It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Year-Old Boy Shoots Own Dad And Grandma

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

But then again that is the teenage why, "I don't know" on why they don't do things, homework. clean their room, do chores. Then again he might just say I don't know because he thinks this is a big game in his head who knows. You would know a 14 year old kid to know what happens if he shot them (all in the head too) what would happen to them, also he should know the consequences by now.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

His family were liberal communist, tree-hugging Obama lovers bent on the destruction of America and Christianity... It was Sarah Palin's fault.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think the kid was probably being abused and he just snapped when he got the weapon. He could've gotten it, been angered, and then his bottled up rage just took over. A kid that's been abused has issues with trust, so he wouldn't tell anybody anything no matter what.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

He got the gun back in September.

Better Source

Apparently he called 911 himself and told the officers that he would put the gun on the kitchen table. He was described as "calm, cool, and methodical."

He received the gun back in September, so it wasn't just a reaction to putting a gun in his hand.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Its a sad story...

But Karma does bite you in the ass, give a child a killing machine.. Karma comes around and takes your life.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Wow, what a tragedy.

I doubt the boy was unstable or irresponsible, otherwise I doubt his father would have given him a gun as a gift.

I am interested in the sleep walking aspect, or some other explanation. I don't know that I buy into the whole mind control aspect, seems to be thrown around a lot lately and just don't believe there are that many people involved in it.

I don't think he was aware of what he was doing though. If he had an axe to grind with his family, why would he have called 911 almost right away and surrender? Wouldn't he have fled, or gone somewhere for a time, or try to cover up the crime in some fashion?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

When things get real bad, humans will do really weird and horrific things.

In the 14th century, arguably the worst century in recorded human history, groups of people around Europe began engaging in bizarre and horrifying activities.

They were the Dancing Manias and the Flagellants.

Both are considered psychogenic epidemics. Such phenomena spreads like a disease among populations. The Dancing Manias were reported to be spread by eye contact. Mobs of people would convulse and contort for hours often until exhaustion and death. The Church at the time thought it was demon possession, but their Exorcists proved useless in stopping it.

The Flagellants were another type of psychogenic mob. They would grow as they travelled in herds through towns. They would mutilate themselves and perform baptisms of blood. They would also massacre Jews, purging towns of them. When they began to rise up against the Church, the Flagellants themselves were massacred.

Outbreaks of both phenomena eventually stopped. Much smaller outbreaks have happened since then, but if the world ever enters another period of suffering like the 14th century, we will probably see psychogenic epidemics again.
edit on 21/1/11 by MikeboydUS because: a

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
We don't know how he said " I don't know"

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Extremely strange..
1. No past disciplinary / mental problems.
2. Kills all of them with shots to the head - most who snap DO NOT think clearly enough to make headshots - headshots are a sign of a trained professional.
3. That he dials 911 and turns himself in peacefully without incident to responding officers. - usually people will a. run
b. suicide or c. resist arrest ending up killed by police in most cases.
4. No memory of what happened - possible under EXTREME stress but sounds more like a memory wipe in his case.
Too many things not adding up with this case and a few that indicate its alot more than simply a 14 year old boy snapping and killing his family... Sincere condolences to him ( he is as much a victim as the dead are in this case ) and to any next of kin , friends of the family.. Sadly think the case will be quickly tried and forgotten while somewhere someones noting down the results of a very dark expirement / project...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by seedofchucky
i fear this will be tied to video games and then back to gun control . What a tragic story . I wanna meet this little punk i have a few questions for him

Agreed some teenagers don't know between fiction or reality in most video games.
It will indeed be blamed on the video games yet again

Well, maybe it should be. Im going to do a thread on this. When I was a kid, I played defender, and mike tysons punch out. Kids today are playing uberrealistic war simulations and grand theft auto 4.

You dont think that stuff has any effect on young minds? I think our society proves it does.

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by gnosticquasar

He got the gun back in September.

Better Source

Apparently he called 911 himself and told the officers that he would put the gun on the kitchen table. He was described as "calm, cool, and methodical."

He received the gun back in September, so it wasn't just a reaction to putting a gun in his hand.

I am guessing they will later find out that there was something going on either in the boys life that had changed over that period of time, or maybe there was a family issue. Some kids will react violently to things like finding out their parents are divorcing or even that one may be cheating on the other. The last thing a child wants is their stable home to be destroyed with emotion over something tragic like that. Can only wait and see what they find out at this point really.

link   
Manchurian ??

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Consider who wrote the article:

ryangeneral is based in Ho Chi Minh City, Đông Nam Bộ, Vietnam, and is Reporter for Allvoices

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
I think the kid was probably being abused and he just snapped when he got the weapon. He could've gotten it, been angered, and then his bottled up rage just took over. A kid that's been abused has issues with trust, so he wouldn't tell anybody anything no matter what.

Wow. So without any proof whatsoever, you are now accusing the VICTIMS in this case of child abuse.....just wow.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

True, but the local article is very simliar. Only the one line about the social status in the United States was significantly different from the other local source. The facts of the incident were unchanged.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

See.. why not get him the gun and then put it in a safe until he is say 18? He shouldn't be using it without adults around any way so he had no need to have to himself. If he wanted to admire it or clean it and etc don't let him have bullets at least.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bian101
Its a sad story...

But Karma does bite you in the ass, give a child a killing machine.. Karma comes around and takes your life.

There are literally hundreds of things in an average home that could be used as a "killing machine".

I wonder if these gun control posters blamed their spelling mistakes in school on their pencils?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

I'm only 22 and I grew up playing Grand Theft Auto, Soldier of Fortune. I think most of it has to deal with your parents and listening to what they tell you they say its just a game, and how they limit you on that game. I'm not saying that some kids turn out different, but it will not hurt if parenting in this country was a little better.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

It isn't that big of a jump. It is very difficult to believe that he did this for no reason whatsoever. The pictures of the victims isn't helping much either. Those pics look like mugshots instead of family photos.

As parents and fellow human beings we have to believe there was some root cause. With no indication of mental illness or instability, for a teenager to kill his loved ones has to have a cause. If it doesn't have a cause, then how can any of us hold out hope and love for our fellow man, or our own kids?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

See.. why not get him the gun and then put it in a safe until he is say 18? He shouldn't be using it without adults around any way so he had no need to have to himself. If he wanted to admire it or clean it and etc don't let him have bullets at least.

I grew up in the country, I'd say 80% of the teenage boys I knew owned guns, had hunting licensees, and had their guns on a rack in their pickup trucks. This tragedy is the fault of the boy, not the gun.

I hate when people use the "exception defines the rule" fallacy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join