It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun storm to hit with 'force of 100m bombs'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've read the only way this would occur is if a flare fires off while the earths poles are weakened. The magnetic field is what protects us from solar flares to begin with. If it happens we are pretty much at the will of nature. As for livestock my town has a city ordinance against it. lol

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

If you refer to my post just before yours it shows that this has happend before and Has caused problems to Older electrical systems, However what NASA is proposing is that a Much larger Solar storm will occur which could wipe out electrical systems for an extended period of time, There is a high possibility that this will occur and it really doesnt matter in what arrangement our earths poles are in

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Perhaps Twitter and Facebook are there to keep the stupid off the streets? less accidents, so less police time and ambulance time? just a theory!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Thats actually a pretty darn smart statement, I like it

second line

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well yeah, there are ordininces in most places against having livestock. I think if you can have some stabled some place that you can get to them, that would be good. I don't know how you'd move them when SHTF though.

I live in a semi rural area, and people can have dogs off leash, goats in their yard, chickens, pigs, anything they want. I know some people who have a few goats around. I think they eat them or milk them. I've never tried goat myself. I've heard that people around here barbecue them, but I've never tried the meat or milk. It probably isn't that bad really. The goats are probably cleaner than cattle. I've seen some of the stockyards and those are nasty.

The people around here that have goats just let them graze the land. They have a sort of shed they can get in if it is too cold. I've seen the goats and most days they don't even go in the shed, even if it is cold out. They seem like really hardy animals.

I've also seen people who have pigs, and even on the coldest days, the pigs are running around outside just fine. It seems like they'd be cold, but they are such fat animals I guess they don't get very cold.

I don't know much about livestock myself, I just see the animals that people have out round her. Some goats, cattle, pigs and stuff. Most of them seem like pretty hardy animals. It doesn't get too cold around here or too hot, but even on the coldest days, the animals are out grazing.

It did get pretty hot this summer, up to 113 degrees out, I think. The cows needed a pond to wade in. On the hottest days, all the cows were in a pond to cool off. The goats didn't seem to care though.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
Have been hearing this allot over past year or so!
They must be expecting something all this hype for a solar maximum that happens on a regular basis,
is unprecedented.

Sorry to go off topic - but your avatar pic is wonderful.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by laslidealist

I think the solar flares will only effect electrical technology as long as they continue, and there should be no underlying effects after they stop so i doubt itll permantly effect technology.

That said i wish people would stop using technology and Actually live they're lives rather than wasting most of it either staring at a T.V or Updating twitter.

However there is tecnology that should be kept such as revolutionary hospital equipment etc

I couldnt agree more

2nd

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
From the same article

it could come "100 years away or just 100 days", but an Australian astronomer says the space community is betting on the sooner scenario rather than the latter.

The part that raises a red flag is when they said they are betting on sooner than later.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Did any of you watch the film on you tube called EARTH UNDER FIRE ?

Once you do you will see that the saying "all is connected"...and "we are one"....do have another meaning.
There are those that wonder what God looks like?...Check out information and pictures of the cosmic center of the galaxy. The sun (son) in our solar system is connected with the actions of the cosmic center of the galaxy.

This is not off topic, though it may appear to be. The sun flares we need to worry about will be the ones that will be occurring after the appearance of what the Hopi refer to as the Blue Star Katshina. There will be no warning when the flare hits...it travels at the speed of light so it's devastation will come in the blink of an eye. That does not mean that we would not have prior warnings over the years, one of them includes Global Warming, not from the earth...but from the heat of the sun rising, this is possibly going on now.

NASA knows what is going on, but like the rest of the system, they more than likely feel that explaining something to the general public that would have repercussions in this world from the general public that would be disastrous to the "NOW" as the flares will have in the "FUTURE". So, nothing is said, and the public is kept unaware. Let them have their "ideas" and "thoughts"....if they get close to the truth...they will toss out there something logical to keep those among us that are awake busy, while they do the same thing.

In this film, there was a suggestion of a way to deflect the initial cosmic center explosions...the placing of reflecting grids at the edge of our system. Just a few degrees offset would keep it out of our system and the dominoes would not fall as projected at this time.

Could it be possible that HAARP and Chem Trails are something that has been developed to protect the earth from such flares? I do not agree with the surface conclusions of the fore mentioned "protections"...but then again...maybe it is something to keep people busy, 'cause they are not going to tell us.

We are all "immortal". Who knows...we may have been leaving messages to ourselves all these eons. How long before we listen?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldObserver

Thanks for posting this video link. This is a great channel for us ATSrs. UFO TV cool thanks.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by InterestedObserver

If the storm is that strong, i guess there isn't much hope for humanity then.....maybe the recent deaths of many animals of particualr speicies can be attributed to some sort of sun anomaly....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
NASA knows what is going on, but like the rest of the system, they more than likely feel that explaining something to the general public that would have repercussions in this world from the general public that would be disastrous to the "NOW" as the flares will have in the "FUTURE". So, nothing is said, and the public is kept unaware.

Yeah, like the movie Knowing when they only told the public of the solar flare when things started going wrong and the sky started looking weird then everyone started to panic and go round looting before the flare hit.

Only in that movie the experts didn't really know themselves until it was too late and there wasn't much time to do anything about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What do you suppose is the significance of the fact that the article cited is dated August 25, 2010?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
NASA knows what is going on, but like the rest of the system, they more than likely feel that explaining something to the general public that would have repercussions in this world from the general public that would be disastrous to the "NOW" as the flares will have in the "FUTURE". So, nothing is said, and the public is kept unaware.

Yeah, like the movie Knowing when they only told the public of the solar flare when things started going wrong and the sky started looking weird then everyone started to panic and go round looting before the flare hit.

Only in that movie the experts didn't really know themselves until it was too late and there wasn't much time to do anything about it.

Weird when life does at times mimic the movies. Sometimes
that which entertains, might be giving insight.

"not everything is as it seems" when will others see this as well?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Shouldn't they be trying harder to spread info about this storm, and to prepare for it as best we can?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There have been a host of doom and gloom scenarios all over since this 2012 Mayan Calendar stuff came out. I think there is a much bigger chance of somebody firing off an EMP bomb than the sun whacking us with this solar storm stuff. Between yellowstone popping to the madrid fault triggering it appears everything is poised to destroy the planet here soon. I guess we shall see.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join