It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cassini Rocks Rhea Rendezvous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

NASA’s Cassini spacecraft has successfully completed its closest flyby of Saturn’s moon Rhea, returning raw images of the icy moon’s surface.

This raw image obtained by NASA's Cassini spacecraft of Saturn's moon Rhea shows craters in an area between day and night on the icy moon. The bright spot to the right is likely a cosmic ray hit.Image credit: NASA/JPL/SSI

Pictures of the Rhea surface taken around the time of closest approach at 4:53 a.m. UTC on Jan. 11, 2011, which was 10:53 p.m. PST, Jan. 10, show shadowy craters at a low sun angle. A portrait of bright, icy Rhea also captures Saturn’s rings and three other moons clearly visible in the background.

spacefellowship.com...

Thought this was pretty incredible, hopefully some of the ATS Community will find it interesting as well.

Cassini's closest approach was 43miles away, which to me is incredible what kind of images it returned.

But the picture I am very amazed with is where you can actually see part of Saturn's Ring.

Enjoy

edit on 19-1-2011 by Oozii because: Font

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
OOOH! nice pics. Hey I hope you don't mind but I rotated one 90 degree's

as lunacognita says "perspective is everything"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e5b155d13bd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think I just had a nerdgasm, these kind of things are what make me go hmm and keep my eye's to the skies. Thank you so much.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hey, I think I see a tower, and a crashed spaceship, and a huge statue and a bunch of other stuff that is proof of an alien civilization.

Oh, my mistake. Those were rocks and stuff.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Hah, Actually looks better like that.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

"Perspective is everything"....

I never realised how true that was until you rotated that pic! What I thought were craters turned out to be hills/mountains and vice versa haha

Great pics by the way OP, thanks for posting

S+F

Kyle

top topics

join