It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIT Creates Quantum Teleportation Device

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't know how credible this source is and I also can't seem to figure out when it was originally posted but it doesn't seem that recent.

That being said I haven't been able to find any more information (although I have not had much time, I need to be off to work.) and I was hoping if I posted this when I get home later something will have come of it.

www.dgl.com...

The article states

The Department of Defense announced Monday that research scientists at the Massachusetts Institution of Technology have successfully tested the first quantum teleportation device. Two white mice, weighing between 87 and 90 grams each, received clear bills of health after they were simultaneously converted to photons of light and then transported 13.7 meters through a hydrogen gas tube. They were interstitially reconstituted within 10 seconds and exhibited physical movement 17 seconds later.

I came across this trying to find an article about quantum entanglement, seems like it would have amazing implications. If anyone can provide any more information it would be greatly appreciated! The date of copyright at the bottom of the page says 2002, this could be old news but i hadn't ever heard about this.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
hmm something does not smell right here ..... i don't think they are that far advanced to actually be able to transfer matter that way and reprocess it back in the recieving end. i call shinanagons

web.mit.edu...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Wow if this is true, do you understand what this means? ill do some looking S&F

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It was an April Fools joke from 2002. Look at the html page name: it020401.html = April 1, 2002.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
MIT scientists have created teleportation technology? Well, I don't see how this could possibly go wrong.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a281eff58707.jpg[/atsimg]
I knew this thread reminded me of something.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I emailed the webpage author about it, then saw the post about it being an April fool's joke. Was asking myself why the heck the world wasn't aware of this experiment already.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Not buying it, they have been able to "teleport" light, they could theoretically transport matter in the same manner but would need to be able to reorganize the matter 100% with no room for error.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This thread stats that MIT is indeed researching Quantum Computation & Communication so perhaps it is true.

www.rle.mit.edu...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i just think its disgusting that the only thought they had when succeeding is, "wow! this could really do wonders for war on the battlefield", its a shame.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenAlpha
This thread stats that MIT is indeed researching Quantum Computation & Communication so perhaps it is true.

www.rle.mit.edu...

Yeah, MIT has been researching this stuff for a while, but they haven't been able to teleport large objects yet. So far, they've been able to do photons, and I believe they were able to do a few other subatomic particles. Living things are way off.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Your right its not on the official page, I call Hoax.
====================================
Seemingly this story came around before 2009 Yet is not officially reported anywhere other than on this site, As far as i know Experiments in teleportation are going well but in my understanding they havent managed to transport anything more than atoms at the moment

news.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 20/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
MIT scientists have created teleportation technology? Well, I don't see how this could possibly go wrong.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a281eff58707.jpg[/atsimg]
I knew this thread reminded me of something.

LMAO! Lets get our gravity guns ready!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
AWESOME...9 year old April fools joke strikes again
HAHA

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoHazard
It was an April Fools joke from 2002. Look at the html page name: it020401.html = April 1, 2002.

Oops, well that definitely makes more sense, I didn't think they were even close to being this advanced.

Ok everyone my fault, like i said, not alot of time to research. The article just seemed strange and i was right in thinking posting here would give a quick answer to if it was legitimate. Thanks!

(I'll make sure to find something interesting, and real, to post when I get home!)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NWtoHide

Nice, someone discovers some great technology and the first thing they want to use it for is battle. Go figure. Great post, very cool info.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think that they already have this technology. Maybe not that advanced for living cells, but stationary items yes. Several years ago I heard on the local radio station news that scientist telepoted something acrosss the room. I do not have any evidence but I know what I heard. The funny thing is, I only heard it once. My college professor also believes that the military has this technology. He is ex military and believes this firmly. Everybody will call hoax, but I think witth trillions of dollars to waste on anything, you can do some pretty amazing stuff with that kind of money.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i found this and i'm from CT

First REAL Time Travel Machine Being Built at UConn?
www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com...

tried to embed video but couldn't

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Several years ago I did read from a reliable source and it was very public that in a lab some institution was able to transport a single (molecule, atom, or something like that)......... They were able to do it and it was widely reported on. This may be a joke but they really have done stuff to actually transport, but it was on a molecular level from what I remember. It also we around early 2000's, and it wasnt with mice.Teleportation

This may be similar to what I was thinking.
edit on 20-1-2011 by 11PB11 because: added link

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
No way that this is real, we are still way too far behind in our methods of surgery and health to be able to take apart a being and put it back together.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalmetal
No way that this is real, we are still way too far behind in our methods of surgery and health to be able to take apart a being and put it back together.

The last time I checked, big pharma wants you to be sick so you can pay for treatments not a cure. This is a pretty weak argument against teleportation.

<<   2 >>

join