It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-Year-Old Boy Shoots Own Dad And Grandma

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by pianopraze

Fair enough

Then what does "Discipline" do
And what are the cons versus how Indian and Chinese kids have turned out?

Xbox/Facebook/Alcohol Drinking/Smoking Soon-To-Be-Addicts versus very family oriented great students?

You are aware of how racially different Indians and Chinese people are?
I've lived among the latter and there's a reason they turn out different. It's down to their race and culture. They 'tick' differently to how the US works.
In fact if you tried doing the asian system in the USA it would probably send the populace of WASPs round the twist. That won't happen for obvious reasons but what has happened is the generational trends have been wrongly scrambled and messed up by the ptb.

The reason there was less violence and trouble back in the 1950s era was because the system back then worked a lot better.
Spree killings were unheard of, kids respected values and while it was more harsher it was a lot fairer if you put the effort in.
Western society has since become very sick indeed and it's partly because it's being guided down the 'wrong' pathway.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This is a good point and post. To play the Devil's advocate, however, I would like to mention that it is possible that the boy did just crack. I don't know why he would. One indicator would be if he had any experience firring guns or firring at targets. One point which removes credibility from the news story would be that the news papers spread misinformation that the boy shot his family in their sleep. Why was the gun loaded is another good point. The family just sat there? Any survivors? Was there like one survivor from what I understand? Notice how the town imediatly wants the death penalty even though this episode makes no sense. Just goes to show how blood thirsty people are. I would like to hear the out come of all this.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by strato
Three headshots. Maybe he thought it was a game and that everyone he killed would just respawn in the kitchen.

Maybe he thought he would unlock a UAV spyplane as an additional birthday present if he got three headshots?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
You HAVE to consider when this is happening
Around all of this gun control brouhaha

It's hard to believe it's just a coincidence.

Hypnotism?

Hi everyone! Long time lurker; first time poster.

When I saw someone had posted this story, I knew there'd be talk of hypnosis and Manchurian candidates. While I'm FAR from being the foremost authority on the subject, I AM a professional certified hypnotist and practicing hypnotherapist. If you'll indulge me, I'd like to explain a little something about hypnosis.

First and foremost, to achieve a Manchurian candidate effect on a person, you have to severely change their environment. We're talking about depriving them of sleep for days, distorting their reality with drugs and changing the way their brain processes information. It is a LOT of hard work to achieve those results. Then there's the hassle of planting the suggestion in the super-conscious mind via hypnosis. Something like that could take numerous sessions with a hypnotist to embed a "kill so-and-so then revert back to normal/forget what you did/kill yourself". Even then, there's only a small chance it would actually stick.

Why? Because, even under hypnosis, the subject is in full control of their actions. If they're given a suggestion that they don't agree with or are asked to do something they wouldn't normally do, they aren't going to do it. In fact, that's usually enough to break a subject out of their trance.

I'm not saying this kid from the story wasn't hypnotized or isn't a Manchurian candidate. I'm just trying to illustrate that it's highly unlikely.

In the end, there's probably hundreds of reasons why this happened. Raging hormones from puberty setting in. A past filled with abuse; either physical or mental. Bad wiring in the brain. Only time will tell.

Oh, and to the poster who suggested head shots are a sign of a professional, you may be right. But with today's resurgence of zombies in games and movies, I think everyone knows to aim for the head if you want to effectively kill someone/something. Even as a child watching movies, I always wondered why people didn't go for the head shot or, at the very least, shoot the bad guy in the head AFTER he had fallen down.

Well, after a wordy first post, I'd like to reiterate that I'm not the leading authority on the subject of making Manchurian candidates and am not looking to step on anyone's toes. Just trying to help shed some light on hypnosis.

Of course, there's always exceptions to everything; rendering my entire post moot should one of those exceptions apply here.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Imagine running into my favorite Hypno-Hipster... Glad to see you get your feet wet on ATS...

It should be easy to figure out who I am?

K

reply to post by HypnoZzz

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Imagine running into my favorite Hypno-Hipster... Glad to see you get your feet wet on ATS...

It should be easy to figure out who I am?

K

reply to post by HypnoZzz

Either you have me mistaken for someone else OOOOOOOOOR I can't figure out who you are based on your previous posts.

Either way, thanks for the welcome!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

In their appropriate order, Education, Training, then Weapon handing, how simple is that "Go figure".

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia[/i

Don't think the kid is rely at fault here, I look at a gun as a mondane weapon in the same class as Swords, Nukes, war planes and drones e.t.c, You just don't give a gun to a 14 year old as a present, never no one can convince me. ok gun control.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Just wow. If the events that took place in this home weren't bad enough here is some more news related to this family.

Police blotter: Scene of triple homicide burglarized

According to an incident report, a relative of Joe Lankford, 44, Virginia Gaston, 83, and Rachel Lankford, 80, found that the front door glass at the Irwin Avenue Extension home had been broken between 6:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday.

Scene of Family Massacre Burglarized

Police said the suspect in the burglary is a minor, so his name is not being released. But as of late Tuesday afternoon, no one had been charged in the burglary.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Was it on a Monday?

On January 29, 1979, Spencer posted herself by a window in her home and began randomly shooting at Grover Cleveland Elementary School across the street. She opened fire as children were waiting outside for principal Burton Wragg to open the gate. The shooting claimed the lives of Wragg and Mike Suchar, and injured eight students and a police officer. Wragg was killed while trying to help the children, and Suchar was killed while trying to pull Wragg to safety.

After firing thirty rounds, Spencer barricaded herself inside her home for almost seven hours, warning police that she was going to "come out shooting." Ultimately, she surrendered to police. Although police officers found beer and whiskey bottles cluttered around the house, they stated that Spencer did not appear to be intoxicated.

When asked why she committed the gun attack Spencer replied, "I just did it for the fun of it. I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day. I have to go now. I shot a pig [policeman] I think and I want to shoot more. I'm having too much fun [to surrender]." She also said, "I had no reason for it, and it was just a lot of fun," "It was just like shooting ducks in a pond," and, "[The children] looked like a herd of cows standing around; it was really easy pickings." At the time of the shootings, Spencer was 16 years old.

Taken from Wikipedia

I guess after a while, children start to question the purpose of existence, it stemms from the loss of innocence, or resignation to the slave-like state that we live in. In a way, a gun for a present, a killing implement. Perhaps if they gave him a Playstation with killing games (like the millions of kids out there)...
edit on 22-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

That is majorly disturbing.

It is a complete loss of humanity. She should be made to stick around and watch those families wail and grieve, she should be made to watch the cleanup and the autopsies, and she should be made to attend each of the funerals, and then she should be handed over to the families for her punishment. No need for state-sanctioned death penalty, just hand her over to the grieving families and let them do what ever they feel like, "for fun."

I wonder if it really is a symptom of a society in decline, or if it is just a random psychotic break every now and then?

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join