It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebs who sold their soul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew
I've always found the notion of 'selling your soul' a interesting concept. Let me say first off that I do believe in a form of heaven and hell. And I also believe that 'selling your soul' is a reality. However, I'm not 100% certain that it involves signing a contract for specific goods and/or services. I think it's more probable that the term is refering to the act of perpetrating crimes(morally of physically) against humanity for the sole reason of self accomplishment and/or accumulation of vanity. In the end though, the outcome is the same...

Perfect. I couldn't put it in better words.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I have been researching this topic for a little while now. Thanks for posting new stuff. One thing I would like to point out is that it is the narrator who claims that these celebrities are being possessed by the devil, demons, negative forces. The quoted celebrities never themselves say that they are being possessed by the devil or demons until they are about to die. They all talk about getting in contact with spirits and some say more specifically deceased family members and even Metatron. There is nothing evil about getting in touch with deceased ancestors and in some cultures this is a much respected practice. And Metatron I have read to be an angel from the Bible, Enoch became Metatron after death, and of course Meatatron's cube.
I will admit that the video's stated that Dr. Jekyll and Dr. Hyde possessed Marylin Monroe and another equally famous star.
I honestly believe that esoteric teachings are not "satanism" neither is the "occult" unless believed to be so by ignorant people who do not fully understand what they are doing. I also can not find anything on this subject that hasn't been authored by some Christian priest. Everything I run into was written by some religious church goer. That isn't good enough for me as they are giving into religious dogma's, don't understand the History or Symbology of such matters. Can you suggest anything. Something authored by a new ager would be refreshing even lol.
I haven't yet come to the conclusion that this "occult in Hollywood biz" is evil in it's entirety. Yes there is some demented force in high places but all are member? Usually people who understand esoteric teachings, like some stars show, wouldn't give into this type of ritual belief because people who believe in esoteric teachings know there is nothing to worship but the god/spirit/consciousness/whatever of the self. Esoteric believers wouldn't give into cult/religious type thinking.
What would you say if I thought that whatever manipulitive, evil force out there in Hollywood turned esoteric teachings into the "occult" that all these blogs talk about on this subject?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I play guitar and completely understand what artists say when their inspiration comes from nowhere. Its like something takes over you, you just 'feel' the moment and create something brilliant. Yet I am not rich, nor famous, or even in a band. Guess I got a raw deal?

Or perhaps its just the fact that when you love something it makes you feel completely disconnected from the world, as though your on a higher level.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Sort of carrying on from my earlier post

Besides the whole fact of it being just sheer luck, you also have to decide whether satan actually exists. I don't believe in satan therefore I personally couldn't sell my soul to him (also because I don't believe in the idea of having a soul to sell)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I do believe that all these artists find the creative force inside their subconsciousness. All they do is to access this subconscious force. In other words, this is the way they explain what is going on in their minds. They do believe that they made a pact with some spirits, or that are being possessed by a spirit during their performance, but in reality it is their subconsciousness, that part of the brain which we don't control.
If a magician is performing a ritual and invoking a daemon do you think you will be able to see the daemon? Or is it only the magician which is seeing it? And is the daemon seen by the magician real or a product of his imagination? That is the question! I do believe all of this is a just a matter of accessing the subconsciousness.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by Beyond Creation

Are you for real? Anytime someone disagrees with you you declare "THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER COMMENT"- ego much?

I have used the 'no comment' response to only two posts. The first was to yours..

''OP- whoever made these videos is REALLY reaching- has this person ever heard of METAPHORS? ''

As this was addressed to me, the OP, I responded, however, your comments were with regards to ''whoever made these videos..'' , and so it is with he, not I , whom you are in disagreement. This should explain why although I responded, I declined to comment.

The only other example: A members responded to my comment ''Its surprising how candid, and even proud the soul-less are.'' with ''Aren't we supposed to be proud? '' , my reply was ''The 'proud' reference was concerning the soul-less. I'm not affilated with such a group so no further comment.'' . Given the context of 'we', I felt un-able to speak for such a group.

On both occasions I declined to comment as I feel am not qualified to provide an answer to the question.

I don't know why you have turned this into a personal attack and so I politely request that if you've nothing useful to further contribute to this thread then please move along.

I think this has more to do with your ego than mine.

Peace

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I watched the first video and that was it for me. Just seems like religious types finding any old crap to claim someone incited a demon to possess them or sold their soul for fame.

It's well documented that Hendrix felt most comfortable on stage playing his guitar so obviously he'd turn into a different person when he's performing like a lot of musicians do. Also the fact that Queen had one line in Bohemian Rhapsody seems to be an accusation based on his homosexuality. Even the part on Robin Williams had no real basis for its claims and said that his focus on promoting homosexuality, cross dressing and whatever else it said is reason to believe he sold his soul.

Are you kidding me?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The Eagles, there is no way they wrote the lyrics to hotel california, without selling their sole to the devil to get them!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I believe that we are all a part of the creator. Even your devil, if it is a real entity. (Yes, I believe that there is evil out there, I just do not believe that there is a devil and a hell.) I believe people believe that their soul and their human host are connected more than they are. I believe the soul does not belong to the human. The soul is along for the ride. The human cannot sell what does not belong to it. These people are famous because people like them. If you get on stage and scream about your shoes and you have a large enough fan-base because people like the way you scream about your shoes then you too will be famous.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Sounds to me like OP is a little jealous ...

Why is power/success distributed unevenly? It's called life - think about it, nothing in life is distributed equally. All the good happen's in "clumps" and it is the same with bad things too. You know the cliche saying, it happens in threes.

Selling their soul, try selling out - of your principles and deeply held beliefs, then you turn cut-throat.
But they say, to be successful in business , you need some of that mentality.

These people arent unhappy because of the devil, they are unhappy because their actions are not aligned with their true self. Period.

Get all the women, yet don't deserve it? This is where I see OP's jealousy the most. It's called confidence and once you are 'riding high' it is a lot easier to ride that wave. And most of the women these successful people 'get' are non-substantitive gold digging types -who wants those kind of women anyway?

I live the struggle, I had good amount of success in my late teens and early 20's. Then I lost it ALL - the money AND quite possibly the love of my life (we were together for 10 years) because I was a foolish risk taker that took everything for granted. But I have mostly learned from this behavior, so it was a good experience AND what had to happen for my personal growth.

Now, for the past three plus years I have been attempting to make afull time income via online business and it has been one of the toughest things I have ever done in my life. I am getting closer every day though. If I choose to 'sell out' (not my soul) then Id probably be there already. But I want to help people by doing 'the right thing' not just take their money and sell them crap. the more I try to help people, the easier it gets. Being virtous is a struggle, life is a process, success is a journey, not an event.

If it's not difficult, it probaly isnt worth it!

Peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
did their millions of fans also sell their souls? or are they the devil? after all they are the main reason fame was obtained.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by americatimebomb

Jealous? Gosh no. If anything it makes me sad.

What I do for a living gets me a lot of female attention, but I choose not to exploit it. There are far more important things for me to address.

Perhaps I should have written 'Get all the girls despite their dishonerable intent'.

Good luck with your business.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cib2010
did their millions of fans also sell their souls? or are they the devil? after all they are the main reason fame was obtained.

I'll have to disagree with your logic. A considerable fan-base may sustain and encourage success but I fail to see how it can be the ''main reason fame was obtained'' . Before one is successful and famous, how can they warrant such a following?

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
Sort of carrying on from my earlier post

Besides the whole fact of it being just sheer luck, you also have to decide whether satan actually exists. I don't believe in satan therefore I personally couldn't sell my soul to him (also because I don't believe in the idea of having a soul to sell)

In retrospect, I could have saved myself and other's time from being misspent, if I had first pointed out that in order for one to give the concept of 'selling ones soul' any merit, a prerequisite is that one must give credence to the soul and acknowledgement of the existence of the devil (darkness).

To understand or acknowledge the devil (or darkness), does not necessarily mean that one offers he/it empowerment. The more one understands darkness, the more empowered one becomes.

Know thy enemy.

Peace

edit on 23-1-2011 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
"Sold myself to the devil". To me it means that one has compromised some of their principles in order to advance their own fame, wealth and such.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
"Sold myself to the devil". To me it means that one has compromised some of their principles in order to advance their own fame, wealth and such.

This appears to be the general interpretation.

Thank you for being respectfully civil.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
interesting thread...will take a look at all the vids...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

one does not become famous without fame, without a fan base there is no "bottom of the pyramid" if you will, to elevate a person to the top. no supporters no fame.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I am calling BS on this. For instance they give one snippet of lyric from ONE SONG to say that Queen worships the devil. BS The Bible talks about lucifer constantly. Does that mean Christians worship the devil? And the part about Hendrix. The woman said he was fanatical. DARNED RIGHT!! He was fanatical about GUITAR and he had one around and played it constantly. Hendrix worked HARD for what he achieved. He did not get his fame because he sold his soul to the devil at the crossroads at midnight.

Small minded lazy people are often jealous of the things that are achieved by those who are willing to WORK for them.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Isn't it possible that perhaps the general population has been so dumbed down that they happily consume all the mindless, talentless 'entertainment', thus allowing the industry to continue operating in this horrid state? I don't believe in Satan, but I agree that most celebs of today seem completely soulless. They seem more like robots than the regular human beings that we encounter day to day.

It's quite depressing, imo.
edit on 23-1-2011 by HarmonicNights because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join