It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocent Man Brain Dead after "Hard Shove" by Police Officer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
...why did that guy choose to run?... whats being left out of this story?... did he have some dope in his pants?... was he high?... was he an ex-con or on probation?...

...why did he pay someone 60 bucks to drive him to seattle?... doesnt he have a car of his own?... was his license suspended?... how was he going to get home?... the metro?...

...if so, why didnt he just take the metro to seattle?... its gotta be cheaper than paying someone 60 bucks for a one way 18 mile trip... of course, the metro wont take you to a dope dealer's house and wait on ya while you run in and score...

...not saying thats what the hurt guy did... just looking for an explanation for why he ran...

...the witnesses said of the cops "they didnt look like cops" - but - that doesnt wash since the cops were certainly wearing their guns and other obvious identifiers... besides seattle isnt the wild wild west anymore where citizens walk around with guns strapped to their hips...

...how long had the cops been chasing the violent battery suspect?... did what the cops knew of that suspect match the man who was injured?...

...lots of things we dont know... maybe some truth will come out during the civil suit...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Or rather these people are not worth saving.
It is these people who have ruined our world and society.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Does anyone remember what law that is that says you can stop the armed revenue collectors when they really step out of line? I know it's been mentioned in a few previous threads months ago.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A police officer once told me the way to assault someone legally is hit them with your palms, rather than punching. In a court of law you can say you were trying to push or restrain the other person

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
AGAIN!

This is crazy.

I hope that cop kills himself from remorse.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Comments from police officers regarding this

Including gems like
"He shouldn't have ran if he didn't do anything wrong. He got what he deserved."

"I saw nothing wrong. The good guys did it right. As soon as the knucklehead was down, they moved in and cuffed the suspect, done deal. Bad guy goes to jail and the good guys live on to fight another day. One day people will learn that stop means stop. Unfortunate the guy got hurt, but he made the decision to run from the law. I really wonder what is was the guy threw down just before he was apprehended?"

"If you don't run, you won't get hurt. He had it coming all the way."

"No excessive use of force. Perfectly good in my opinion. The officer doesn't have to "tap" the suspect (suspect) who ran away from him and was pointed out to be a person who committed a misdemeanor assault. Not the cops fault. Blame the victim who pointed out the wrong person and go after the victims bank account.......DUH"

The mentality of those who are meant to "serve and protect" is quite sick.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I love all the "if he didn't run" remarks... cause I have to tell you, I do not see any "running from" in the video. It looks like the man is at a bit of a jog, he then slows down and faces toward the charging officer in a non threatening manner.

When someone runs from the cops, it looks like this...

You will notice, this guy never faces the officer. He is constantly facing away. The reason being is because his goal is to get as far away as possible as quickly as possible from the officer. That is the only reason why you run. Even when this guy was hit by a car, he keeps his body moving in the direction that puts distance between him and the police officers. That is what happens when people run away.

Now let's look at the OPs footage again...

Now you can clearly see not someone who is running, but appears to be stopping. Witnesses say the police officers did not look like police officers. So with that in mind, if you are walking down a street and a very large man comes running at you and shouting. Is it possible that you may beginning running as a first reaction while your figuring out what is going on? It sure appears that he was at a jogging pace, like he was going to starting running, but his eyes are not facing away to where he runs, he is looking at what is coming right at him. Then he begins to stop and face what he sees. This is not the actions of a man who running from the police, but I would suggest he would have been much better off if he had.

When I was a kid, I was not exactly what one would call a role model. I ran from a police officer and I can tell you other than peeking back over my shoulder to see where he was, I never stopped moving, paused, slowed down. The adrenaline is pumping so hard, you almost can't. I do not see a man running from police in the OP's video.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

I wonder what the situation would be today if the officer instead would have somehow crashed against the wall and gone into a coma? Mr. Harris would probably be in prison now instead of a hospital.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This post spawns from the numerous threads about law enforcement and people's rights being violated, real or imagined. It is my desire to help you understand your rights when dealing with an officer ... This was from another thread last week that is no longer too active right now. It was from member "SEEASHRINK" and I would really like his input about this situation. Any one else?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
New laws must be implemented when citizens do NOT provoke violence. The police is supposed to protect and keep the peace; not main, injure and kill and make war.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

To be honest, I couldn't care less if he gave an opinion or not. I know exactly what thread you are talking about and it came off to me like one great big propaganda piece.

"It is your job to make the officer feel at ease" was one of the things I remember about that OP and im sorry to say that is flagrantly false. I personally did not find it worth the effort to even post in that thread.
edit on 21-1-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Im actually with you on this. I just was making a point that he was conspicuosly(sp?) absent in this discussion.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
"We look at this like a tragic accident."

Yeah, and WE look at it as complete, insane abusive of power.

So he gets a paid "leave" ahem, vacation for ending a mans life?

If a cop did something like that to a fellow cops son, or wife, would they still call it an "accident" or a "tragedy?"

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Let's put this in perspective.
Two people associated with the whitehouse recently end up dead (casting due dispersions on the POTUS).
A judge (Constitutionalist) an an little girl get murdered in Tucson, along with a Congresswoman in critical condition.
Promoting anti-gun sentiments.
Another LEO flips out and assaults a citizen, putting them into the hospital. Thus causing splitting between LEO's and citizens.
This is all part of the plan folks. We will be soon seeing more milkmen slaughtering innocent Amish kids( a metaphor), racial splitting, pitting one against another, Bankers and Brokers swindling customers...the list goes on and on.
Remember what Freakmason Albert Pike stated," Out of Chaos, order.
Order is on the horizon!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
New laws must be implemented when citizens do NOT provoke violence. The police is supposed to protect and keep the peace; not main, injure and kill and make war.

They are already there. It's called assault and battery.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
As an ex security officer and doorman we were trained in resemble force tack downs and sorry to say that was not resemble force and we did not have gun’s and tazer to back us up, the officer in the clip from what we see had time to draw his weapon and tell the man to get on the floor he did not he just took him out. Sorry about the spelling a have writing dyslexia

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I can't believe that guy said that it was a horrible accident. Yeah, he accidently tackled that man... And propable cause? WHAT?!?!? Just... disgusting that he can stand there and defend the actions of this cop... You know.. Sometimes, you have to get over that brotherhood stuff mister police officer. When one of your own screws up... Be a man and own up to it....

Defending this crap will only allow for corruption in the force.... To any cops that wonder why they have such a bad name.... The above is why.... Exactly why. 99.9999% of cops are wonderful. But if you don't remove the horrible monsters who have no business carrying a gun or wearing a badge.... your names will forever be lumped in with these monsters.

Shame on that cop and shame on that man for defending him.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

No, they'd call it a murder. The bastards get their way all the time.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

Lately i have seen tons of posts about police. I saw a video of a cop going into this guys house without a warrant and shot the owner for having a golf club in his hand. I wonder if they changed the laws for police... Or if they are just doing what they please.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yes its too bad, but by no means will this type of behavior ever end..law enforcement has justified this type of behavior and these are the profile types they want working on their departments, sanctioned by the US government.

just wait and see what will continue developing within the coming years with these so called LEOs

LAW ENFORCEMENT is the name of the game boys and girls you better beg for mercy

personally i carry special weapons specifically designed to fix their lil reg wagons when they push my Satan button

I suggest you do the same if you truly value your life?
edit on 22-1-2011 by anumohi because: add

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join