It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Va. lawmakers look to stop climate change probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.wtop.com...

RICHMOND, Va. - A power struggle is unfolding in Virginia over climate change research.
Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has been taking the University of Virginia to court to get information on a climate change researcher who once worked at the school.

Now several members of the State Assembly say they've had enough and have introduced legislation to rein in Cuccinelli's investigation.

Cuccinelli, a global warming skeptic, is looking into whether UVA professor Michael Mann manipulated data to show that there has been a rapid, recent rise in the Earth's temperature.

Democratic Sens. Donald McEachin of Henrico and Chap Petersen of Fairfax County say their bills won't give blanket immunity to colleges to defraud the state, but they would curb politically motivated probes.

McEachin and Petersen, both lawyers, said Cuccinelli had abused the authority the office obtained under a 2002 law.

Their legislation would force Cuccinelli to sue and obtain subpoenas as is required of other civil litigation. This would afford defendants the right to defend themselves.

Heaven forbid the Attorney General have unfettered access to witnesses engaged in the third biggest fraud of the century after fractional reserve banking and state run ponzi retirement schemes.

It's not like 9,000 PhDs think the whole thing is a fraud or anything:
www.petitionproject.org...

It's not like the Climategate emails specifically show how Mann engaged in academic fraud by rejecting papers against global warming and dropping unwelcome data from his models:
www.scribd.com...

It's not like the Australian climate data was found to be fraudulent:
www.climategate.com...

It's not like NASA's own data was found to be a load of garbage:
www.foxnews.com...

Oh no no no - we can't have anything that might threaten the expansion of State power.

edit on 19-1-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I came here to leave a sarcastic / troll response, but nothing I could have typed could have done anything to effect the level of stupidity already present in this thread.

I give up on your topics good sir.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

I know, it is incredibly difficult to argue against logic and reason.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by Whyhi

I know, it is incredibly difficult to argue against logic and reason.

Owned!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
I came here to leave a sarcastic / troll response, but nothing I could have typed could have done anything to effect the level of stupidity already present in this thread.

I give up on your topics good sir.

Poster says they are a "disinformation operative" and in a "misinformative" mood. No wonder they don't like having you tell the truth on one of the biggest scientific scams ever.

Poster should also pay closer attention to their own signature IMO (the part about the fairy tale).

edit on 1/19/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join