It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innocent Man Brain Dead after "Hard Shove" by Police Officer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

This will just break your heart. An innocent man had his life taken by a police officer that didn't have to do this.

I'm curious to see how many evil people will say that this guy deserved to die because he ran or whatever. There is no excuse for this. If you think there is, then you have some major issues also.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Dude wasn't even running! He was casually walking away and BAM here comes Officer Farva running full force slamming him into a brick wall. "Tragic Accident" my a**.
edit on 21-1-2011 by GLantern101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

Bastards!!!! This is completely unacceptable! Evil!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If this office doesn't get fired and sued and I was a relative or family member I would take vigilante justice.....

These stupid cops that are young and dumb and think this is all a fun game.. it's disgusting..

Serious, if I was a family member, and the cop didn't get fired and the department and him personally were not sued for all medical costs for life I would take it upon myself to find justice. F'd up!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If you see somebody running at full speed towards you do you just stand there? Of course not. It's a normal human reaction to get out of the way. Nowhere in that video did I see the guy actually "run". This officer is going to get what he deserves one way or another. This is truly saddening to see such behavior by a LEO. Now that I've seen this video, if an officer ever ran up on me like that he sure as hell will be getting a clothes line. I don't even care if I get tossed in jail for it, jail is much better than being an innocent vegetable.

This officer will get justice served to him, only this justice will be street justice.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
He is off work on a paid leave how much more punishment should he get? Watching daytime tv is cruel and unusual IMO

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"The police insist that no laws were broken and it was a tragic accident"

So if i where to attack an innocent man and put him in a coma would they have the same view?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ohh I Was unaware that Big Shove, Was in the Police protocol.
Good thing Cops don't own any kind of Stun Weapon, Aside from that thing hanging from they're Waist, oh yeah It's Called a Tazer!

It's Not Right.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spinster
"The police insist that no laws were broken and it was a tragic accident"

So if i where to attack an innocent man and put him in a coma would they have the same view?

Your Avatar is exactly what I did after I saw the last part of the video.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gom3z

oh yeah It's Called a Tazer!

Speaking of Tazers, a friend of a friend got tazed outside of a nightclub. He was in the hospital for a week. It broke his jaw and gave him a concussion.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The officer charged forward with the same movement of a trained grappler. He also outweighed the man by quite a bit. A human being can cause the same damage to another human being as a car does at slower speeds. The way his head hit was very unfortunate. It was the officers fault of course.

Sometimes I have to restrain my emotions when posting...
edit on 21-1-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 11PB11

Amen, brother. These cops are real bad asses behind that badge and gun. Take them away and they cower in fear. Vigilante justice would serve this punk right.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hey guys has the video been removed? All I am getting is a play symbol with a line through it and when I go to the link it's says it can't load video.

To be honest I don't need to see it of the descriptions above are accurate, seems an absolute travesty. Really hope that this 'police man' is jailed and the family get a big compensation payout to take care of him.

Not that it makes it better though, I hate to see this.

Peace

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
When will people realize the police are not our "protectors"?

The time is now, to take the power back from these disgusting excuses for human beings. I personally have been treated horribly and disrespected by every single cop I meet.

I would have no guilt to see a revolution take place and see the pigs being shot in the streets.

They will have to remember they brought it upon themselves.

Jack boot thugs serving the state, willingly abusing innocent people

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
People need to ask themselves if the alleged crime was worth it.

Is tolerating police brutality, wrong address warrant serving deaths, drug raids on an elderly couple growing cucumbers, the ever growing list of felonies any one of us could be charged with, etc...

Is it worth having a bunch of stressed out power mad jocks who peaked in high school running around at our expense?

What exactly do they accomplish other than carting repeat offenders off to visit their homies from the hood at the state prison?

What do they really do that any one of us cant do for ourselves besides kill indiscriminately?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
thats horrible. Poor guy has to live with his injuries with the rest of his life, while the cop gets to walk away.
Talk about a fail for justice.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I always thought that when stopping a felony suspect, protocol was to draw your weapon, order the suspect to the ground (verbally), have him or her lay prone and lace fingers behind their head.

What this bastard did was full on intent to maim. He needs to be arrested, charged with attempted murder (may turn into murder/ manslaughter, poor victim) and stuck in his own dept holding cell with no bail.

It takes a certain mentality to want to be a cop. This is a prime example of the type of person we give license to kill if necessary

What city/ department did this happen in?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
what was the reason given for chasing down the citizen? this was no "accident" (unless you mean that he didnt intend to cause that degree of harm) as he did intend to push the young man down with the force of his weight and speed (fr running). if he was apprehending a shoplifter (alleged) all he had to do was grab the person when he closed the distance to the point where he could push him. the police ("officer" or security guard, personally, and his department or employeer, should be held liable for actual and punitive damages. if police realize that they are at personal and financial risk for misbehavior (not just physical risk by getting shot if you dont shoot some guy with a golf club first) then maybe they would think first before acting so brutally. in addition to financial penalties they need to be held to the same legal standards - just because you have the power to arrest or serve a warrant doesnt mean that you have the right to inflict unnecessary harm. this officer/security guard should be charged with assault (they get away with the gray area too often; guy was backing away or held a golf club fr 15 ft away, etc).
Actions have consequences.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
the police need to be screened more for their psychological profile. my fear is that they are being screened and hired for being of that mentality (and given steroids to exacerbate it)!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The officer involved needs to spend some time in the big house.

I hear it's great fun for cops in there.

Cops butt before prison: ( . )

Cops butt after prison: ( o )

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join