It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold, God, and Governments [WRAP]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
While reading through multiple forums, websites, and the varied opinions of many people, three main subjects continue to come to the forefront of heated discussions almost everywhere. These are the three basic things that I have ascertained is what really amps people: Gold, God, and Governments. Allow me to explain...

Gold

Why gold?

Gold is one of three precious metals, the others being Platinum and to a lesser extent silver. The main reason for their value is that they are rare.

www.theqandatimes.com...

I use the word "Gold" to mean "monetary systems". Being that when any person might read the word "gold" it immediately conjures up several concepts in regards to something of value. Let us explore mankind's obsession with such systems, which have been the cause for the reality which all humans have created for themselves and live in.

en.wikipedia.org...

The history of money spans thousands of years. Many items have been used as commodity money such as naturally scarce precious metals, cowry shells, barley, beads etc., as well as many other things that are thought of as having value. Modern money (and most ancient money) is essentially a token — in other words, an abstraction. Paper currency is perhaps the most common type of physical money today. However, objects of gold or silver present many of money's essential properties.

If you continue to read the history of money, you can see that as time went on, humanity became more and more dependent upon such "tokens" as a means of value, even though these "tokens" could not be used solely to survive upon. As in, you cannot eat gold, or silver, paper, or other tokens made from various metals and live off of just them alone.

At one point in time, you could redeem these tokens for actual gold. Not anymore. You cannot go to a bank, hand them a piece of paper money, and demand that they give you it's face value in real tangible gold. But if you could, would you want to? As it is believed, gold (and other metals, but I'll just stick with gold as an example) is mainly only valuable because it is rare. You cannot eat it, drink it, or live off of gold alone. Or oil? Can you eat, or drink oil to survive? No.

But, to this day, our monetary systems have inspired greed, corruption, wars, killing, violence and many other despicable human qualities and atrocities throughout history. Yet we cannot bring ourselves to break away from these systems...or could we?

I don’t know what the way out may be, but it seems that a first step has to be for everyone to be able to conceive and hold in their minds an image of what it would be to live without money, and to try to find in their own lives how we might be. And I do wonder what it would mean for someone to begin right now to live according to that ethic. I mean, it’s impossible, because we live in a world where Money is God. But in the history of the world, it has been known for a God to Fall. Money could not be abolished without plunging the world into a Pol Pot-style nightmare-world in which the power taken away from money is given to a man. But if people could raise themselves to the kind of humanity which would be needed for us to live without money, then maybe it wouldn’t even matter whether money existed or didn’t. I mean, how could you tell anyway? All money is, is the way people behave, an materialised expression of the existing ethic.

home.mira.net...

Speaking of what amps people...

God

Throughout history, mankind has worshiped some form of god, or another. Whether it is the Christian version or the Greek gods of old, or cave drawings of spirits, some concept of a higher power has always been there. In modern times it seems as though instead of humans trusting in an invisible, all powerful being or beings, we trust in money instead. If an alien has been watching this planet for any length of time, he/she/it might come to this conclusion. That the gods, or God, does not exists, only a superficial belief exists, and mankind actually worships small pieces of paper with numbers written on them.

But I digress, the definition of God is:

–noun 1. the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe. 2. the Supreme Being considered with reference to a particular attribute: the God of Islam. 3. ( lowercase ) one of several deities, esp. a male deity, presiding over some portion of worldly affairs. 4. ( often lowercase ) a supreme being according to some particular conception: the god of mercy. 5. Christian Science . the Supreme Being, understood as Life, Truth, love, Mind, Soul, Spirit, Principle. 6. ( lowercase ) an image of a deity; an idol. 7. ( lowercase ) any deified person or object. 8. ( often lowercase ) Gods, Theater . a. the upper balcony in a theater. b. the spectators in this part of the balcony. –verb (used with object) god·ded, god·ding. ( lowercase ) 9. to regard or treat as a god; deify; idolize. –interjection 10. (used to express disappointment, disbelief, weariness, frustration, annoyance, or the like): God, do we have to listen to this nonsense? Use god in a Sentence See images of god Search god on the Web Origin: bef. 900; ME, OE; c. D god, G Gott, ON goth, Goth guth

dictionary.reference.com...
Religion has sprung from this concept. And with these concepts come the wars of who is right and who is wrong, who's god is "the" god. Wars in the past, and wars in the present are mainly attributable directly to this concept. So many people have died, been persecuted, tortured, and other atrocities because of this concept, it is beyond fathomable.

A religious war is a war caused by, or justified by, religious differences. It can involve one state with an established religion against another state with a different religion or a different sect within the same religion, or a religiously motivated group attempting to spread its faith by violence, or to suppress another group because of its religious beliefs or practices. The Muslim conquests, the French Wars of Religion, the Crusades, and the Reconquista are frequently cited historical examples, especially in History Books.

en.wikipedia.org...

But God is love right?

Right?

I often wonder, when you are a child and have invisible friends, it's perfectly normal, but if you have invisible friends when you are an adult, you are considered "crazy".

Is not god or gods invisible beings?

Whether or not this being or these beings exist is still a matter of great debate.

Religion easily has the best bull# story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money.-George Carlin

Government

In the social sciences, the term government refers to the particular group of people, the administrative bureaucracy, who control a state at a given time, and the manner in which their governing organizations are structured.[1][2] That is, governments are the means through which state power is employed. States are served by a continuous succession of different governments.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

How many of you actually trust your government?

It seems, distrust of government is quite prevalent. Though without law and governing we would live in a perpetual society of chaos.

There are literally hundreds of such conspiracy videos out there, and not all of them deal with the New World Order. Some of them deal with the theme of mistrust, for example, of NASA:

Even mistrust of our leaders is among the many thoughts of humans.

So who can we trust?

If our governments are involved in massive amounts of secrecy, deception, and corruption, why do we still have them? Can we survive without these systems as well?

Without a government in place to help enforce rights, both natural rights and legal rights would be at risk. For example, Darwin put forth a theory called "survival of the fittest" that applies within the animal kingdom. In the animal kingdom, the weaker animals die out because they are either killed by the stronger animals or because they are unable to acquire the resources (food or shelter) necessary to live and procreate. In the human world, however, survival of the fittest doesn't apply because the government steps in to protect the rights of the weak. If there was no government, the strong could take the property and food of the weak. There would be no penalty for theft; in fact, no right to property ownership would exist at all, since that is a legal right created by the government. Those who couldn't stand up and physically defend themselves would thus have no place to live, no food to eat, and would die out. People don't believe this is right, and so they have created a government to prevent this from occurring. The government makes laws, and enforces those laws through socially sanctioned systems such as police and prisons. Even the weak are thus able to survive, reproduce and enjoy their natural and legal rights- because the government makes sure they can.

answers.yourdictionary.com...

Ok. So I most definitely could go on, and on, about these three subjects that have caused an immense amount of people pain, suffering, anguish, anxiety, and a myriad of horrible things throughout history. And it is my personal belief, that yes, we can live without Gold, God, and Government...but we cannot achieve this without one thing, one thing that I think all humanity absolutely cannot exist without. Love.

edit on 20-1-2011 by AutOmatIc because: love

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
And your point is ???

join