interesting read, but really didn't say much we didn't already know. Did it ease fears about the PTB? I don't know. Maybe a bit.

edit on 1/21/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

"helping to lay the groundwork for creating the euro"
Can't remember the last time I heard such a watered down statement. Helping to lay the groundwork for creating? Come on.

Laying the groundwork for the Euro basically means they set the parameters and guidelines for what the Euro should be then let the lower levels fell in the blanks and color between the lines. It is like building a skyscraper. High-up people design the entire structure and decide what materials to use then they let the workers create it as long as they follow the groundwork.

Plus the article never says that they were in any way responsible for the Iraq invasion, simply that they discussed it. It even says they had differing opinions on it.

You’re right, it never says they were directly responsible for the invasion of Iraq, but it says, “He recalls strong disagreement over Iraq: some participants favoured the invasion in 2003, some opposed it and some wanted it done differently.”

Meaning they wanted to change the way the war was being conducted, which means at least some of the members thought they had some sort of control over the invasion. It also says some favored it and some opposed it, well we know which way they ended up voting for, don’t we?

It is really just the way you look at it and connect the dots as they give us very little details to make a hypothesis on what they are really doing. They might be releasing disinformation to make them look more powerful than they really are, or this info might just be the tip of the iceberg. I’m not positive either way, but you’re 100% correct in that, “The true level of control that these people & groups exhibit over world policy is what is not known," and probably will never be known.

edit on 21-1-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join