It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heres a thought - Everything about planes is toxic - Contrails and Chemtrails - Do you like poison?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
An interesting thought - Maybe the only conspiracy about the poison in the air is normal exhaust.

Or is that not wild enough for some?

Source

plane emissions kill about ten thousand people each year, researchers say.

Earlier studies had assumed that people were harmed only by the emissions from planes while taking off and landing. The new research is the first to give a comprehensive estimate of the number of premature deaths from all airline emissions.

"We found that unregulated emissions from [planes flying] above 3,000 feet [914 meters] were responsible for most of the deaths," said study leader Steven Barrett, an aeronautical engineer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
They're not exhaust fumes, those engines are releasing masons to kill us all as we sleep. Conspiracy!

In all seriousness though, I'm surprised nothing has been mentioned before from what I know when we were all told from an early age how damaging car fumes can be on us and the environment.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I've been saying this all along in various posts that Jet exhaust is by default a chemtrail. I haven't seen the PDF yet for this study, but you can be sure that there is much more in emissions. Jet fuel has a lot of additives which could be chemically altered by the heat from the engine, including barium salts, and heavy and toxic metals scavenged from the engines as well. The barium in Stadis 450, a anti static additive is stable until burnt in high temperatures like a Jet engine, it could then become unstable and very toxic and very soluble in water. I'll link to your thread from another that is current, Good find.

Here's the PDF file,

pubs.acs.org...

edit on 20-1-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
An interesting thought - Maybe the only conspiracy about the poison in the air is normal exhaust.

Source

Earlier studies had assumed that people were harmed only by the emissions from planes while taking off and landing. The new research is the first to give a comprehensive estimate of the number of premature deaths from all airline emissions.

"We found that unregulated emissions from [planes flying] above 3,000 feet [914 meters] were responsible for most of the deaths," said study leader Steven Barrett, an aeronautical engineer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge.

It's certainly a lot more than anything before, that wasn't all that much. I had a quick look at the PDF and it deals with the most common aspects of Jet emissions, black carbon, organic carbon, sulphates and so on and finds them toxic in the human body. It doesn't deal with whatever chemistry is going on in the engines in regard to additives in Jet fuel.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Jet fuel and exhaust or whatever rots glass on buildings with atriums that are in the flight paths of air force bases in a matter of mere years. I'm sure it's not healthy for living things. This is sort of a no-brainer.
edit on 1/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

It's "wild" all right....as I posted in another thread:

IN every "chemtrail" thread, this comes up. Over and over again.

There are pollutants in the jet exhaust. Not "news"! AS TO the MIT study, finding it dubious at best....how did they say they isolated those "deaths" as to being causal from just the jet engine exhaust??

Were those folks isolated, and ONLY breathing that exhaust, and no where near....cars, factories, motor scooters, gas powered lawnmowers, railroad diesel engines, semi tractor-trailer big rigs, light piston airplanes, campfires, coal burning power plants.....hair spray, spray paint cans, pressurized whipped cream cans.....I'm running out of examples, but the list can be very long........oh, and cigarette/cigar smoke too......

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

*cough, cough* double, double -- deleted, deleted....
edit on 20 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Source

Just a note to the OP . Where are you going to for Your hols this year ? Plus if for some reason you had to desperately visit an overseas destination in a hurry , would you defer from taking the quickest means of transportation and then hope you get to your destination , before it's too late ?

Just a thought . You can be as honest with your answer as you like , but I already know your TRUE answer

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is an over-extended evaluation of the contribution of air pollution to deaths, generally.

Watching TV, or refrigeration, or air conditioning, or lighting kill tens of thousands over time because of the coal-fired and natural-gas fired power generation.

The same article notes:

Airplane pollution deaths still represent a small share of the toll from all kinds of air pollution.

Emissions from ships, for instance, kill an estimated 60,000 people a year, according to a 2007 study also published in Environmental Science & Technology.

And the annual total death toll from air pollution is about a million, according to the United Nations Environment Programme.

By comparison, the death from auto polution are astronomical.

Much ado about nothing!

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey

Source

Just a note to the OP . Where are you going to for Your hols this year ? Plus if for some reason you had to desperately visit an overseas destination in a hurry , would you defer from taking the quickest means of transportation and then hope you get to your destination , before it's too late ?

Just a thought . You can be as honest with your answer as you like , but I already know your TRUE answer

I think you missed the purpose behind my post.

It was not to say that all airplanes are bad, but to state that the chem trails obsession could be based on more realistic terms such as normal exhaust from the turbines as apposed to some secretive deadly plot to destroy mankind.

Obviously the exhaust is harmful, I can smell it every time I get on a plane and it nauseates me if fresh air doesnt come soon enough.

Im not against travel - I merely support cleaner methods of getting there if possible.

new topics

top topics

join