It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shifting Visions/Pictures When Eyes Are Closed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
First I need to confess that I have never followed the subjects that this forum covers. Due to my religion and beliefs I never put much stock in these things. I hope not to offend, as I judge no one upon religion or lack there of. I feel it is important to be bluntly honest here so I can get a more accurate answer. I do believe in seers and certain other gifts.. of which I have none.
That is why I am here. I will try my best to explain myself clearly.

I have been having a hard time sleeping for three days now. I am not suffering any ill affects like I normally would though. Around three days ago I started seeing things in my periphreal vision. Mostly black blob things and white haze.

This morning I tried going back to bed again. It's like I can't stay still. My legs stay restless. I lay there for about ten minutes and I experience the shifting pictures (?) I am looking for answers about. When I close my eyes everynight to go to sleep I get a sort of slideshow affect of the days events or whatever I choose. The pictures are always vibrant and lifelike. Last nights experience was different.

This is going to sound ridiculous and silly to most I am sure. Last night the picture was of meeating a meal. I see this through my eyes. By that I mean the picture was what you would see if you were sitting at the dinner table cutting and eating your food. At this point I am still wide awake. The picture stalls and I can "feel" something shift. For a split second the picture changed but didn't. ugh.

It was still through my eyes, but the meal, enviroment,and my hands were different. The best I can explain is that it was me but not me. "Feeling" the shift is another hard one to explain. Almost like I was not here when the picture changed. It was a little spooky how it felt. I got up for a bit then tried the bed again. Same occurance. I have not tried again yet.

All these things may not be linked. I have no clue. I would love to find out if anyone can help explain the picture shift. I will take all info you can offer.

To help further..
I am not on any meds
I just recently had a full work up
I do not drink at all
I use no drugs at all
edit on 1/21/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
All I can offer on this is that sleep deprivation can do some REALLY weird things to your brain and have both physical and mental side effects like hallucinations etc.

Hope someone else can help you more!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I personally have nothing to add, other than to tell you that i saw a thread on here yesterday, about someone else not being able to sleep the 2 previous nights, and possibly a connection with that and the full moon. I do not remember what category but i will look and see if i can find that thread. it might help. idk.

It just seems like it could possibly be related since you are talking about the same days.

ok here. I havent posted links on here b4 so not sure what im doin but- www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/21/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/21/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
When I used to have very sporadic and awkward sleeping arrangements I used to get all sorts of weird things when you close your eyes to try sleep but your brain doesn't want to. Though I remember when I had to have my eyes checked out (I have corrected vision), seeing things in your periphersal vision could be a sign of some sight problem.

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it seems to be a constant thing. I would mostly put it down to trouble sleeping and if it fits, possibly a hard time lately while awake? Unusual activities or circumstances lately? All a possibility.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

That was my first thought too. I have gotten sleep here and there just not my normal amount. You could be right. It is logical. It's just the feeling that came with it like whoa! Sleep deprivation would leave me with a lot less questions for sure.

I guess I also needed to know if others have experienced this.

Thanks for replying. You are always helpful.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Hey thanks! I will go check it out. Star for taking the time to dig it up.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

Thanks. I would prefer it to be sleep deprivation to tell the truth about it. It's a little easier to take in. My eyes are bad and have been since I was 5. Maybe they just decided to crap out on me altogether.

If people really hallucinate like that, that is wild! The feeling didn't scare me, it was more of a feeling of awe. The whole thing is weird. Ahh well. I suppose I will wait and see if it continues.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It could be any number of things - the idea hsould be try to eliminate each till it goes (or persists). I remember when I had to have new glasses on, which were stronger they'd make me see all sorts of weird things in the peripherals. It subsided though. When really tired to the point where it is actually hard to get sleep the dreams-while-awake thing can get really weird. I had one where I saw myself and lots of other people taken to some sort of facility where they sprayed gas on us, another one where some country (looked like viatnam or similiar) were been flooded on a time-lapse image....

Yeah it can get pretty surreal, usually though, there is an explanation - thankfully

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I have the exact same issue except for I can control it most of the time. For me it can happen whether or not im tired or sleep deprived. This happens to me when i am about to go to sleep....i close my eyes and start to think of a place or people that i know and its as if i feel this shift or movement. Kind of gets fuzzy sometimes or ill feel as if im in some sort of a winding tunnel. Then after the fuzz or after the tunnel i see the view of a place or event but sometimes it doesnt always feel as if its me at that place or event. Feels as if im seeing through someone elses eyes. Ill be in that state for a few minutes...sometimes a few seconds and then i come back to myself. It kind of feels as if you are half sleeping and half awake because you can feel and hear youself breathing but you are seeing through someone elses eyes. Ive recently learned to control it a lot more and it almost feels as if now i can project myself to another place and see it through someones eyes...still not always sure if they are mine or not but thats what happens.

I know this sounds totally insane but im glad someone else is having these issues because i have yet to see a thread like this on here so i didnt want to speak up. Dont feel so odd now. =)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

I was embarrassed to post as well. I figured I didn't have anything to lose. I can control my images as well as my dreams (wich everyone says that's impossible). I have been doing both since I can remember. Except for last night. When I felt the "shift" I could not control it. I could stop it and open my eyes (which I did) but I could not pick the image anymore.

I was so surprised by the feeling I did not want to continue to see it. So both times I opened my eyes to stop it. I am not quite sure I would want to continue the experiences if it is not caused by lack of sleep.

But like you, I am glad either way that I am not the only one. It makes it a little less intimidating.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Honestly its not due to a lack of sleep. I think it has to do with projecting yourself kind of OBE or Astral like. Shoot me a message if it happens to you again sometime. Id like to swap experiences.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyWrench30

I will certainly do that. I would be interested in hearing about experienves like these even if I never experience it again.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If I become incredibly tired and try to sleep, I sometimes get those visions like the OP. They're usually of something weird, like me texting or eating. I chalk it up to my brain replaying some random task from the day.

Once I read some story on my phone and made some new song when I was I this state lol.

top topics

join