It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shortage of O.B. Tampons Causes Rush, Boosts Prices Online

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

That is Very Interesting,,, You may very will be right,,, That is some thing we all need to consider

OKAY,,, I'll Be The First Here To Make The Call,,, In-order to lower the prices for our petroleum based products.

OKAY!!!!! Here It Is,,, DRILL BABY DRILL!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

OKAY,,,,OKAY,,, Your going to get a laugh out of this

My big, bear of a man, big retired Fed. LEO,,, just walked by kissed my check and ask me what was I replying too

I said, Women things
He said, really, Can I Help answer or give some advice

I said Sure,,, It's about the prices women will pay for their Feminine Products, You Know, Tampons and Pads and Sponges, What would you like to add?
\
He Looked at me like
and said,,, I heard our neighbor was asking for help pulling a clutch out of his sons car, I should check on him
and he ran out the door door

Husbands, Big Babies,,, But You Got To Love The Good and Honest Ones

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

LOL!! Yep, love em even though they are feminine product wimps.

In all honesty, I have to be one of the brainwashed Americans here.. they better step up production on the OB. Quick.
Not just tampons, but Im sick of finding a great product and some moron either changes the formulation or they stop producing it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There is some thing very telling in this article for Johnson & Johnson and it's right here for you to read, from their customer base themselves, this is from the article:
"What happens is that people get really committed to a particular comfort level and in this case it's not only with the brand but with the product itself," said Durkin. "This is also a very personal item, and because its so personal people want the comfort. This is not something you fool around with."

"The thing [o.b.] has to remember is that these women are going to influence other women, it's the best advertising in the world," she said. "They're going to talk to their daughters, friends and moms -- everyone is going to know about this."

OKAY,,,, Here it is, Women are do the Best Advertising for Johnson & Johnson.
Ladies,,, You've allowed Johnson & Johnson to turn you all into ZOMBIES for them and their products.
They know now, you'll pay the price,,,, Yes,,, What ever it is,,, You'll Pay It,,, and now they know for certain,
They Have You and Your Wallet, Not Good In The Mind Of The Chinese Lady!

Edit to add,, My Friend Advantage,,, I just read your post,,, We Must Fight These Evil Tampon Giant,,, This Corrupter of our Feminine Products,,, We must wing you off slowly, like quitting cigarettes,,, easy goes it and slowly,,, then one day, you just walk right buy and don't give Johnson & Johnson O.B. another thought

edit on 19-1-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
must.... resist.. tampon.....brand......fixation.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You know what others are hard to find?

Tampax "Slender" tampons.

What? Everyone is Ma Dugger now and has a vagina like a clown car?

Not all of us need an industrial sized roll of paper towels to do the job.

It's a vagina, not the Grand Canyon!

Yeah, I know alot of people are throwing hot dogs down hallways - in more ways than one - but - MY "hallway" is still narrow and I really don't feel like jamming something the size and shape of a car wash buffing brush up my works.

Grrrrr

I'm going to have to start buying *these* online - you CANNOT find them in stores anymore.

Note to any men who might be reading this - better make DAMN SURE you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be a Daddy. You had better LOVE kids. Study up on "before" and "after" tampon sizes.

"Like throwing a hotdog down a hallway".

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that tampons were originally used for surgery to stop bleeding and were then used by women during WW2 to up their productivity during their periods? Furthermore, OB are not the only non-applicator tampons in the US surely? I've used many other brands (a lot of them discount brand tampons) and haven't noticed a difference at all. And what the hell is wrong with applicators? I prefer them, they are cleaner, I enjoy not getting blood on my hands. Ultimately though, I hate tampons, yuck.

Sorry, but this to me just strikes me as brand loyalty due to some sort of infexibility. Maybe because people believe in advertising too much

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Well, maybe I'm just different. I don't care about brands. I probably by a different tea brand whenever I buy tea. In fact these things don't generally taste different. All these different brands probably source their materials from the same suppliers.

And advertising, brainwashing, and belief does work like a charm. For example, their was an experiment with two bottles of wine containing the same wine. One was given an expensive price tag, the other a cheap one, and wine tasting experts actually said the more "expensive" wine tasted better.

So basically, what we think about a product actually changes our experience of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

monkey_descendant, Thank You for contributing to this thread and that was interesting, You know, I had never really thought about the first use of a tampon or the reason for it's invention.

Here is some thing I dug-up from: inventors.about.com...

The History of Tampons.
The ancient Egyptians invented the first disposable tampons made from softened papyrus. The ancient Greeks invented tampons made from lint wrapped around a small piece of wood, recorded in writing by Hippocrates in the fifth century B.C. Other materials used for the first tampons have included: wool, paper, vegetable fibers, sponges, grass, and later cotton.
OK,,, I'm not Crazy about, Small Piece of Wood with Lint Wrapped Around it, OUCH!!

To Continue from the above article:
In 1929, the modern tampon (with applicator) was first invented and patented by Doctor Earle Haas who wanted to invent a tampon that could be effectively mass produced. Earle Haas filed for his first tampon patent on November 19, 1931. His patent description was for a "catamenial device," derived from the Greek word for monthly. He later trademarked Tampax as the brandname for his tampon product.

OK, Now you have an idea about the beginning of the Tampon,,,, Please go to this site to see just how the Tampon was advertised and the early packaging and other devises that I'm sure some of us more mature ladies will remember, Like The Belt
Remember that?
inventors.about.com...://www.mum.org/comtampons.htm

edit on 20-1-2011 by guohua because: Spell Check

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I bumbed my own thread, I thought there would be more people interested in this.
Money is kinda hard to come by for some of us now adays.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I am in a relationship. She feels and says the same thing

I am self educated to a point....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Misteriosa

I object I am not a gentleman.... (shshshsh do not tell anybody)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Former NAVY, but this was pre Navy..

I have managed to stay alive to Thirty + because of using my brains...

It has given me a slight advantage over the years...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
reply to post by guohua

Former NAVY, but this was pre Navy..

I have managed to stay alive to Thirty + because of using my brains...

It has given me a slight advantage over the years...

I'd say you have done very well for yourself so far and we appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by guohua

To add:

MUM - Museum of Menstruation

LadySkadi how are you?
Yes that is a great reference site, It is also some very interesting reading. I didn't know alot of those things they mention on that site.

LadySkadi, if I remember correctly, you are one of the ladies that contributed to that thread last year about Bugging Out and the Ladies Needs for her Bug Out Bag,,,,,,, Do you remember where that thread is, I tried to find it to attach a link too, I think we have some new women as our ATS sisters that may need a little help,,, Bugging Out.

Thank You So Very Much For Contributing to this thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I'm very well, thank you.

Here are two great threads for the ladies:

Feminine Survival Hygiene

For Ladies Only

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

LadySkadi, Thank You for locating those threads for the ladies.
I just hope they actually take notice and read these threads, it is so very important for our or should I say their survival.
I mean,,,,,without us,,,, Humanity well end, it takes two to tango

So, I would like to suggest, they keep themselves safe and ready to take the appropriate actions.
edit on 21-1-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join