It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can God commit suicide?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

maybe gods already done it. with kids like us, it's enough to drive anyone to suicide. just a thought. stay safe.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CleverNameHere

Originally posted by AllIsOne
Well, the title says it all. God is omnipotent, so I guess she could commit suicide? Is that theologically plausible?

Thank you for your time.

I have negative feedback coming my way. There is something about you I do not like.

You are asking all the wrong questions.

Has God killed Himself?

If you understood the word "feedback" you'd see the irony in your statement. Anyhoo, love you too.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gary13

Who knows? Looks to me that many believers claim that God is actively participating in their lives, so She is seemingly around. But what about Auschwitz, what about Darfur?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Gary13

Who knows? Looks to me that many believers claim that God is actively participating in their lives, so She is seemingly around. But what about Auschwitz, what about Darfur?

If He stepped in to stop the atrocities of man, what would be the point of Judgment Day?

He's a tricky bastard, he is.

If you understood the word "feedback" you'd see the irony in your statement. Anyhoo, love you too.

Usually, you people are quicker to catch the metaphors.

"Negative Feedback: Feedback that reduces the output of a system, such as the action of heat on a thermostat to limit the output of a furnace or the accumulation of toxic waste products by a growing population of bacteria."

Do you see it?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Gary13

If He stepped in to stop the atrocities of man, what would be the point of Judgment Day?

So what is Her baseline? When is it OK to step in and when is it not ... ? Are you saying She never interacts with us? What about prayer and the claims of millions of people that She actively interacts in their lives?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Gary13

So what is Her baseline? When is it OK to step in and when is it not ... ? Are you saying She never interacts with us? What about prayer and the claims of millions of people that She actively interacts in their lives?

I could say that God is the reason that I decided to click on this thread.

Just because someone claims something, even masses, doesn't make it true.

Your mind is a lot more powerful than you understand.

Religion is a spiritual tool, more or less. If you need it, then it is good to have. If you can get by without it, then keep it in the toolbox 'til you do need it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

God is love and God is eternal. The funny thing about these posts is one admits Gods existence, but mostly they aren't in the knowing of what God is. Questioning is not wrong, By asking this questions you show your ignorance about God. I hear your soul screaming for Him. Your such a fool asking these ridiculous questions.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

God is love and God is eternal. The funny thing about these posts is one admits Gods existence, but mostly they aren't in the knowing of what God is. Questioning is not wrong, By asking this questions you show your ignorance about God. I hear your soul screaming for Him. Your such a fool asking these ridiculous questions.

I'm glad you found God. His love and compassion is well represented in your post. Did I upset you?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

That was funny allisone.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

I'm glad you're having a good time ... I think.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a week ago I was upset about your post, now I'm anymore. I'm quite a serious person on these subjects.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Maybe you should ponder WHY my post made you upset ...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

It stirred something up. The devil came laying at my feet.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

According to our religion we are learning and experiencing the difference between good and evil. Not the difference between God and Satan.

Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil "Remember".

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

It stirred something up. The devil came laying at my feet.

Boo ...

When you believe in things
That you don't understand,
Then you suffer,
Superstition ain't the way,
Yeah, yeah

Very superstitious,
Nothin' more to say,
Very superstitious,
The devil's on his way,
Thirteen month old baby,
Broke the lookin' glass,
Seven years of bad luck,
Good things in your past

Song: "Superstition". Music and lyrics by Stevie Wonder

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gary13

maybe gods already done it. with kids like us, it's enough to drive anyone to suicide. just a thought. stay safe.

Interesting thought ... Thanks for your time.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Any god who commits suicide as you have asked, wouldn't be much of a god. They would be a lesser god or a false god. The One True God in Heaven would not commit suicide because there is no need. He is in control of everything. He controls moods, environments, interactions, Cosmic Laws, etc. When God controls the Universal/Cosmic Matrix, there is no need for self destruction. In terms of the Cosmic/Universal Laws set by God, He would not commit suicide because there would be no need to.

On a second continuation of this not being a need for that action, spirits live forever. Suicide is an evil instrument to bring about the demise of a physical shell to release the spirit. God is omnipotent but he is not a human.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RisingPhoenix33

Thank you for your thoughts. It's appreciated!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join