It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing a ghost of someone who is alive

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

The issue here is that I suck in writing in an effective manner to get my point across. I understand after rereading what I had written that I was seemingly unclear on some issues.

What I mean is that I asked about events 10 years earlier as I had remembered them to have happened. Once the event took place when I was 15 I asked if she remembered me asking her about the time I was asking about my brother in the house. That's what I meant. In other words I remembered bla bla bla...and so on.

Anyway... i don't blame anyone for disbelieving me in anyway whatsoever because to this date I still can not understand nor fully accept the event as short as it was. It is one of those things that unless it happens to someone it is utterly impossible to believe. Besides there is truly no one in this world who has tried harder to debunk the events than myself I can assure you of that.

Not that anyone needs a reminder that I am just as human and therefor as doubtful as anyone to the event, so when it happened, naturally I tried to reason it out as a simple dream though I new too well how unfortunate I was to be unable to truly express the reality of it beyond my personal experience. So life's a bitch right? lol

Needless to say I'm still a skeptic to the idea of astral projection and what not. To me, bunk is bunk and yet...what can I say about my experience? I'm a victim of my own doubt I guess.

Anyway, like I said in my post I understand if people choose not to believe me, a learned patience that wasn't there when I was younger to be sure.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Unless you are a proponent of redefining what a ghost is, I think I would liken see a living person's ghost to seeing a flying submarine.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I think it's time traveling, but nobody will ever really know.

The interesting thing though, is that I saw on a show of a report where one lady walked in to the bathroom that was empty, her friend was in there with her and one finished up before the other, so her friend waited outside, before the other friend left, an old lady walked out of the bathroom in older styled clothing, looking very confused, the lady inside saw her walk out too, but they were positive that nobody else was there...
Perhaps it is a coincidence, just strange that this took place in a bathroom, as well as that reported experience I saw on television....
Perhaps there are portals in the toilets!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Interesting case Paulos! I suggest that you casually tell the new worker about the thing and that you had to tell him because it was so puzzling to you and watch his reaction. If someone saw me somewhere where I haven't been, I would be shocked/amazed/puzzled/interested etc. Of course one of my friends saw me sitting on his carpet one night but that's completely another story

I have been amazingly interested in things that are considered paranormal since very early childhood. I experienced lot of oobes and bizarre dreams and nightmares when I was a child. Only recently I realized they were actual oobes when one of my friends told me some of the qualities in lucid dreams where you "wake up" in your room. I think these kind of things also injected me with artistic and musical drive and huge interest for nature and the universe. It's beautiful.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

me too, i actually saw my image in my boyfriends cellphone .. i cant explain it but it's very weird!
Were totally scared when we both seen it .. and then it's gone. i don't know what it means but i am afraid.. we are awake at that time

edit on 24-1-2011 by jewelita because: missing letter

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
My sister, years ago had something like this happen.

Years ago, she saw my grandpa's "ghost" walking into my grandmas room.
He passed on not to long afterwards.

My grandpa was always in a wheelchair, and unable to walk for the last few years of his life. So her seeing him walk into the room is kinda odd.

Could be that you've seen death.

edit on 24-1-2011 by Oozii because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

This is not the first time I have heard of this happening.

One night at my friend Paul's house, me and a small group of people were messing around with a Ouija board. This was years and years ago...anyways, nothing happened the night we did it, but the next day, Paul called me freaked out and said he saw shadow people in his house. I told him he was just tired from the night before, and to get some rest.

A couple days later, his parents were over at his house to feed his dogs while he was out of town on business. His mom called him extremely freaked out. She said, " We were in your house feeding the dogs and when we turned to leave, we saw you standing in the doorway of your front door. You had this weird look on your face like you didnt recognize us, we thought you just came home early, and were tired from your trip. We saw you walk into your bedroom without saying a word, and when we went up there to say we were leaving there was no one there! We ran outside and saw your car wasnt there! Were you just effing with us?!"

He was in Spain. A long ways from Los Angeles.

When I heard, I honestly thought it had to be something else that had taken on the appearance of Paul. But who knows, it could have been his "recorded actions" from some other time and somehow was overlayed with the current time.....Honestly, I could stay up all night contemplating this notion.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

I've read it is possible to see a spectre of people who are having an OBE, or out-of-body experience. Possible explanation?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I've been doing a lot of research into what "ghosts" are, and without getting too deep into the weeds here, they're physically based on a very dense form of information that is the direct result of the human brain's activity when it reacts and initiates within the confines of the corporeal realm. After all, when something happens, what emerges is the informational fact that it happened. Regardless of what it is that happened. And each fact is a specific configuration of extremely accurate units of information that fully represent the event that happened, since that's what information does, and that's all that information does. (we won't get into the ramifications of each fact of information on what can and can't happen as an event once enough information gathers within any contextual environment, but to say it's significant is an understatement)

Information is permanent, and even if the information is dynamic and aware, it's still permanent. It also - like everything else that has existential identity - will gather together (mass) with the rest of its "kind" as a raw survival response (Identity/Association). In the case of this dense, aware information, the fundamental aspect that makes it all part of the same team (so to speak) is common authorship. That means that it masses with any information that the same human brain is responsible for bringing into existence under the holon principle of Identity-Association survival response. As a gathered whole, it is what we call the human spirit, and it exists even as it is collecting in immediate reaction to what the human brain is doing from moment to moment. I call it the Gestational Intellect Mass, and we each are actively developing our own as we live our lives. When we die, it is freed and this is who we'll be, going forward from that point on.

In fact, as we experience awareness (right now) we are actually experiencing each burst of that awareness being brought into active existence as the dynamic and environment affecting information that it is. Of course, our brains are registering these as fully vetted and processed moments of awareness in our short term memory to facilitate proper consistency of self-identity, but the awareness itself is real, and it's permanent as unit bursts of full consciousness. In short, what you know yourself to be is what you are when this life is finished. the only difference will be a more holistic point of perception reference, and that'll probably take some getting used to.

That means that your "spirit" exists right now and is developing as you read this sentence. As your brain is doing what it does and information is representing each "event" of your brain thinking, reacting, pondering, dismissing....whatever it's doing.

So, yeah, you can - given the proper circumstances - manifest your "spirit" to another human brain's capacity to perceive it. This involves a fairly complicated confluence of factors that actually depends more on the perceiver's own "spirit" and its ability to establish a feedback loop with its own authoring brain's sensory circuitry, but I think you get the picture. It's not unnatural or paranormal, but then none of it really is. It's just the kind of natural slop in the system that clues us in on the true nature of the system itself from time to time. We can misinterpret it as magic or mystical, or we can study it and learn from it. Eventually, humans will know what they are in a more profound and accurate sense, but we've made pretty big strides to that end considering where we were only 1,000 years ago.
edit on 2/1/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulos

I haven't read through yet, but I wanted to mention that my 3 year old is constantly scaring my wife, because he says he can see her ghost. He never sees my ghost, or my other son's ghost, just my wife. He tells her to "stop being a scary ghost momma, just be a momma." It is a little sad, a little funny, and very scary to her, because she keeps thinking maybe she is dying or something!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It is probably you just seeing stuff, like when you drink alot and you get hallucination's mainly of people you know or have just seen or talked to ( or the last person you talked to). It can also happen when you think you have seen a ghost when you wake up in the night, it is probably visions from the latest dream you had.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Your sister could have a six senses! Was/is she a fortune teller? It could of been a coincidence that she saw ' the spirit' a couple of weeks before the death, it could also of been a dream, there are loads of explanations to this weird activity. Also, did your Grandad just hover or walk in? if so he could have been saying good bye before he left.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Eyes4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyes4Life

time travell WHAT IS TIME? We can measure it and slice it up into millennia or nanoseconds, and we can sense our experience through it. The Encarta encyclopedia can define it as a “conscious experience of duration, the period during which an action or event occurs...” and we can even abstractly label it the fourth dimension. But all that really doesn’t bring us any closer to a true understanding of what time is... or how it works.
What we do have are some very peculiar stories of rare instances in which time doesn’t seem to flow in the way we normally experience it. People report gaps in time, jumps through time, missing time, and perhaps even glimpses into past or future events.well we wont know the future, this could be the seeing of some ones spirit

edit on 1-2-2011 by Eyes4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I've seen the same person twice when they weren't physically there.

When I was 15 I lived on a base in Cyprus. I was standing at the window waiting for my friend to come by as he always did so we could walk the short way to school, and like usual, there he was. The window looked directly onto the main path in front of the house, and the door was two feet to my right. In the split second of me seeing him (bathed in golden sunlight and talking to a young boy I'd never seen before) and exiting the house, he was gone. I looked both ways, and for him to have gone either direction in that space of time is impossible.
So I went to school, a little confused, and he wasn't there. I went by his house after school was over, and his mother told me he had been in bed with food poisoning all day, and hadn't even left the house. I never told him about this because he reacted to anything remotely scary like a big girls blouse, and he would never have came round again after that.

The second time I saw him was five years later, and we hadn't been in any form of contact for four of those years. I was in Scotland, at work in a supermarket stacking the shelves, and it was very early, about 8am, store opening time. I looked up towards the end of my usual aisle, and there he was in a green shirt looking exactly like my friend, but staring off into space. I looked and looked, it was him. As I got up to move closer, he walked away, and I couldn't see him in the other aisle he had just walked down. He would have had no reason whatsoever to have been in my neck of the woods as his entire family live at the opposite end of the country to this day, and there isn't anything here for visitors.

Why him? Why twice? We were never that close, just simple friends.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
A few years ago I was visiting my girlfriend at her parents' house. She was outside smoking a cigarette, and I was alone in the living room on the computer. She walked by me toward her bedroom - I looked up as she walked by (it was sort of an open hallway, so from the living room I could see her go all the way from the kitchen to the bedroom-side of the house. I closed up my computer and followed her - assuming she was going either into her bedroom or the one I was staying in. But there was nobody on that side of the house. After a cursory search, I went back toward where she had been smoking, and she walked in the back door with her dog just as I got to the door. There was no door on the side of the house I'd seen her walk into, and when I mentioned what happened, she said she'd been outside smoking.

I didn't examine her that closely when she walked by, but she was wearing the same type of clothes, was the same height and build, had the same *feeling* about her, and walked the way she walks. We talked about whether it could have been a ghost, and the house is relatively new - built in the desert of Nevada. It wasn't an old home-site, with the possible exception of Native Americans. But this person was dressed like her in modern clothing, walked like her, resembled her, felt like her.

I've seen what I perceived to be the ghost of my cat twice. The first time, I was just waking up, and the cat had been waiting for me to wake up. I opened my eyes, and the cat saw I was awake and jumped into my bed. But I never felt the cat's weight touch the bed. That was a week after he died. Months later, I was vacuuming and preparing to move out of my apartment, and I saw him run past the door. The first time I saw him, he seemed very real, and the second time, I could tell he wasn't physically there - that he was a ghost (or a figment of my imagination). My understanding is that you can't exactly trust that what you saw was a ghost if you see him/her/it just upon waking, because you are still possibly in a dream state.

But, in the case of my girlfriend, I wasn't in a dream state. I wasn't tired. I looked up and saw her walk by me. I got up and followed her, believing she was there. And she wasn't.

I love the theories here. I don't think she's a wizard.
I don't think she was time-traveling. If she was astral-projecting, it was unintentional and while smoking a cigarette. It could be my mind. It could be maybe the manifestation of her energy - traveling down a well-traveled path from cigarette out back to room-across-house. Anyway, the reason she wanted me to look into it was because she was worried maybe her soul - or part of her soul wasn't in her body.She was curious if this could be true.

Nothing really shocks me about these types of experiences. My family on both sides tend to have unusual experiences of one kind or another, and I just think they are interesting. But, because she asked, and because she struggles a bit with life, the idea that her soul was somehow split or out of her body seemed worth asking about. We were very happy at the time - nothing traumatic was going on. It was a calm night, and nothing terrible has happened to her since.

I find the "mommy's ghost" story interesting. This instance hasn't repeated itself with her or anybody else. At the time I was meditating more than usual, but I was awake and aware at the time it happened.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

This entire thread is wonderful, I too first of all had a experience today where I was on one side of town seen a Muslim lady walk through a parking lot get in my car drive 4 miles down the road, and she is standing on the opposite side of the road - no way she could have beat me there - no taxi could have dropped her off that quick especially on the opposite side of a double lane highway.

then I read about thinking you have died and wonder if your really living or just playing out a role in order for completion.. I thought I was having mental issues.

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I got 19 more replies to go before I can make my own post, and your story is interesting for sure. I suppose id be asking myself if i was having a flashback too i know how yall londoners like your drugs. but just assume for a sec that it was real it wasent imagined or hallucinated. well my friend if thats true then you have just encountered a very powerful ghost I should say that your lucky he didnt acknowledge you back. damn lucky he didnt knotice you. but he does know your coworker. if i had the curiousity i might get to know this coworker indepth, go out socially really get to know him, he may not even know this spirit is mimicing him some people are super close minded to that # while others are open vessles. if you play it right you could link to a high energy spirit and then who knows what.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hi guys, I've yet to see the truth about this topic, so here it is! I read and lived it first hand. My experience. Last May, my live in GF went to bed. I was watching a movie in the living room alone. I was so into the movie that when she passed in front of the TV I didn't bother to even look at her. We hadn't been on speaking terms for days. Anyway, she walked in front BLOCKING my view and into the kitchen. I thought, well she must want to know what this movie is about. About 20 minutes later the movie finished so I got up from the couch and looked toward the kitchen to find NO ONE THERE!!

I didn't believe in ghost but now do. So what does this mean? To see the spirit of a living person mean that that person
is leaving on a journey(not death related from what I read). Anyway a week after this incident she packed up her bags and left without saying anything to me. There you have it!!
So the original post must mean the co-worker was about to get fired or he found another job. LOL
edit on 4-2-2015 by mangotj because: left a word out

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mangotj

I came across this. Which seems to suggest why OOBE's is one of the longest running threads. Seems that consciousness animates the human body and not the other way around. Which provokes the question that if you can see a ghost of a living person, then when you see the ghost of a dead one, are they really dead? www.unexplainedstuff.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 2manyquestions

Actually I had something similar happen to me couple weeks ago. I was on a vacation with family and friends, and one night while sleeping I heard some footsteps, at first I thought that must be our friends (we lived together in a house) and didn't want to open my eyes, then I got curious and opened my eyes to see my mom's friends mom (she was vacationing with us and recently broke her arm but at that time was out of a cast), is standing on a stool and seems to search for something on top of a wardrobe in our room (me and my mother shared a room) and her arm was still in cast, but in my half-asleep state I didn't remember that she was already out of it, so I asked her "What are you searching for? Can I help you?", no answer, then I though maybe she walks in her sleep, so I decided to wake my mom so we can do something about it. I was afraid that she would fall and break her arm again. And all that time, while I was thinking this, she was just standing there unmoving with her hands raised up ( that's why I thought she's searching for something, but later I realized that she just raised her hands). So, I think about waking my mom, and then this thing (ghost, hallucination, demon, whatever) turns and looks at me. I swear her gaze was so creepy, like really frightening. At that moment I understood that what I'm seeing is not real (at the time I thought it's just a sleep induced hallucination, but now after reading all of this I'm starting to doubt that) and I remembered that I really wanted to read Oliver Sacks book "Hallucinations" before that but at that moment it was really not funny, and I really wanted it to go away, and after couple of seconds it was gone, and I remember thinking "All this time I was talking to a wardrobe"...so who knows what it really was...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join