It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smithsonian hidden car cache

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Link to Video

A few very cool cars in stash.

Dream job. How can I get a gig like that? I'm pretty good with Armorall.

edit on 19-1-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
No kidding! What a great job. . .that would be a dream come true. The Tucker has always fascinated me. Of the 51 produced, only one is unaccounted for. Allegedly it was found by a police officer in Tennessee by some river. It was supposed to be nearly totaled when he found it. If I remember correctly, he took it to his home, was later injured on the job, and when he got out of the hospital, it was gone.

It's been a while since I looked that story up. . .so I might be mistaken on some of it. While I don't have a Tucker, I do have something fun!

I can not find a single picture of it on my computer. Must have moved it to an old external drive. I'll upload a pic of it soon, hopefully tonight if I can get the car to actually show up.

Also. . . .about a year ago, I got a call from a guy and he told me that he had in his barn a Tucker, and he wanted $1000 for it. After looking up the information about the Tuckers, I decided he must be confusing it with another car, and I never went to look at it. It needed a lot of work, he said, but it was a tucker. Now, only being a state away from TN, I wondered about the one that's missing. I later was ill, and hospitalized, so I never got to call him back and see just what he had. I guess it's best that i don't, because if it was the missing tucker, and I found that out now, I would be soooooo mad, you know?
edit on 19-1-2011 by Divine Strake because: Tucker's Rock!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
great car buff vid, TY much. the Smithsonian is a wonderful thing. long been on my 'bucket list' when i hit the Lottery. would like to spend 3-6 months enjoying the exhibits, enjoy the local lodgings and restaurants.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

I agree, the Tucker was an amazing vehicle. Aside from many "before-it's-time" innovations including rear engine, I seem to recall advanced safety features. Isn't the 3rd center headlight directional turning with steering?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Yeah, the center headlight swivled with the steering. I never got to take some decent pics of my car, but it's a 1946 Desoto Custom 4 door (suicide doors). She's a glowing white, and only has around 8500 miles on her. She's testy, but a definite lady.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
She's testy, but a definite lady.

Love that quote! LOL My little joyrider is same and always teasing me to "go faster." She is a naughty girl and likes to be spanked. She is a blonde named Heidi. (Porsche 911 Carrera) I
just thinking about driving her.

I love all cars, big and slow, young and old, fast and scary. I posted my car and a few from the Amelia Concurs in Florida that I attend every year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards...kk

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Oh I love 911s! There was a guy about 2 months ago that offered me a 944 as even trade for my car. I just laughed at him. 944s are too common, I was actually holding out for a 911! OHhhh I see her! Lucky lucky guy!
edit on 21-1-2011 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

You made a wise choice. I had a 944. (Non Turbo) Not very fast but due to "Cafe Racer" type widebody it handled great with excellent weight distribution.(Front engine/rear transaxle) It cornered as if on rails. Can't wait to see your beauty. Classic American sheet metal, there is nothing like it.

new topics

top topics

join