It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rejected Super Bowl Ad - JesusHatesObama.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Here's the ad - www.youtube.com...

Huffington Post

The ad shows two bobblehead dolls: one of Jesus and one of President Obama. As classical music plays, the video cuts between the two bobbleheads until Jesus seemingly makes the Obama bobblehead fall into a fish tank, whereupon the logo for the site comes up.

More story here

Fox entertainment network is holding fast to some strict guidelines when it comes to vying for a coveted Super Bowl advertising slot. As we reported, an advertisement for an infidelity dating service was denied air time for failing to live up to the network’s “standards and practices’ regulations. Now, another ad — this one for JesusHatesObama.com, a conservative comedy website — has been rejected.

From the comedy website -

Jesushatesobama.com

Do we really believe that Jesus hates Obama? Of course not! However, we do believe in freedom ... as in the freedom to make fun of the Obama administration with novelty T-shirts. Check out our official Jesus hates Obama collection today. Our products are a joke, but so are the policies of this administration.

Soooo .... Is FOX right in rejecting the ad? They own the network and can show whatever ads they want to, (or don't want to) right? Then again, IMHO it's just a product and the ad isn't irreligious or offensive ... unless you are an over-the-top obamatron or something. It would be just as funny with a Jesus hates Bush43, with the Jesus bobblehead 'thinking' Bush43 into the goldfish bowl. I suppose they are trying not tick anyone off and they are playing it down the middle of the road. Anyways ... feel free to gaze upon the 'banned' ad and ad your comments here.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Why am I not surprised to see something so cheesy, and at the same time heartless, come out of the "Christian" camp? Way to spread Jesus' message of love and tolerance, guys!

Man, I wish Bill Hicks were alive to see this.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
i dont blame FOX at all for not allowing an ad just about "Hate" in general. Freedom of speech or not, do you think they would allow an ad that said, "The Indianapolis Colts Hate God"; "Regis Hates Monkeys"; "Eskimos Hate Ice". etc etc. It would not be good business for FOX to outcast any one particular group of ppl. but then again, i could be wrong.

ok now I watched the whole ad, was slow loading. but anyways, thats a pretty bad commercial anyways IMO.
edit on 1/21/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Guess that answers the question WWJD?

Then Obama asked Jesus to turn that water into wine, so he did, which Obama promptly served at a State dinner honoring Chinese President Hu. All charged to the American taxpayers at $399 a bottle.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I wonder if they got their money back for said ad space cancellation?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
What will the left do?
Will they go with "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" tactic or will they stay quiet?

Which is their greater enemy..FOX or Jesus?

I think the left will be confused over, ..maybe that's the plan.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I for one am glad that the ad was rejected. I do not know Obama personally but I do know Jesus and he don't hate nobody

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The disclaimer on their site:

Do we really think Jesus hates Obama? Of course not!

However, we do believe in freedom...as in freedom to make fun of the Obama Administration with novelty t-shirts. Check out our official Jesus hates Obama collection today.

Our products may be a joke but so are the policies of this administration.

Ok, you have your freedom of speech, but I relegate this type of speech to the bottom of the barrel. Totally useless, totally provocative. The shirt with the O and devil ears and the last a with the tail really constructs the worldview of their comedy. With the paranoid populous who really believe this is a battle of good versus evil, how does this become suggestive language?

Compare:

Westboro Baptist Church: "God hates fags"
This website: "Jesus hates Obama"

What is the difference?

I was under the impression that Jesus is love. I'm pretty sure Jesus would be disappointed with the Obama administration for letting down their promises to the poor and disenfranchised in the populace...capitulating to the wealthy. We are neither teaching a man to fish with our poor educational system, nor are we loving our enemies with policies that only encourage them to more violence by producing death and destruction in their nations.

Seems kind of silly to make shirts and coffee mugs for such a purpose.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Technically, it is an argument of free speech and at the same time it is not. The matter is that Fox, as a private enterprise, is allowed to disregard certain types of speech and accept others. The government is the one that is required to allow for freedom of speech.

However, the problem is that our airwaves are restricted to only certain types of speech and not regulated by the government, so there really is no space for "free speech" to exist. Consider that in California, because no one goes to parks anymore, the state allows protests and distribution of pamphlets in grocery store and commercial plaza parking lots.

I think that the lack of "free speech" from all perspectives has lead to an environment where "Jesus hates Obama" has become a potentially loud voice.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is american politics at its best.

just a game to discredit and smear the opposition.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Good grief..

You know whats bad? Not that we have God hates Fags and Jesus hates Obama.. but that we even have to discuss such silly childish things at all. People used to have a little dignity. Guess that was bred out of us as well as civility.

Now its ANYTHING for a buck or for a little attention.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off.

Every Christian should be outraged. Jesus was a message of love and tolerance, not....THIS.

Sometimes it seems like the American Christian right is just continually facepalming themselves.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
True, Jesus did not hate, but some of y'all are missing the point.

Jesus did not not like the money changers and I think the point of this little commercial is that Jesus is pissed off because Obama is changing our money.
Maybe He doesn't like the Change we were told to believe in.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
True, Jesus did not hate, but some of y'all are missing the point.

Jesus did not not like the money changers and I think the point of this little commercial is that Jesus is pissed off because Obama is changing our money.
Maybe He doesn't like the Change we were told to believe in.

What? That is a pretty damn big stretch right there. Obama is changing our money? What does that even mean?

What happened to "turn the other cheek", brother?
What happened to "judge not, lest ye be judged", brother?
Or are you only supposed to follow those teaching for those whom you like?
I think you missed the point. In a big way.
edit on 28-1-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

True, I think by "money changer" he meant any and all usurious actions. And what is our current financial system but institutionalized usury.

Proselytizing against usury does not mean that Obama is an enemy of Christ. That means even the televangelists are also money changers.

Teach a man to fish, don't charge him for the lessons.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
well there is absolutely no proof that jesus does hate obama, so therefore that would be a no go for a commercial. dont get me wrong not a big obama guy but you cant make accusations that cant be backed up, after all doesnt jesus love everyone?

new topics

top topics

join