It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the @@ is going on?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Since 2011... we have seen dead birds everywhere, fish dieing by millions, cows dieing for no reasons and today in Portugal hundreds of octupus dead for no reason. news.bbc.co.uk...

on top of that the craziest flooding seen for years and years plus earthquakes and volcanoes...

Scientists talk about a second sun that will come on our sky (many theorise it will be nibiru and they try to make a story about it to not alarm us)

NOW, If we had an external viewer telling him "look man in 1 month all these things happened... what you think about it?" wouldnt he tell you that the apocalyptic days have begun? I mean just because I still have internet and I can watch 2 and a half man on tv while playing xbox or whatever, i shouldnt realise something bad is going on? not to mention that all those civilizations that perished, they perished probably cause they weren't prepared. because of the false feeling of safety. I don't believe they were stupid. Simply felt that daily routine covering the instincts of something is going on.

Now tell me... are these things we see normal? I certainly don't think so.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

I think the guideline here is to bear in mind just how common or uncommon mass animal die offs are. The truth is that we might simply be reaction to these events because they've never been as widely reported as they are now.

The digital age is a marvelous thing, but information overload is an unfortunate risk that we run because of it.

Regarding the normalcy of such events, I haven't looked into it. But I am positive that we have some stellar minds on ATS who can provide us with some insight in this regard!

~Heff
edit on 1/21/11 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Scientists talk about a second sun that will come on our sky (many theorise it will be nibiru and they try to make a story about it to not alarm us)

What scientists say that??
I haven't seen any proof from scientists...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
the date on the BBC article which is your link, is jan 3, 2010

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The truth is that we might simply be reaction to these events because they've never been as widely reported as they are now. T

The media age as we know it has been around for a good 10 years now..
I don't recall seeing this amout of die offs before..
And also the extreme weather and pole shift..
It's all adding up to something IMO...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

To follow on from Hefficide's comment, it's like when you see a car you like but haven't seen in a while, e.g. a Blue VW Beetle, you'll suddenly start noticing more Blue VW Beetles everywhere, and then just VW Beetles etc...........

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I definitely think something is starting to unfold. These mass animal deaths, major floodings, and awakening volcanoes...it will only be a matter of time before it becomes undeniable (though I'm sure "experts" will be denying it right up to the very end).

@heff
I don't think your explanation is plausible. We have been living in an interconnected electronic society for a while now. We've had essentially the same ability to record mass animal deaths for at least the last decade. Maybe if this happened like 10 years ago your explanation would be more likely. Look at the facts rationally and you'll see this many mass animal deaths in such a short period of time is far from common. There are probably many factors involved, but it isn't just a bunch of random coincidental events. That's wishful thinking.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Also we do not know what weapons are being used. People have to remember energy is energy and if you find the right type and amounts you could effect everything. Everything has its frequency, so the ptb must be studying this sort of thing.

People are totally ignorant of this, this is how al gore got away with the rubbish agw.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I wasn't trying to go for wishful thinking. I just wanted to take a deep breathe, look at the situation from all angles, and ascertain a base line for comparative reasoning.

Yes, we have had a pretty proficient information network, globally, for a very long time. In fact I've been online for roughly 20 years. But, having said that... In the last few years the age of the "meme" had really taken hold. It used to be that it was work to gather and compare info, even on the web. It was a slower process. These days... well things go viral in a matter of minutes or hours. This can lead to hyperbolic reaction.

If I had time today I would try to find a year by year listing of animal die offs and then use those to compare the recent events to historical norms, or even historical spikes. That seems like a rational place to begin.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

The media age as we know it has been around for a good 10 years now..
I don't recall seeing this amout of die offs before..
And also the extreme weather and pole shift..
It's all adding up to something IMO...

I feel like something is going to happen too. Maybe good or maybe bad or a little of both. Even if they know, don't think any of our leaders will admit until the last minute, though.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

In the last few years the age of the "meme" had really taken hold. It used to be that it was work to gather and compare info, even on the web. It was a slower process. These days... well things go viral in a matter of minutes or hours. This can lead to hyperbolic reaction.
Well, that is definitely true. But I think something like this would be picked up on several years ago. It may not have went viral, but it would be on record and fairly easy to find.

If I had time today I would try to find a year by year listing of animal die offs and then use those to compare the recent events to historical norms, or even historical spikes.

So far I haven't seen any reasonable comparisons, so I'm led to believe there is nothing like this on record. This whole thing can easily be put to rest by showing the degree of mass animal deaths witnessed in the last few months isn't something entirely unique.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I feel like something is going to happen too. Maybe good or maybe bad or a little of both. Even if they know, don't think any of our leaders will admit until the last minute, though.

Yeah, our gratefull leaders probably have a TV studio set up in their DUMBs..
At the last minute they will televise that the world is about to end, oh and thanks for the tax money..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

www.news.com.au... 09247

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Found a die off list . Just did a quick search, but this will get it started www.time.com...
edit on 21-1-2011 by DAVID64 because: addition

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
One of the things I have found interesting is the contrasting situation...

We have reports of the impact of decades of global warming and how this will only get worse, and next to that places like Britain reporting a return to what are deemed traditional seasons and weather after decades of warming (native species of flora and fauna are currently thriving in Britain)

However I won't discount either side being correct/incorrect..

But If I was a hybrid species bee keeper in the UK I would be worried as the return to traditional seasons might kill off all my hives, while if I was a native species bee keeper I would be worried if the warming continued as that might kill of my bees.

My instinct is to look at the situation we face and decide, are we returning to traditional seasons after decades of warming? or are we still facing continued warming? both will have a shock impact on different species in a different ways.

From that I have been looking at the species involved, questioning if they native to the region they are dying? or are they species that have migrated as the planet has warmed?

e.g As the planet warmed over the last decade more and more species have migrated north..

I am guessing if we are seeing a dramatic return to traditional seasons those in the colder areas will die off first due to hypothermia.. while if we are continuing to warm then those species in the warmer end of their habitat will start dying off first due to heatstroke.

Once you have worked you way through that and have discounted either of those changes as being the cause, then your left in no mans land scratching your head..

Which is where I find myself right now
as native species are dying (claimed hypothermia) in temperatures that are well within their tolerance and not outside traditional seasonal averages.

Wow.. sorry for the long winded response to explain how I come to my conclusion that I have no idea what is going on

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
For everyone who thinks everything is "normal" just open your eyes. Over the past year we've seen record weather worldwide, floods, heat, cold, snow. Weather is setting records all over the world. Each event by themselves may mean nothing but taken as a whole things start adding up and I don't think we like the answer. Changes are not only coming they're here, and just when we think we've seen it all mother nature shows us something different. Lots of theories but not many answers, and I'm not talking about conspiracy theorists, I'm talking about scientists. Just look at all the things that have been uncovered just recently(fossils way older than anything we've ever seen, theories are being put to the test). Exciting times my friends.(PS, I didn't even get into the birds dropping from the sky or animals dying all over the world).

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981

www.news.com.au... 09247

Links not working..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by willie9696

"Normal" is a hard thing to ascertain regarding weather trends. We have a fairly limited record for comparison. What we think of as "abnormal" may well end up being simply "uncommon".

I have no problem sounding the warning bells, as it were, but before I do so, personally speaking, I want to make sure that the noises I am hearing aren't just the neighbors cat.

I've lived through one too many "oh no the apocalypse" moments to not be a bit jaded about them.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
overpopulation which leads to many, many problems.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
overpopulation which leads to many, many problems.

What bunk..
There is NO overpopulation, merely an uneven dispersion of resources..

ie: The west takes much more than it needs while 3rd world countries suffer..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join