It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French "Ramtha School of Enlightenment" couple shot dead in South Africa.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
A French couple who had taken survivalist courses, and became increasingly enchanted with Ramtha "cult" material went on the run from authorities last Friday, and they died in a shoot-out with police yesterday.

The couple had occupied a building on a farm in Sutherland for a decade.
The farmer however wanted them evicted, seemingly to enable his kids to move on the property.
On Friday the couple shot one policeman dead, and wounded another, during an attempted eviction.
The couple then went on the run, causing high drama in South Africa's press.
They were eventually located in another building on the property, and both were shot dead by police.
The Ramtha organization has distanced itself from the incident, although locals said the couple "changed" when they became sold out to Ramtha about a year ago.

For more detail, see:
www.citypress.co.za...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
That "school" is a cult and brainwashing center. I never knew they were survivalists, but was under the impression they are just new age phonies.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
well now, i feel bad for that 27 year old cop they sniped.

karma caught 'em, it always does.

I wonder if "Ramtha School of Enlightenment" will add "Not Shooting Cops" to their survivalist curriculum ? HEY-OOOOOO

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33f9502d30f0.jpg[/atsimg]

^wow that's big!

thats what she said HEY-OOOOO

ok ok i'll stop now

thats what sh...........

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I read about this.It's terrible what they did.What a bunch of weirdos.Cults have never really been a big issue round here.
Checked out their site and the lady from the front page looks a lot like the one who made those predictions about aliens coming to attack us,ect.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Now they wasting money on an autopsy/post mortem??

www.news24.com... nch-fugitive-couple-20110122

Lead poisoning ... commonly considered natural causes round here. Move on.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

True that. whats there to investigate. Owel

Wonder how big the cult is in SA or if these were the last two of them we'll hear about

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

So far the press is still investigating.
SA is full of global and local cults.
Heard on radio that just in the Cape Town area 400 groups considered "cults" (most of them Christian or Muslim spin-offs) are operating.

For Ramtha the issue is more difficult.
From what I've read on the web Ramtha only has a core group of doting, under-payed employees.
Most devotees use the tapes and other media sold by the group.
What is striking, and perhaps relevant, is that they envision end times and major disasters.
The couple had left France 30 years ago, and it seems that they mixed some other survivalist beliefs with Ramtha material.
Most towns-people here liked them, until they tried converting people to Ramtha (only a year or so ago).

There is major investigation because they have no relatives here to identify the bodies.
Police conduct during the brief, final shooting is also under investigation.

edit on 23-1-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Without passing judgement on this cult or whatnot....

If police came to evict, alot of ATSers would be shooting as well, and have actually said such on these pages.

So be careful of how you associate criminals with the "groups" they belong to.

But obviously someone here has not learned their lesson....even after Jared Loughner being confirmed as an ATS member.

How would you like it if you read the headline "Crazed theorist from internet site Abovetopsecret.com shoots politician"

Be careful of how you represent people, lest the same happens to you.
edit on 23-1-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Please understand, the south african media made this connection. Almost every article i've seen about this affair included that designation.

I'm trying to find an article i read this morning, that stated their was an upcoming "event" for this "cult" being held in rustenburg soon, price was in dollars. So they are active, and do preach "end of world scenario" stuff. Like getting off the grid, being well armed, etc.

They lasted 6 days, no idea why they went back nearly to the scene of the crime ... that was stupid.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well, the cult-link is there, but also disputable.

I've been trying to find a good pro- and anti-Ramtha piece.
It's actually quite difficult to find a history without bias.
The founder of "Ramtha" is a lady called J.Z.Knight.
Despite her claim of her first vision of Ramtha in 1977, her material only took-off when Shirley MacLaine mentioned Knight in one of her New Age books.
Knight was then known for "channeling" sessions with Ramtha.
Ramtha claims to speak through Knight as his medium, and he is allegedly a 35, 000 year old Lemurian/Atlantian. He claims to be a "god" and a "servant" (old hat).
The message was first loving and positive, but then Knight increasingly mentioned natural disasters, and cataclysms. Even in the late 1980s anti-Ramtha groups were formed, and there was major concern about especially elderly members selling their homes to move closer to Knight.
Although Knight became exceedingly rich, it never became a "cult" with a compound.
It seemed closer to a New Age scam.
Even former members said that Knight was more interested in selling courses and media, and didn't believe any of it herself.
However, ex-members have been warning about a full-scale cult.
I'm still reading on the issue. This is just a summary.
As for the French couple, they were already a bit strange, probably before "Ramtha".

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I attended a spiritualist church in Gauteng,where i met a guy that was a member of them.
Do'nt know how he is doing now,last we spoke he was learning to walk through walls(a year ago).Mabe lost consentration and got stuck in the wall.
But,what he told me of ramtha,they appear harmless.
Why would the French couple tell the farmer they wanted to drop out of society?mabe they were on the run back then allredy.
Why would they kill to stay in that house?
It is just the media adding sensationalism to mention that they had an alternative belief,and call it a cult.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcfyre

As somebody quite new to Knight's teachings on Ramtha, I have a feeling this is still going to occupy biographers and authors for a long time.
What was Ramtha, and what was their own preconceived ideas?
Our Rapport newspaper is full of it again today.

What I find significant is that a cult is no longer a physical collective around a "guru" or representative..
Media is so advanced these days that people can become "brainwashed", or obsessed from a distance.
It would be doomsday prophesies that create a suicidal environment.
Although I'm not religious or a big believer in demons, but I think the NWO plants dark things, and people who mess with it become "possessed".

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. - Engrved on Statue of Liberty"

"give me your new brides, your easy manipulated masses, your dirty money. - Engraved on a South African Border Post.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantien

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. - Engrved on Statue of Liberty"

"give me your new brides, your easy manipulated masses, your dirty money. - Engraved on a South African Border Post.

Uh....okay. Not exactly sure what this has to do with the topic, but I can see you are angry about something in South Africa. Go get em.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Have not read much on them,what i can remember reading is that Ramtha,whom lived 12000y ago,are being channeled by JZ Knight.one of their believes is, all matter can be manipulated if u can attune your body's vibration to said matter.
What i forgot to ask is also,why would the French couple not leave the area?A person could easily dissapear in that erea of the country.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
From what we know they did leave the area, but somehow decided to return.
Another farmer/tenant allegedly saw them sleeping through windows.
It was another "abandoned" house on the property.
We were just told that a "dangerous couple" was on the loose.
I think many in SA find the media attention on this case ironic.
Some sites document the genocidal murder of up to 3000 whites since 1994, mostly on farms, and nobody has taken the government to task for that, and the media hardly mentions such cases.
So a lot of groups in SA regard this attention on a foreign couple hypocritical (or deflection) when we've had cases where women's breasts were removed (see the Lotter murder), and other real atrocities.

new topics

top topics

join