It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Goo Turns Icicles Green and Yellow in Snyder, N.Y.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This is weird and I didn't know where to post this.

A mysterious greenish-yellow goo that fell from the sky has splattered homes in Snyder, N.Y., and triggered investigations by the FAA and the town's waste engineer.

Most of the houses along Washington Highway and Berryman Drive have taken down their Christmas lights, but are now sporting green or yellow icicles. The sides of houses are splashed with a deep brown substance and sidewalks are also spotted with the stuff.

Here's the LINK for the news story.

I thought this was very odd, sorry if it's been posted already.

edit on 21-1-2011 by flyingviolet because: edited link

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
link is broken

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

sorry, it's fixed

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This happened out west quite a few years ago and right after it happened the whole town became very ill. I don't remember what exactly the symptoms were, but they all said it directly related to the stuff falling from the sky. If I remember correctly somehow the military became involved at some point. Will link if I can find it.

EDIT: I found it. Here is a bit from the article.

In August of 1994, a bizarre sequence of events began to occur in the small town of Oakville, Washington. Gelatinous blobs of biological material began to rain down over an area of over 20 square miles during a storm. It would happen six times in 1994, and continue periodically thereafter. The latest was during the third week of June 1997. The fact that this was going on would not generally be known outside of Oakville until an episode of Unsolved Mysteries on Thursday, May 8, 1997, hosted by Robert Stack: (9 min, 36 seconds) (Introduction, Robert Stack): "It came from the skies to wreck havoc on the earth. It sounds like a bad science fiction movie, but for the little town in Washington there was nothing entertaining about the scourge that befell them in 1994. Six times it rained down from above, leaving dozens of local residents ill, and several pets and small animals dead."

LINK HERE
edit on 1/21/2011 by SpaDe_ because: added info

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

...and nobody knows what it was? I'm curious if it's the same "goo". What could it be?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Hmm...link is fine for me

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingviolet

It was some bio engineered substance. I guess it had human white blood cells in it? Sounds very very strange, but it may not be the same substance that is falling in your OP. I just remembered reading about it, and thought I would post the info just in case there is a similar illness that follows.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It would be nice to get a sample independently tested to see what it really is. To bad im in California...

top topics

join