It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30,000 year old cave that "descends into hell"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Fair enough. I thought by putting ""descends into hell"" into quotations marks would help people get the difference.
And I am sorry you thought the trailer was a waste of time. Although in my defense this is the fragile earth forum and not the religious one, so i thought I was safe.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I suppose as an ancient man, unable to understand the science behind it, it was truly frightening to be in the dark with hallucinations. The modern cave isn't scary because we can understand it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
All the title and then the resulting thread proves is this...

...that the mods are asleep.

We need to stop with all the misleading sensational titles.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

The title for this thread came directly word for word from the title of the source article.

Generally reviewing the links provided before making assumptions is the best way to not make yourself look like you didn't read the source and just replied anyway

Deny Ignorance

Jr.
edit on 20-1-2011 by LittleIndianJr. because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by LittleIndianJr. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleIndianJr.

Actually checked the source out too.

Still standing by my sensationalist title post.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

I'm not sure I understand how it is sensationalist if the OP used the EXACT same title as his source.

Maybe I don't know what sensationalist means?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
On topic, I wonder if after the release of the movie there will be more pictures of the cave released?
Maybe pictures of the "monsters", really any pictures of the final room would be cool....
Definatly going to be checking this movie out though cannot wait! WOOOOT!!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleIndianJr.

Thank you for trying to explain. apparently Mr Anonymous is quick to shoot the gun. Also, dont people use quotation marks like this? But oh well.

If you check a link on the first page there is a virtual tour of the cave. You might get some good views from that.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
thanks for interesting post. star from me

Never heard of this cave. it would be nice to visit it. (cave with natural lsd :lol

btw. someone said you should check Untersberg. I would advise you to do that. What a mistical massive mountain. Hitler was very interested into that. He believed it had some mistical-magical powers.
Been there, strange feelings mix when you are there.

off topic - i would smack anybody that believed that OP really meant that cave goes directly to hell.
they should teach sarcasm at school

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Or it could be real giants and half buffalo women from middle earth.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by koots751

yes just a tad...nor were we told it was a movie trailer which would have been nice, i thought prhaps it was a cave that descended to hell ....silly me

Is it really that big of a deal? It took all of 15 seconds to read it - if it didn't meet your likings all you need to do is hit the back button.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by Blaine91555

oh right silly me...i have obviously read too much into the title u know....with the words descends into hell?
i really should start completely dismissing the titles and just get straight on to wasting my time watching things that do not pertain to the thread title..THEN read the title and kick myself for being so foolish ...

But instead you want to waste everyone else time by posting useless babble.
edit on 21-1-2011 by CayceFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thanks op, someone-many people had alot of time on their hands to finish such a feat as this
I guess they were not too worried about hunting and gathering at the time

Raises many questions to the validity of this caves time frame

edit on 21-1-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2011 by allprowolfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I think this gives more credence to the idea that ancient people experimented with mind altering substances to reach visionary states.

This fact has already been proven for various cultures. Right down to "witches" and "werewolves" which were hallucinations caused by ergot mold on rye bread, extremely similar to '___'. South American cultures still today use herbs and plants to make hallucinogenic drinks and smokables. I believe this is why Salvia Dinorum is so big with the kids these days.

As for caves, check out the crystal caves, i think if you search for "return to the crystal cave" you'll find a recent documentary about it, quite amazing, the heat in parts of the cave will kill a human in around 10 minutes
edit on 21-1-2011 by phishybongwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Does everyone know this is a Werner Herzog documentary?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by phishybongwaters

Well i know its proven. However many people still argue as to wether or not this is responsible for religion

which i believe it obviously has a huge hand in that. However we have to speak carefully about that topic on ATS. Ive had a couple threads deleted b/c of "drug talk". So much for "deny ignorance"

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CayceFan

My sentiments exactly

Still, it was worth the chuckle about people confusing a hellish place for the "real" hell.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
chill people!
A 3d movie by Herzog is simply for me, outstanding!

He has taught me so much, everything he has made I have enjoyed, this cave at Lascaux is simply amazing and the portrayal of the beasts simply breathtaking
I cant wait, thanks OP , I`m now descending unto hell counting the days until I can go to a decent theater that will show it!

art the only equalizer that lasts through time!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

FnS This is what ATS is all about if you ask me . Finding and posting the most unusual most unknown and very scary/trippy/ancient ///etc.//. Bombazz find.

edit on 21-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

A must see! Looks fantastic...I rarely go to the cinema, but I may make an exception for this...depending on the cinema.

I got the box set of the BBC documentary series The Ascent of Man for christmas, i should have made my way through that just in time for the release of this film. Timely

Thanks for posting the trailer

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join