It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domino's Pizza Receives $12 Million Bailout While Experts Warn Of Global Food Riots.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

While food riots have begun emerging across the globe as a result of surging food prices, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has decided to funnel 12 million dollars into the popular pizza chain Domino’s Pizza, in what has become known as a secret government bailout.

Link to articlewww.infowars.com...

Fast food is the last thing we should be thinking about. Unfortunately,fast-food is going to the be the last link in the supply chain to fail. Why? Because fast-food chains have massive operations that lock in large amounts of product at fixed prices into the future. Many fast-food chains even have their own farming and production operations which make them less price sensitive during market fluctuations.

I think they're going to try to keep food Merry-Go-Round spinning as long as possible and the existence of easy-to-get,tasty fast-food is a way for governments to trick people into thinking everything's okay while the food chain falls apart.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Dear FlyingJadeDragon,
I am truly gobsmacked by this news. Like what, wtf! Why is a privately owned purveyor of filth (one of the major contributors to obesity is eating crap like this folks) being bailed out by a government?

Who the f**k cares if they go bankrupt? Does the government care for the people working there or something? Refurbish the buildings and create something else with a view to caring for the people they serve and re-employ them.

This world is going mad.

Regards,
T

edit on 19-1-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
How many employees does this company have both in the US and worldwide? Cheaper to bail out these companies than the banks!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Since when do we bail out pizza joints? WTH.

This country is ass backwards. They don't want to help the people who are losing jobs and homes yet they help businesses...WTF.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Everyone seems 'OMG WTH are they doing?' but does nothing. What can we do? It's VERY obvious they're given that money regardless of what the civilians think to make everything appear normal. If fast food joints are still going, everything's normal. If the food runs out, we can go to Dominos! And eat the # they'll put in it to keep the population docile. I say avoid the fast food restaurants for now on. I'd rather starve then support and eat that # to be an 'upstanding' citizen. It's slavery to the most subtle and highest form. Until World War 3 break outs, nothing will change their minds.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
THANK GOD!!! its the best damn pizza out their.. lol.. while the rest of the world riots I'll be eating Domminos pizza lol..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sorry, but...

what experts are warning of global food riots?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well that pizza joint is the deadest one here. The local pizza is cheaper and taste much better.

With the Government making sure we still have pizza there has to be something big and bad coming down they know we won`t have to worry on after.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have no words for this. See my avatar.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Sorry, but...

what experts are warning of global food riots?

Here (just one of many sources on the topic):One Poor Harvest Away From Chaos

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Question is, why would the USDA invest in Dominoes Pizza? I'm sure its not cause they love the new recipe. Follow the money folks, find out whats really goin on there.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
But but I need my domino's pizza, not as much as I need Papa John's but I need it none the less. Think about all the bread bowl pasta's disappearing all the oven toasted sandwiches and BBQ chicken pizza's fading away. Who cares about the debt I need my pizza dang it!!!!! (sarcasm for the hard of seeing)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I wonder what the Dominoes big wigs bonus checks look like? You know a company that's been successful for as long as they have, has an easy 12 million stashed somewhere. This is BS that taxpayers are bailing them out. It better get us a few free pizza's to ease the pain.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The inequality is going to boil over soon.
The gap between the rich and the poor is already insane and stories like this will only serve to increase the anger.

This is NOT capitalism. So the next time you hear someone talking about our "capitalist" society, shout them down and then explain to them exactly what fascism is.

We have an interesting story about to start here in the UK. There's a block of Billionaire apartments opening in London.
It'll be a building packed full of the banking, corporate and government elite.
I can guarantee that if social cohesion breaks down as I expect it to over the next two years, that building will certainly not survive for long.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

The inequality is going to boil over soon.
The gap between the rich and the poor is already insane and stories like this will only serve to increase the anger.

This is NOT capitalism. So the next time you hear someone talking about our "capitalist" society, shout them down and then explain to them exactly what fascism is.

We have an interesting story about to start here in the UK. There's a block of Billionaire apartments opening in London.
It'll be a building packed full of the banking, corporate and government elite.
I can guarantee that if social cohesion breaks down as I expect it to over the next two years, that building will certainly not survive for long.

If what I've just been reading about the Eurozone is true,then things are going to get very ugly there indeed. I imagine those luxury blocks will either be a war zone or become a heavily-guarded fortress for the White Shoe Boys. Either way,a meltdown appears to be coming.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Who the hell even eats that crap? That's like going to the Olive Garden and thinking that's good Italian food also.

Seriously, us people in the North East are spoiled with quality cruise I suppose, I guess I could excuse those living in the south or more rural areas for lack of a better choice.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Did some quick research and found something of interest. Apparently Dominos Pizza was sold to Bain Capital in 1998 but only went public in 2004. "Bain Capital today manages approximately $65 billion in assets, and its strategies include private equity, venture capital, public equity, high-yield assets and mezzanine capital funds."

en.wikipedia.org...

For those that don't click links, heres an interesting list of recent notable investments by Bain Capital (I'll only point out what seems to stick out to me)

2009, Jun – Bain Capital announces a deal to acquire a 16% stake in Chinese electronics manufacturer GOME Electrical Appliances for $300 million.

2007, Sep – Joins with the Chinese networking company Huawei Technologies in an attempt to acquire 3Com for $2.2 billion in cash
.[5] However, they were unable to structure the deal to satisfy constraints set by Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS). In March 2008, Bain and Huawei abandoned the transaction.[6]

"The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS, commonly pronounced "sifius") is an inter-agency committee of the United States Government that reviews the national security implications of foreign investments in U.S. companies or operations." Seems odd to me that Henry Paulson would deem this kind of deal a threat to national security

2003, Aug – Purchases Bombardier Inc.'s recreational products division , along with the Bombardier family and the Caisse de dépôt et de placement du Québec, and created Bombardier Recreational Products or BRP. Bain Capital took a 50% interest in the new company.

More questions. Why would Dominos need a 12 million bailout when its owned by a company that can pay a couple bil in cash?
edit on 19-1-2011 by jacktherer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Dominos has over 9000 corporate and franchised stores in 60 countries and 145,000 employees,in an organisation this size $12 million might bail out Rhode Island but thats about it,something does,t pass the smell test here,is this a bribe if so for what?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It's completely possible the pentagon finally paid the bill for the last few years of late night sessions on Iraq and Afghanistan. If they paid $600 for a toilet seat, it was to prepare for the coming pizza.

Without coupons $12Million buys only $6Million worth of Pizza.

With interest the $6Million of Pizza on would be only $3Million. OK, maybe $4Million.

$35 per pizza order plus $5 tip, that's 100,000 pizza orders.

Eight years of war in Iraq, that's 12,500 orders a year, 35 orders a day.

All those pizza orders add up.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dbriefed

The money didn't come from the pentagon/military it came from the USDA. In light of the new food bill this to me is a huge red flag that there's something going on backstage. Dominoes doesn't need a bailout, there's more to it than meets the eye, what I don't know?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join