It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of Euro? ... Ireland Prints Own Notes. Plus, Nigel Farage on 'Monster' Eurozone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Well, UK have not, and I think they never will. Good for them.

The Euro has never appealed to me as a currency of choice.. I am too much a little Englander (as some continentals would say) tho I have grave doubts this will lead to a crash BUT.. it would explain why the French PM was in Britain last week looking for some more support on the Euro.. which in turn does indicated the depth of problems the Euro is facing..

ETA Media Spin - France urges Britain: help save the euro or face crisis
edit on 19/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
One thing I find interesting about this development is with the connection to one of Jared Lee Loughner videos on currency www.abovetopsecret.com... . Within that video he foretells of a new economic climate where each individual is there own treasurer for their own currency. With a lack of leadership and breakdown of an international currency standard, an international economy can still take form based on a very diverse currency base. I am not yet sure of how all the technicalities will play out, but it is another way that the market will find balance through the chaos. This is complex and I guess there are many ways it can go.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The Euro was sold to the sheeple as their way of ascending over the USA and taking control of the planet. The Euro was to usher in the new European Superpower which would act as a counter to American hegemony, to signal the opening of the largest economy on the planet, a socially enlightened union of people working to move the planet forward, and the opening salvo in the take-down of America.

It looks like a gigantic grabscam on the national level. The goal? To separate you, and your entire nation, from your money. All of Europe, with stars in their eyes, bought the con and the elite were enriched yet again on the backs of the sheeple class. Nice job Europe!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Personally I think the whole situation is far more complicated, in that a 3 way economic war is currently under way between the US, Europe and China..

Anyone ever read 1984?
George Orwell was quite a brilliant man.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

My understanding is that the majority of people were never for the EURO. (Though I certainly may be wrong here)
I had the chance to work in France, Spain and Italy (and to travel to other European countries as well) and the unanimous consensus was that this was done by the politicians without the people's approval.
The prevalent argument was a very immediate and personal one: everything cost more when the switch to the Euro was made. (which perhaps was due to individual shopkeepers and industry more so than government policy)

Anyhow, it was only Germany (and some would argue parts of France) that had a guaranteed positive economic relationship with the Euro's creation. The deutschmark's strength was making Germany's exports to the rest of Europe less and less profitable.

Perhaps the Euro truly is the 4th Reich. (Hey, I had to throw in a little conspiracy angle here, this is ATS after all!)

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I provide you a source. You say that the source is not reliable and that the news is false. Prove that it is false. The onus of proof is yours. I read the text and the comments and found very clear what is happening there. I'm posting here because I know several people who live there and are concerned about the economic situation in Europe. So if you want to contest the news, please provide some proof. Not just what you think. This is all you did.

edit on 19-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by skylightsintheillions

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Personally I think the whole situation is far more complicated, in that a 3 way economic war is currently under way between the US, Europe and China..

Anyone ever read 1984?
George Orwell was quite a brilliant man.

Most of my generation (around this neck of the woods at least) where taught 2 books at School, Animal Farm and 1984.. obviously alongside a school child's nightmare (Shakespeare)

Some of Orwells other works (the Lion & Unicorn, essays on Anti-Semitism) are also pretty interesting and the core ideals they put forward still valid in describing todays problems.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
my family in ireland has heard nothing about this.

kx

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

You may be right. I may have a distorted view but I remember lots of people posting on the boards on how the new EU Superpower was going to rise and assume a position of global dominance as American power waned.

I think the Euro and the EU is a grabscam that has fleeced millions of Europeans of their hard earned money and, even worse, their national sovereignty and heritage. The stolen booty, of course, going to the elite.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I provide you a source. You say that the source is not reliable and that the news is false. Prove that it is false. The onus of proof is yours. I read the text and the comments and found very clear what is happening there. I'm posting here because I know several people who live there and are concerned about the economic situation in Europe. So if you want to contest the news, please provide some proof. Not just what you think. This is all you did.

im calling hoax on this.. i have asked my family in ireland and they all said they have nver heard of this. Information from relable sources is sofar lacking. If e op or anyone else cannot supply some decent sources...this should be moved to skunk works or something..

kx

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
hoax i live in the uk and if this was true it would be massive news...it is not ireland was in our news today but only because their pm was facing a vote of no confidence

this is just scaremongering

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You are the person making the outlandish claims.You need to check the reliability of your sources. I was gently trying to let you know that this story is absolute rubbish. I have nothing to prove.

The Euro is in serious trouble. the eurozone will most lightly will collapse in the future. However you state in your title that 'Ireland prints its own notes'. This is not true. I believe the source you quote is making false allegations.

Please PM me as soon as their is legimate proof that this is happening. When you do this I will gladly crawl back here on my hands and knees and apologise and eat my own words.

I must leave this thread now as most people have not idea what they are talking about here.

peace

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It does not matter if EU member nations print their own euros because it is taken for granted that all euros are issued by the ECB currently located in germany. Actually its bad news for the euro because it will inevitably cause inflation and make the euro worthless.

Now if the EURO fails two possibilities can emerge but I am quite certain the nwo will choose the second:

1)member nations drop the euro for their local currency or
2)if both the dollar and euro crash at the same time ITS REALLY BAD NEWS because a new global currency will be forced down our necks with the devilish verichip to add insult to injury.

I hope the first happens but protesting peacefully has proven fruitless. Where does that leave us?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I live in ireland and I have seen nothing about this in anything, including the independant

yeah yeah MSM and all that but I'm sure we'd be hearing something

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
It does not matter if EU member nations print their own euros because it is taken for granted that all euros are issued by the ECB currently located in germany. Actually its bad news for the euro because it will inevitably cause inflation and make the euro worthless.

Now if the EURO fails two possibilities can emerge but I am quite certain the nwo will choose the second:

1)member nations drop the euro for their local currency or
2)if both the dollar and euro crash at the same time ITS REALLY BAD NEWS because a new global currency will be forced down our necks with the devilish verichip to add insult to injury.

I hope the first happens but protesting peacefully has proven fruitless. Where does that leave us?

Immediate conversion to a stable currency (or currencies) and/or commodities (food, fuel, precious metals, etc.) Anything to try and preserve as much wealth as possible before the inevitable "new" currency comes into play, removing large percentages of personal wealth.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
not convinced on individual nations printing their own money, however in my opinion the country to watch would be spain. with a large land mass and populus in comparison to others that are struggling, if they call for help, two things come to mind. 1) china will make a beeline for the resort revenues and infrastructure.
2) china will temporarily ignore the call for assistance and wait until the markets have affected (possibly decimated) spanish assets then zap will get the call. a firesale perhaps?
f

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by Billmeister

You may be right. I may have a distorted view but I remember lots of people posting on the boards on how the new EU Superpower was going to rise and assume a position of global dominance as American power waned.

I think the Euro and the EU is a grabscam that has fleeced millions of Europeans of their hard earned money and, even worse, their national sovereignty and heritage. The stolen booty, of course, going to the elite.

I was not claiming that your view was distorted in the least, but often, we consider what politicians and MSM announce as if it were the wish/opinion of the people. Sadly, it is often the exact opposite.

I agree, isn't it interesting how, no matter what political or financial system in place, the spoils always end up in the hands of the so-called elite?

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by truthseeker58

Yeh, I read about it. I think Eurozone will fail. People are starting see things worst than before.

But what ever happens will be there plan. These people do not care about tomorrow, they care about decades in front.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

It's true. I believe they have models created for each design fmade. The machine of the state is becoming more invasive and decisive. This is our beautiful "democracy".

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

This is from a Irish Newspaper:

Central Bank steps up its cash support to Irish banks financed by institution printing own money

EMERGENCY lending from the ECB to banks in Ireland fell in December, the first decline since January 2010, but only because the Irish Central Bank stepped up its help to banks.

The Irish Independent learnt last night that the Central Bank of Ireland is financing €51bn of an emergency loan programme by printing its own money.

ECB lending to banks in Ireland fell from €136.4bn in November to €132bn at the end of December, according to the figures released by the Irish Central Bank yesterday.

At the same time, the bank increased its emergency lending by €6.4bn, bringing the total it is owed to €51bn.

The latest data does show a levelling off in demand for the loans. Emergency lending to banks shot up €16bn in November, but overall demand for the loans only increased by €2bn in December when ECB and Irish Central Bank figures are combined.

However, the figures also provide the latest evidence that responsibility for funding Ireland's broken banks is being pushed increasingly back on to Irish taxpayers. The loans are recorded by the Irish Central Bank under the heading "other assets".

A spokesman for the ECB said the Irish Central Bank is itself creating the money it is lending to banks, not borrowing cash from the ECB to fund the payments. The ECB spokesman said the Irish Central Bank can create its own funds if it deems it appropriate, as long as the ECB is notified.

News that money is being created in Ireland will feed fears already voiced this week by ECB president Jean-Claude Trichet that inflation is a potential concern for the eurozone.

However, a source at the ECB said the European bank is comfortable that the amounts involved are small enough not to be systemically significant. The ECB has been lending money to banks in Ireland at just 1pc, as long as the banks can put up acceptable collateral.

You can read the FULL text HERE

I think the Germans are going to have a heart attack over this one.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join