It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travel to Mars in Three Hours.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
reply to post by RUSSO

I don't think radiation is a problem. The theory states that the ship (and everything in it) would be converted to an 'alternate' (hyper-dimensional) form of matter - which has NO MASS. No mass means no inertia forces to contend with. And normal radiation can not affect matter with no mass.

That's not what the paper says. I don't have a physics background or anything, but the publication mentions an acceleration and deceleration phase, leading me to believe inertia is not negated.

www.hpcc-space.de...

"An acceleration phase of 34 days at 1g would result in a final velocity of one percent the speed of light, 0.01c"

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
reply to post by backinblack

If you hop into a stargate to Mars... there had better be a stargate on Mars to come out of.

lol, good point but then whats the normal travel time?
Three months, to get a gate there.

But still, this new theory sounds off with no set target at the other end you'd find it hard to work out where to stop..

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It will be awesome if real, but I have my doubts.

First let me say very nice find.
In theory everything is possible, but in practice will be difficult even not impossible based on the time-line of 5 years for an fully operational engine. But i would like to see that happening to be honest.

reply to post by RandalFlagg

not sure if the Z machine is capable of what this article is talking about!

Well, i think it´s possible. In the article from the OP it says:

The interesting part is that the Department of Energy has a device -- the Z-machine -- that could produce the kind of ultra-powerful magnetic field we’d need to see if the idea might work. If it does, researchers could be testing a working engine in five years.

And on the wikipedia link, about the Z-machine.

The Z machine fires a very powerful electrical discharge (several tens of millions of amperes for less than 100 nanoseconds) into an array of thin, parallel tungsten wires called a liner (pictured here). The high electrical current vaporizes the wires, which are transformed into a cylindrical plasma curtain. Simultaneously, the current density induces a powerful magnetic field and their combination creates Lorentz forces which radially compress the plasma into a z-pinch process. The imploding plasma produces a high temperature and an X-ray pulse which can create a shock wave in a target structure. The target structure is placed in a cavity inside the wires called a hohlraum. The powerful fluctuation in the magnetic field (an "electromagnetic pulse") also generates electric current in all of the metallic objects in the room (see picture at upper right). The vertical cylinder's axis is conventionally termed the z-axis, hence the name "Z machine".

Peace
edit on 20-1-2011 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

My understanding of the application of the Extended Heim Theory is that it is a transitional effect. During the transition phase, a ship velocity is developed or reduced.

Like this:
1) activate the intense magnetic field, which transforms 'most' normal ship matter into hyper-dimensional matter without mass.
2) use 'remaining' normal matter propellant to propel the 'low-mass' ship to a high speed (.01 light speed).
3) then activate the magnetic field to full strength to make the entire ship mass-less. this step multiplies the effective ship speed to light speed + the initial velocity.
4) reverse the process to slow ship for arrival and landing.

If the ship propulsion phase was not included in step 2, then the ship would not go anywhere. It might just disappear, and then reappear where it started.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Teleportation is quicker and it's already being used. Since the 80's I believe.

There's already industrial sites on the red planet... Which is also being terraformed.

Use a search engine.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Teleportation is quicker and it's already being used. Since the 80's I believe.

There's already industrial sites on the red planet... Which is also being terraformed.

Use a search engine.

What makes you believe this

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

Bold claims you have there.

How about up-holding what this site is all about and sharing the information and any evidence you may have. 'Use a search engine' just doesn't cut it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayura

[citation needed]

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Did anybody notice in the comments below the article, one in particular by Frank Znidarsic?

frank frank Visit me on... Twitter I will be presenting a paper on gravitomagnetic propulsion on March 16 in Washington DC at: www.ias-spes.org... I believe that gravitomagnetic is the way to explore the universe. An overview of this work is below. www.wbabin.net... Frank Znidarsic Friday, January 07, 2011, 18:31:20 – Flag – Reply

Here is a link to his paper : LINK

I got lost in the tech jargon but his conclusions are really interesting.

NEW TECHNOLOGIES This analysis suggests that a macroscopic body may be forced into a state of quantum transition. Trillions of atoms may be adjoined within a single transitional state through a process involving the external vibration of a Bose condensate. Strong gravitational and long range nuclear forces may be induced. The use of these strong, long range forces could provide new sources of propulsion, allow for the reduction of nuclear waste, and lead to the development of new sources of energy. CONCLUSION The field of quantum physics was revolves around the stationary quantum state. New observables have emerged from experiments involving low energy nuclear reactions. This author, with the use of these observables, has developed results as a condition of the transitional quantum state. These results provide a causative classical explanation for the quantum condition and may lead to the development of revolutionary new technologies.

I'd be grateful if there's any scientific minds on here that could decipher this paper into layman terms. Is this guy on to something?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What do you think this is? DishTV and The Discovery channel?

Doing your own research is always good.

GOOGLED: MARS TELEPORTATION
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a
Take your pick.

GOOGLED: MARS INDUSTRIAL SITE
www.google.com...
Geeze...

These aren't my only references, just quick examples. I'll let you take it from here...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Fifaboy

No it'll be a Delorean...

and when that baby hits 88...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

The usual method of easily exceeding the speed of light is by modifying the relative density of the vessel (and thus it's occupants) which travels. Whether one wants to use the word "dimension" when describing this may or may not be accurate. This is exactly how it has always been done. It is why the UFO things we see seem to suddenly be there and not be there and it is why they sometimes are visible to radar and sometimes not. They've learned to "change" their forms in order to "travel other pathways". Those who are more adept at this can zip across the galaxy in just a few moments. It is not about wormholes or warping space. And, it is nothing to do with Star Trek transporters which themselves cannot transmit at velocities above the speed of light. In fact most often those waves propagate at somewhat less than that "limit".

The math which would describe this would speak of maintaining a effective mass more or less equal to that of the subject at rest. Consider that if the mass of an accelerating object can be artificially prevented from increasing as speed through space increases then the limiting speed of light no longer applies. More has to be learned about the byproducts of matter, gravity and it's cousin magnetism. In particular those two are much more dynamic than known. They occur naturally in broad bands of "frequencies". There. That's a pointer in the right direction.

How do I know all this? Well I was out late last night and when I returned some guy named Klatu had written me a note on my chalk board. OK this last part is a joke but the rest of what I've posted is the truth. There is nothing mysterious about it. The reason we don't know how to do it yet is because we are still too warlike. Human beings have a nasty habit of turning new things to military applications. When we outgrow that inclination we'll be ready to soar with the big boys.
edit on 21-1-2011 by trailertrash because: typo

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Good find, friend!

S&F.

Even if I think that they already have that kind of technology...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hello my friend, good to see you here.

Yeh, I have the same opinion. It's a shame we have to "swallow" these scraps of information. But you know sometimes it's better to pretend not to know than to have to endure the crows on duty here.

This is for you:

Vancouver Event offers UFO videos, Star Gate secrets, Intelligent Civilizations.

Vancouver is hosting a unique conference featuring three distinguished international experts in the fields of Exopolitics, Remote Viewing, Voice Analysis and UFO imaging this February. Intelligent life - Beyond the 4th Dimension will offer lectures and workshops from Exopolitics founder Alfred Lambremont Webre, Monroe Institute Remove Viewing trainer Paul Elder and Canadian Speech Analyst and Paranormal Imaging expert, Jon Kelly. Although these cutting-edge topics may represent challenging new frontiers where few conservative Vancouver audiences have gone before, the panel of experts will not disappoint with their long and distinguished records in academic research, public service and international media production.

Link

edit on 21-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
the Z-machine
amazing.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I guess they havent seen Event Horizon..didnt work out too well for them..

Oh well..

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

david hamel was already working with this technology he has built a couple ufos using the force of magnetism check out the site.

www.davidhamel.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
What do you think this is? DishTV and The Discovery channel?

Doing your own research is always good.

GOOGLED: MARS TELEPORTATION
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a
Take your pick.

GOOGLED: MARS INDUSTRIAL SITE
www.google.com...
Geeze...

These aren't my only references, just quick examples. I'll let you take it from here...

"Do your own research" LOL

Who do you think you are? You don't think that 99.9% of the people on this site haven't heard of these crackpot theories and B# statements about teleportation that are completely unfounded? You think this is anything new to us? Also - how dare you join a conspiracy forum and tell people to do their own research, when the common goal on ATS is to deny ignorance instead of spread it. I think it is pretty humorous that you believe you are the only person to come across this information and that you have to educate the masses. All of the above links have been posted hundreds of times on ATS - and then some.

Your information is old.

Also, sorry for ripping you a new one - but don't come on here and start posting like you are some expert that is being bothered. You are not an expert.

If you have any evidence of teleportation, like a teleporter that you can show us - and give us an example of it working... well, then you can have your attitude... otherwise pack it up.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

If that is really all it takes, well somebody does not want Humans leaving Earth.

This is a second line.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Hyperspace has no proof. You're better off, and it's cheaper, to just use photon based gravity manipulators.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join