It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gun Rights Activsts Want Teachers To Carry Concealed Weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

As far as other alternatives are concerned, tasers would be a decent compromise. Things like mace wouldn't be as helpful I don't think. Its too close range and isn't always effective, you could still fire off shots pretty easily. A taser would incapacitate the shooter though, and then students wouldn't have guns to steal from teachers as another poster suggested. A lot of teachers probably wouldn't feel comfortable with a gun either, some people just aren't, and would hesitate to take a life anyway. A taser would also solve this problem as more teachers would be willing to act rather than hesitate.
edit on 21-1-2011 by stealthXninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
sounds like a good plan.. I would vote for it. if you take guns away from good people only the bad ones would still have them.. try telling that to the gun control morons lol..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thanks for all the comments so far.

Any more thoughts on this issue?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
...sounds like it might be a viable solution - until - you remember that school districts dont have a glowing record of weeding out pedophiles, racists, spousal abusers (etc) from their staffs...

...some could say that kind of scummy teacher is few and far between but i dont think thats the case... i think the ones that are few and far between are the ones who have been caught...

...there are lots of good teachers but there are some really mean-spirited ones and very stupid ones too... allowing the negative ilk to carry a concealed weapon is creating another problem, not finding a solution...

...here's another reason why its not a good idea, imo...

Originally posted by shai hulud
Since most of the "schools" these days are nothing more than pre-incarceration facilities, I agree with the idea. Even when I was in school, I would say that more than half of the "students" could barely be classified as human, let alone law abiding studious learners. I carry everywhere I can, because I am surrounded by degenerate animals that major in murder and minor in assault, so why not the teachers?

...emphasis above mine... thats a dangerous mindset and it does not clean up because you dont see yourself as thinking just like those you call less than human or a dengerate animal - but - thats jmo...

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

...emphasis above mine... thats a dangerous mindset and it does not clean up because you dont see yourself as thinking just like those you call less than human or a dengerate animal - but - thats jmo...

What?

I am assuming through that amazing display of grammar that you are comparing me to the animals I spoke of? Come bring that mindset to a Fulton County High School in Atlanta for 4 years and see if you still think that way, What is dangerous is your mind numbing naivete. Homosapiens are not equal and, in my opinion, some should not be classified as human.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

Thats a pretty Adolf Hitler way of looking at things if you ask me. All that "some people are less than human" nonsense does , is allow people to avoid the truth. The truth is that humanity has some sick, violent , sadistic, weak people in it. Saying that these folks are not human at all, is just a pathetic cop out, one that is used most frequently by those who havent the psychological tools to deal with the fact, that they are the same under thier skin, as every sociopath and villan ever born. The only thing that differs is the way we grow up, and the way our brains are wired. Thats just a fact, theres no room for debating the subject. Humans are at once wonderful, and terrible, intelligent ,and foolish. We are walking paradoxes. But no one is more or less human than anyone else.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Sounds like Adolph Hitler huh? Whatever gets you through the state censors. We are not the same under the skin. The laws of nature apply to humans as well, and we as a species are not equal, ergo, some are less than others. Saying someone that has just butchered and eaten a child is just as human as the guy that just risked his life saving a family in a fire is delusional. Making excuses for them because they lack the G2 because it's the nice thing to do is suicidal. That self loathing, state mandated, we all are equal leftist horse%#$& manifesto they've been pushing in your part of the world is very effective I see.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

It is effective, but it isnt horses scatalogical output. Its very simple. The worst thing to happen to Europe, happened because a bunch of people saw fit to dehumanise a group of people, and treat them like a disease killing or enslaving them on a massive scale. This and other factors begun one of the bloodiest episodes in human history.
It is my duty as a Briton, and as the living embodiment of my fore fathers, who fought that battle against tyranny and hate, right from the most ancient of them who fought the Romans as part of the Iceni Tribe of old Briton, to my grandfathers who fought the Nazis, to argue against all right wing agendas, and illuminate even the merest spark of fascism where ever I might spot it.
This is nothing to do with my state and what it supports. My state contains elements (the conservative party) who frankly embody only the worst of Britain and its most right wing elements. They do not represent true Britain, the celt, but instead represent the post Roman hate machine that the influence of so called civilisation gave to us.
In terms of science, your suggestion that one man is so different to another as to be called anything other than human, is completely and utterly unsupportable. Your prattle therefore is based on a falsehood, and has no foundation other than your own inability to accept the social and moral failings of the species as a whole, and your fear to be associated by breed with people who do great wrong. This is YOUR weakness, and not a strength.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Nobody on campus should be better armed than the Dean of Boys and the Dean of Girls.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
By the way, have you checked your 'Open Carry' state map lately?

www.opencarry.org...

Is your state an 'Open Carry' state...and if not...why not?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Anyway, there are lots and lots of political battles going on over the 'Open Carry' laws from state to state. Like in Colorado, for example. Anyone here from Colorado.....with a personal story?

Colorado

Summary
Colorado was once one of our "Gold Star" open carry states. However, Denver filed and won a suit challenging the states excellent preemption law. Consequently, both open carry and unlicensed open car carry in Denver are prohibited. There are reports that other localities are planning to follow suit. Currently, outside of Denver, car carry is unrestricted and localities are almost completely preempted in enforcing firearms restrictions, and must post specific facilities which are off limits to open carry.
www.opencarry.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Anyway, Texas 'Open Carry' law stipulates

Preemption Complete state preemption of firearms laws except localities may regulate the carrying of firearms

In public parks
At public meetings of a county, municipality or other governmental body
At a political rally, parade or official political meeting
At a nonfirearm-related school, college or professional athletic event

NOTE: Almost all states allow local regulation of the discharge of firearms
www.opencarry.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join