It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a U.S. Government Lab Help Israel Develop Stuxnet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Did a U.S. Government Lab Help Israel Develop Stuxnet?

www.wired.com

Researchers at the Idaho National Laboratory, which is overseen by the U.S. Department of Energy, may have passed critical information to Israel about vulnerabilities in a system that controls Iran’s enrichment plant at Natanz. That information was then used to create and test the so-called Stuxnet worm that was unleashed in a joint cyberattack on Natanz, according to The New York Times.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wired.com
www.wired.com

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
it says they (NYtimes) lack evidence it seems they are using reports?
the points these reports tie together are worth looking at and keeping an eye on...

The timing is important, because by early 2008, Iran was busy installing centrifuge cascades in module A26 at the Natanz enrichment plant — the module that experts believe was later targeted by Stuxnet.

At the same time, in early 2008, President George Bush authorized a covert program that was reportedly designed to subtly sabotage Iran’s nuclear weapons program. Details of the program were never disclosed, but the Times later reported that it was, in part, aimed at undermining the electrical and computer systems at Natanz
pg2 www.wired.com...

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

It would surprise me more that Israel needed that kind of help to be honest. That kind of virus doesn't take tons of people to build, just one or two and Mossad were likely to have all the intel they needed through their own sources wihout having to rely on the US to give them the information.

They may have done it with permission from the US (who surely knew what was going on), but personally I doubt it went much beyond that.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
www.symantec.com...
Thanks to some tips from a Dutch Profibus expert who responded to our call for help,we’ve connected a critical piece of the puzzle.

Rob Hulsebos is the “Dutch Profibus expert” cited in the Symantec article that identified that frequency converters are the target of Stuxnet.

www.tofinosecurity.com...

But what about Idaho
www.inl.gov...
www.inl.gov...
In this PDF document, we again find the name of Jason Wright. (Accused for the FBI backdoor)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-1-2011 by hawk123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I think that stuxnet just stalls the inevitable....it is not liek we permanently disabled the uranium enrichment....just set it back a little...

i don't know what benefit it is to us that we were ab leto disable temporarily...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
thanks for those links great info!

I think the reason for the stall tactic maybe stuxnet was our best silent attack at the time and all the US resources are stretched thin all over the world.?

new topics

top topics

join