It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Royal Families really chosen by GOD?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I guess, that if you believe that specific bloodlines where put in place directly by an almighty being to ensure some sort of order on the earth, then perhaps the answer is yes.

Since I do not believe this to be the case, my real question becomes "do they really believe that they are chosen by God".
In all seriousness, if you are taught this from the time you are born, and always surrounded by enormous wealth and privilege, it is conceivable that you come to truly believe that you are literally chosen by God.

Being from Canada, I am in humble serfdom to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. She is, by all accounts, an extremely intelligent and well-informed lady. I would truly love to get the opportunity to ask her honestly, whether or not she believes her privileges were granted to her by God.

The possible honest answers are:
1) Yes, now bow down before my greatness.
2) No but, it sure is a great socio-political tool to ensure I keep my palace and jewels.
3) No, our ancestors thought like that, but now we are just milking it for as long as we possibly can.

Your thoughts on the matter. And by the way, this applies to all royal families world-wide.

the Billmeister

Definition of "Divine Right" :

The divine right of kings is a political and religious doctrine of royal and political legitimacy. It asserts that a monarch is subject to no earthly authority, deriving his right to rule directly from the will of God.

Divine right in Asian countries

In China and East Asia, rulers justified their rule using a similar concept called the Mandate of Heaven. It was similar to the European notion of the divine right of kings in that both sought to legitimize rule from divine approval. However, while the divine right of kings granted unconditional legitimacy, the Mandate of Heaven was conditional on the just behavior of the ruler.

source
edit on 21-1-2011 by Billmeister because: added definition of "Divine Right"

edit on 21-1-2011 by Billmeister because: to add interesting difference with the Asian interpretation

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If they believe in God then I'm sure they think god lets them live the lives they do.
But no they aren't really chosen by God. It was just a way to control the people.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
im gona go with answer number 3

as god said himself we are all eaqual!

who are someone else to be higher than another person, there not imortal, were all the same

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoobyrob

who are someone else to be higher than another person, there not imortal, were all the same

link the vid with god saying that. I missed it.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

God wouldnt do something so stupid as to encourage royalty, He encourages All to be equal

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Winnuting

look it up yourself in the bible, i aint your slave...

2nd

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

This is laughable chosen by god? If there chosen by god then gods a real prick

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Go read the Bible:

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Gal. 3:28)"

Its the word of god

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

2nd

oh sorry. I thought you meant the real god.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Why are people saying god encourages all to be equal, when the bible is clearly sexist?

Have to agree that monarchy is wrong, though. Noone should be given power purely because of their genes. On the other hand, they do bring in a lot of tourism revenue for the UK, so it's not all bad.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Yeh, pics or it didnt happen.

Verry good question OP, But one I think we will never know the true answer too, Of course if asked publicly about this, the queen would say yes she does believe it, as her self and her family have to much to lose by saying no imo.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

thank you for posting that,

but you should let people look it up for themselves if they dont believe you. (he prob knows dam well it was refrenced in the bible if he has any education)
imo, if your too lazy to look up the info yourself why bother asking the question in the first place...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Which Real God? If you have some new evidence to Prove irrefutably That god is real and that youve identified who he is?

Personally i think its chuck norris

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winnuting

2nd

oh sorry. I thought you meant the real god.

meh... what ever you want to believe in man, i aint gona judge you

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister
I guess, that if you believe that specific bloodlines where put in place directly by an almighty being to ensure some sort of order on the earth

I don't think any British monarchs since James II have actually literally believed this about themselves, except in the vague conventional sense of the royal titles as shown on the coinage (do you have "D.G." on Canadian coins?).
History shows that all royal familes have, in practice, "come up from the ranks" at some earlier stage in history. Even the mighty Habsburgs were at some stage humble counts governing a small locality.
But I think Elizabeth II believes that she is carrying out a duty, and performing a useful service to the nation- and therefore, in her own way, serving God, just like anyone else who performs a constructive duty conscientiously. That was part of her upbringing.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Thanks for your input.

The weight of my question is more toward the angle of what THEY believe.

As I stated, if you are taught, from the day you are born that you are one of God's chosen people, and are therefor entitled to greater wealth and privilege than all other humans on earth, it IS conceivable that you would believe it, is it not?
If nothing else but to justify the massive social advantage that you have gotten, through birth alone.

On the other hand, I would assume that being taught that you were, sadly, not personally chosen by God, and will never be able to acquire the wealth and prestige of those that were. It is perhaps more conducive to a result of someone not believing that such a hierarchy exists at all.

(hopefully that makes sense and you get the gist of what I am trying to portray)

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This question is all messed up. The bible said that some houses would remain. This doesnt mean they are "chosen" to do us ill or that they can do whatever.....but the house will remain.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
God didn't intend for their to be kings and queens....
He appointed judges to rule over Isreal first.
But, well, all the other countries around Isreal had kings, and the judges were only human, and thus a tad bit corruptable. So, well, the people wanted their God to give them a king also...
So, God, really didn't like the idea, but he gave in and gave them their kings.
So, no, I don't believe that God chose the kings and queens to rule the earth, men and women did that. He would have preferred that judges (justice) rule....
now days, the kings and queens don't really have that much power in most of the world, and at least here in american, Lady Justice should be taken out of our courtrooms here in the US since justice seems to be the farthest thing from most people's minds...
man refused the judges, preferring kings, and then refused the kings....so god gave them back the judges, (democracy, constitution, freedom), and it has been refused again...
wonder what god will come up next??

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
God didn't intend for their to be kings and queens....
He appointed judges to rule over Isreal first.
But, well, all the other countries around Isreal had kings, and the judges were only human, and thus a tad bit corruptable. So, well, the people wanted their God to give them a king also...
So, God, really didn't like the idea, but he gave in and gave them their kings.
So, no, I don't believe that God chose the kings and queens to rule the earth, men and women did that. He would have preferred that judges (justice) rule....
now days, the kings and queens don't really have that much power in most of the world, and at least here in american, Lady Justice should be taken out of our courtrooms here in the US since justice seems to be the farthest thing from most people's minds...
man refused the judges, preferring kings, and then refused the kings....so god gave them back the judges, (democracy, constitution, freedom), and it has been refused again...
wonder what god will come up next??

Thanks for your input... I would stress that the OP is about what the actual royal families believe, but you bring up some valid points.

You are incorrect on one thing though, the royal families still hold a lot of legislative power in many countries. Here in Canada for example Her Majesty The Queen Of Canada (Queen Elizabeth II) is our official head of state, and in fact, our Prime Minister (who most think of as our head of state) is 3rd on the list.
(In actual fact, the office of the Prime Minister is not a legal or constitutional entity, because it does not appear on any books... but that is far from the discussion at hand.)

For example, all laws must gain "royal assent" (i.e. the Queen's OK stamp) in order to pass... they still have a lot of power, they just pretend to be figureheads.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Well throughout history there have been a few main ways to be part of a royal family.

One was by warfare / conquest. Someone rallied a bunch of people around him, formed a loyal fighting force, went to war and won / conquered as needed and declared himself royalty.

Second way was by treason. Pretty simple, an inside job to kill or cast out the current royalty with minimal bloodshed and proclaim yourself new royalty and get enough backers to agree.

Third was being born in to the right parents, at the right time after one of the above has happened.

Sometimes royalty is declared by religious leaders - but its usually as a result of one of the above. Really more of a business partnership than anything.

So.. I would say that throughout history its mostly been #2. But, there are always the few that believe their own hype and really have considered themselves a mix of God and King.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join