It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion doctor charged with killing 7 babies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Abortion doctor charged with killing 7 babies

www.msnbc.msn.com

A Philadelphia abortion doctor has been charged with eight counts of murder in the deaths of a woman patient and seven babies that prosecutors say were born alive and then killed with scissors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Um..

Yeah, so if he's proven guilty, which it seems there is a mountain of evidence, please sent this guy and whoever helped him to prison for the rest of their lives.

I'm very much pro choice. However it's important that these practices be regulated and scrutinized to make sure this sort of tragedy doesn't happen.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Not that i agree with Abortions at all, But How the hell can a man whose Offical job discription includes killing babies Be charged for Killing babies?! Its like charging a policeman for Upholding the law.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Not that i agree with Abortions at all, But How the hell can a man whose Offical job discription includes killing babies Be charged for Killing babies?! Its like charging a policeman for Upholding the law.

Yeah, they were illegal abortions as they were late term, I don't know exactly how late is late, but these ones were born alive and then killed with scissors according to the article.

Just as an added comment, I don't "agree" with abortions either, but I understand that it is a woman's choice.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Ah well thats not an abortion really is it, Its Murder tecnically because the woman has given birth to a baby with complete nervous system and a Being that has the ability to feel, But then again surely its not just the Doctors fault so much as the Twisted (or Ill admit maybe desperate parent) that allowed him to kill their child

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting...

I understand that there are women who want late term abortions and that this can turn into a hot topic, but I can't even believe what this guy did...

He should be charged with 8 counts of murder, convicted and spend the rest of his life in prison while other people try to make babies with him. Sickening.

I'll make a prediction right now... I'll bet he goes to prison and "gets it" with a pair of scissors by another inmate. They don't take kindly to these kinds of people.

~Namaste
edit on 19-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sounds like late term abortion. Ultimately, I would think that in such cases, a rule needs to be made to try as best possible to save the baby verses strict abortion when possible. Anything after 3 months should be only allowed for super extreme cases involving the death of the mother if it doesn't happen.

I don't know enough details to weigh in on this particular case however.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The article is a little more vague that I would like it to be. Considering how hot a topic that abortion can be, I wonder if that was done on purpose.

Either way, I agree with you, late term abortions should be done with extreme caution and with the most amount of planning and safe guards put in place.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That is very sociopathic behavior.

That even under thier own defined terms (baby on the outside=alive) they would look at the being, and stab it with scissors. I bet the mothers of these poor little guys are regreting that decision. I know I would be devetated.

No matter where you stand on abortion, the act itself takes a big toll on the almost-to-be-mothers much like infanticide did when that was more prevelant.

Abortion is a gray area issue for me. I couldn't do it myself, I am strongly against violence in general.... but I am also against creating a coercive police force to make sure people are doing it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am utterly pro-choice.

However, born alive is born alive. If this is true, he should go to jail.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yes, even "pro-choicers" see that there needs to be a line-drawn and that it is murder beyond a certain point in time. Beyond which point? I dont know. In my opinion its 3 months.

Killing them after they are born is cruel beyond belief and has nothing to do with "abortion".
edit on 19-1-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just saw this on the news.
It is murder .. not 'abortion of tissue'.
It's awful. My heart breaks for those poor children.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Before I start, I'm pro choice.

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, if the mother decides to have an abortion, that is their choice.
And don't say it doesn't matter, that they should just have the baby. What about rape victims and younger children? Do you want to say they have no choice and should just have something they never wanted in the first place? Who's heartless in that situation? The victim, or people who have never been in their position?

I do agree in normal cases though, there should be certain restrictions to abortions; such as time periods and and things of that nature. If they don't meet any of the requirements, I feel they should have the baby and be able to give it up for adoption. There's no need to let someone continue to have unprotected sex and have as many abortions as they feel.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Seems no one knows what late term means.

A late-term abortion often refers to an induced abortion procedure that occurs after the 20th week of gestation.
However, the exact point when a pregnancy becomes late-term is not clearly defined.
Some sources define an abortion after 12 completed weeks' gestation as "late".[1][2]
Some sources define an abortion after 16 weeks as "late".[3][4]
Three articles published in 1998 in the same issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association could not agree on the definition.
Two of the JAMA articles chose the 20th week of gestation to be the point where an abortion procedure would be considered late-term.[5]
The third JAMA article chose the third trimester, or 27th week of gestation.[6] The point at which an abortion becomes late-term is often related to the "viability" (ability to survive outside the uterus) of the fetus.

Sometimes late-term abortions are referred to as post-viability abortions.
However, viability varies greatly among pregnancies. Nearly all pregnancies are viable after the 27th week, and no pregnancies are viable before the 21st week. Everything in between is a "grey area".[

wiki

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I said it in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I'll say it here too.

The first thing I noticed was the mention of baby feet kept in jars, that's just sick, my guess is he was keeping the feet as trophies. This freak wasn't a doctor. He was a psychopath. To call him a doctor is an insult to physicians who take the Hippocratic oath to heart.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think what we should do is make a not-for-profit, donation funded, clinic network that offers free tubal sterilization or vasectomies for people who want them. I would donate to this. I think avoiding such an abortion scenario would be better then not. If only we could undo hundreds of years of bullcrap theology and maybe we can get the Catholic Church behind it.

I think, if we do more R&D in the ways we can make people infertile in safer, less invasive, and reversable ways, we can make abortions a rarity or thing of the past.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Or allternatively we could just castrate those who are deemed unfit to conceive a child and show no responsibility in the due process of been "Sexually active", I see such people every day on jerry springer

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

That is even worse then having a system of terrorpolice to make sure we don't have abortions.

Choice is the key either way.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Yeah, so if he's proven guilty, which it seems there is a mountain of evidence, please sent this guy and whoever helped him to prison for the rest of their lives.

I'm very much pro choice. However it's important that these practices be regulated and scrutinized to make sure this sort of tragedy doesn't happen.

The hypocrisy of your position is mind-boggling!

So you are for the murder of innocent womb-trapped human lives.

Yet you are against this one case.

Why is this? Because it used a slightly different procedure and ritual. You don't care about any of the murders of innocent human lives. You are using this one case to pretend you care, in order to make you look like a caring person when you promote and sponsor the exact same actions in other cases. You hope to lend legitimacy to the other cases of murder you support by demonizing this case. Wont work with Me.

This case threatens to reveal the Truth that abortion is societally-sponsored mass-murder of innocent human lives for the purpose of cathartic release for the immense collective homicidal rage that exists in a denied region of most human True Realities.

Make no mistake - abortion is sponsored murder. See My website's abortion essay for more details.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Yes, even "pro-choicers" see that there needs to be a line-drawn and that it is murder beyond a certain point in time. Beyond which point? I dont know. In my opinion its 3 months.

Killing them after they are born is cruel beyond belief and has nothing to do with "abortion".

This is why I'd like to see abortions being free and easy to get quick access to.

I hate abortion, but I've seen women, when abortion was illegal, risking their lives to induce miscarriages when they were not in a position to bear a child. We need abortion so women can make this choice safely.
And much as some people like to disparrage women for accidentally getting pregnant, one study found that 70% of the women seeking abortions had been using contraception when they fell pregnant.

However I was with my daughter when she had an ultrasound at 10 weeks gestation, and the baby was already wriggling and looking recognisably human.

So it seems to me the only answer is to help women who are having abortions to have them as early as possible, preferably in the first 2 months.

Of course abortion should be allowed at any stage if doctors believe it's necessary to protect the mother's health, but if the baby can be born live it should be cared for, not killed.

If the people posting on a 100+ page ATS thread, supporting father's rights to say no during pregnancy to supporting a baby they've made, have their way, and pregnant women are having to wait for the father's decision on whether he'll legally be a father, then there will be a lot more late-term abortions happening. Supposedly, as women are said to have the option of abortion, men should have the option of shrugging off all responsibility after impregnating women.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join