It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Tea Party Makes NO Sense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The Tea Party Movement is supposedly named after the Boston Tea Party of 1773, where colonists destroyed tea by throwing it into the ocean. They did this because they felt they were being unlawfully taxed. So what does this New American Tea Party Movement do? Having personally protested at one of these rallies and supported the idea of taking some form of action against unconstitutional taxation, my question is this- what's the New American Tea?

For anyone out there who claims to be a Tea Party member, what item, law, process, tax, or luxury is this movement throwing overboard? I see a lot of talk and little action, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I have to think that today's tea is debt, with the Federal Reserve being the Britain of 1773. Yet, no action is being taken. I think this is why the Tea Party makes no sense, no impact, and no change, and believe it's a slap in the face to the true Tea Party of 1773. Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Tell that to the politicians thrown out of office and the largest takeover during this last election cycle that the Tea party hasn't done anything or taken any action? I think they'd disagree.

The tea party is a more of a symbol for the tiring American people of big government.. Don't look into it that much.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11
Tell that to the politicians thrown out of office and the largest takeover during this last election cycle that the Tea party hasn't done anything or taken any action? I think they'd disagree.

The tea party is a more of a symbol for the tiring American people of big government.. Don't look into it that much.

How many TEA party backed candidates actually won the seats they were going for? I am thinking that the TEA party is taking credit for all Republicans no matter what? Is that the case?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11PB11

As long as we the people of the United States continue to look right and left, we will never move forward. Until we regulate our own currency we will never be free. It wouldn't matter if ever seat, including the presidency was held by true patriots.

To quote Thomas Jefferson
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

I simply feel like a party is an action, not a feeling, ideology, or political stance. It should be called the Republicans against Democrats group. Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The tea party revolution started in ~'06 with Ron Paul but was hijacked and so most politicians claiming to be tea partiers with the exception of Ron and Rand Paul are not real tea partiers so they don't really care about lowering taxes, and yet liberals can't get enough of hating these fake tea partiers (it would make some sense if they hated Ron Paul but they hate Palin and Beck more). It's all about getting people to hate the controlled opposition.
edit on 20-1-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

So all the "TEA party" people that went to Beck's rally were fakes? How are we supposed to know who is fake and who is not? Ron and Rand do not even agree on everything. Are they the only two that are real? Why do so many people claim to be members of the TEA party and then follow Beck around if that is just a ruse?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Heard. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Ronny and Randy are taking action. However, when Ron Paul talks about our economy inevitably falling apart, martial law being implemented, and how we need to spread the word about the Fed to avoid a complete totalitarian state, I've noticed it makes these tea party members clam up. What's sad is that the tea party movement is primarily retirees who don't want to see a true economic revolution. If the Fed were abolished, things would be in shambles for years. As a young person with the desire to have children, I would be all about this reform, despite it's uncomfortable circumstances. But for the majority of quote "Ron Paul supporters", they would rather go to the ballot box and hope politicians will somehow salvage an unsustainable equation known as the American economy.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

So all the "TEA party" people that went to Beck's rally were fakes? How are we supposed to know who is fake and who is not? Ron and Rand do not even agree on everything. Are they the only two that are real? Why do so many people claim to be members of the TEA party and then follow Beck around if that is just a ruse?

Glenn's content with 9/12. I don't want 9/12, I want 9/10. I used to support Beck, but after a good amount of research (and him calling me a lunatic for questioning our governments involvement on 9/11), I do not.

I believe many people who follow Glenn Beck and claim to be tea party members have nothing but good intentions. I just think that many of them are ignorant to how deep the rabbit hole goes regarding private banks. Not to say I'm a know it all, I just believe that political process and an attempt to return to the Constitution is impossible without getting to the root of our problem. Money

new topics

top topics

join