It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Cloud Anomaly 19/Jan/2011 (With Vid)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I woke up yesterday morning and had to film this from my bedroom window. I don't really know if it's as awesome as some of the cloud anomalies i have seen in the past here on ATS but i thought if post it anyhows..

I enjoyed watching it , never seen anything like it in person or around where i live (Central London).

Hope you enjoy.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
debunkers will arrive in 5.4.3.2.1

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
whats to debunk? Its just a normal occurrence of nature. Sun reflecting off a rounded hole in the clouds lol

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hole punch cloud

The foundation of a hole punch cloud is traditionally a mid- or high-altitude cloud type such as cirrus or cirro-stratus. Such clouds generally form above 20,000 feet or so in the atmosphere. The National Weather Service has explained that such clouds are frequently composed of both ice crystals and super-cooled water droplets – water that is below the freezing temperature but still exists in liquid form. When such a delicate balance occurs, only a slight disruption of this delicate balance may lead to a striking result.

It is believed that a cloud may be disrupted in this manner when a a jet flies through the thin cloud layer. Such a disruption may spur the quick freezing of liquid droplets and evaporation of other droplets. This would create the void in the space in which the jet passed through the layer.

London does have quite a bit of air traffic after all.

Cool vid, never the less.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Thanks, Nice to have it explained in detail and yes you're correct there are planes flying by all the time lol

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

I actually learned something myself. I live near an airport and I'd love to see something like that.
It would certainly of grabbed my attention as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
i see all kinds of clouds here. i don't see anything unusual in the video.

new topics

top topics

join