It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore - People own guns because they're fearful racists.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If in Moore's warped thinking whitey only wants guns because they are racists afraid of non whites, why is the majority of gun crimes commited by non whites?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Michael Moore has no idea and least not he has zero knoweldge of what he is saying. The fact is most legal gun owners have their guns out of sight out of mind from others to see. When a home invasion happens and a gun is used rest assured the robber brought the gun with him...Michael needs to take his payed off arss and stop talking about that which he has no clue about. His so called percent of people killed by homeowner guns comes from what statistics? his thats what...he is a racist trying to fan a flame. Rurtal and upper class people who own guns dont have muders and less breakins because the killers, the home invaders know these people have guns. It is a proven fact...He is the apethany of Moron...geesh that made me mad watching it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Didn't he basically put forward this theory in Bowling for Columbine?

I'm sure there was a little animated thing about it all.

Hmmmm

OK found it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Actually I own guns because of racists.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Actually, I'm much more worried about the copious amounts of meth-heads (90% of whom are fish-belly white) around here breaking into my house at night and thinking that I'm Cthulhu or something equally as insane. Also, I suppose that "people of color" who own guns are self-hating racists?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Its Michael Moore were talking about? What has he ever said that has been based off of facts? Like ....Never?
His rants are based off of emotion.....typical of course...but what can you expect from a sad little man?
Anything he has done, said, filmed etc...is laughable at best~

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
According to Moore, people only own guns because they’re racist and “afraid” of “people of color.”

So that is his reasoning for white people to own guns, a bad one at that, why would African Americans or Latinos or anyone else own one then? Or is he just focusing in on "whitey"?

He is a moron and loves the sound of his own voice, just Mikey being Mikey.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Its really funny why the English care so much about Americans owning guns. Guns are mostly banned in the UK right? So there you go you got what you want right at home. As for the murder rate America is vastly large in comparison to the UK (i.e. a significantly larger population) more people, more crime. United States Population : 295,734,134 vs England Population : 60,441,457. We have 235,292,677 more people living over here. The state of Wisconsin is almost the same size as the UK. That is just one state in 50. Last year according to the FBI Homicide Data Table only 9,146 people where killed will guns out of how many? Out of 295,734,134. When someone dies it doesn't matter how they died just the fact that they died before their time is what matters. I have shot guns since I was a kid with the supervision of my parents. I was taught to respect them, handle them as is they are loaded all the times and keep them pointed in a safe direction away form people at all times. I was also taught that you don't settle arguments by killing people. I still own guns to this day and always will and will teach my kids the same way I was taught to respect firearms. People will kill people with whatever they can.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Fearful racists? What about the Black Panthers? Were they fearful racists or were they protecting their rights as human beings? The only group of people that are fearful are the gun-grabbing morons that think this makes them safe. The racists are those fruit loop liberals that relentlessly inject race into every issue and use it as a bludgeon to silence opposition. Sorry, fascists and communists, I despise you both and will retain my right to defend myself and my neighbors against you. History is my witness.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think that people who actually follow this mooron and Rachel Madcow
are missing some of their fruit loops. But, who cares what these idiots
think? Mooron doesn't set precedent in this country about anything. All
he has is a few followers just like him and Madcow who really believe
what they spew forth. Michael Moore and Rachel Madcow. Give it a break.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oh dear.... that's not a very bright thing to say to America is it?

R.I.P Michael Moore.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Singularity

Well put, the right to bear arms is a right. What next ban knifes and pointy things. Should we get rid of rocks, some people used to stone people to death. No more pencils or pens, too pointy. Maybe getting rid of coconuts will help too, amazing how many people die from falling coconuts.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

Before finding websites like ATS and others, i was asleep. i used to admire Bill Maher, and Mike Moore, amongst others.

Now I just see demagoguery. On all sides in everything. One crazy person reignites a national debate? Think about that. Every time a shooting happens.

If he had gone to a car dealership and test driven a huge 4x4 and driven it at speed into the concentrated throng of people, we wouldnt be hearing too much about this.

Yes guns are for security. Why police have them. How many people have been shot by police for litle to no reason? Lets have a debate on police carrying firearms. The fact that so much is made of the tuscon shooter using a police standard issue pistol seems sadly ironic to me.

Guns are being maligned as being owned by fearfull people. What are large SUV's, physical fitness, home alarms, bank accounts, etc. for? We live in a crazy world.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If I dont have any real guns yet, only Airsoft and Paintball guns...

does that make me a pretend racist?

Micheal moore is a small-minded individual.
edit on 1/19/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

Exactly. When the government completely disarms, I will consider doing the same.
I keep and bear arms because I understand that the world is not safe and that no agency of government can ever make me safe. I also know that the one thing we should fear most is government. History has shown what governments are capable of, and why they are never to be trusted.
Stalin, Mao, Hitler, all agree that gun control works. Once a population is disarmed, the rest is easy.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
No such thing as a race card.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
When Moore's gay lover is being raped by a pack of wild africans or illegal hispanics sponsored by La Raza lets see who will be a fearful racist. Maybe he can stop them with tales of global warming and a handout from Al Gore(if he's not molesting the teenager of his choice).

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I see no one has bothered to check if Michael Moore really said this, which he didn't.

Open the link in this thread, then watch the invterview.

FlyersFan, you starting a thread that is not correct, and blaming the title of the thread on the article having the same title is irresponsible and manipulative. You obviously know this by your comment back to Lucidity.

People feel free to argue why you have guns, but let's not do it based on a false thread title that says MM thinks we have guns because we are racist. He did not say that.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

It is like he's a hyprocritical A**H*** he owns guns, belonged to the NRA did a stinking documentary on the fact that Canada has more gun owners per square mile than the USA. WTF???
Canada also has less crime and more gun owners this is MM's OWN WORDS!
The reason, the real reason the USA is this way is because PEOPLE ARE PISSED OFF!!!! The Government rapes us and bilkes us and takes care of everybody else, but the US citizens and polices the world, but not it's own land!!!! CANADA DOES NONE OF THIS!!!!
Happy people = peaceful people
People getting bent over and F***** up THe WHAZOO= VERY PISSED OFF BUNCH!!!!!!

edit on 19-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: effing christ

edit on 19-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: effing damn spelling

First, Michael Moore is from Michigan. Second, Canada has higher taxes.

Third, the US is ranked 1st in gun ownership (88.8), while Canada is ranked 13th (30.8). Huge difference. According to the 2007 Small Arms Survey, the United States, with less than five percent of the world's population, owns about 35 to 50 percent of the world's civilian-owned guns. www.smallarmssurvey.org... /fileadmin/docs/A-Yearbook/2007/en/Small-Arms-Survey-2007-Chapter-02-annexe-4-EN.pdf
Fourth, people own guns because they are pissed off at the government and our record low taxes? And who are "everybody else"?
edit on 19-1-2011 by yellowyoruichi because: change font

edit on 19-1-2011 by yellowyoruichi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
I see no one has bothered to check if Michael Moore really said this, which he didn't.

Open the link in this thread, then watch the invterview.

Might I suggest you watch Bowling for Columbine to see what he meant? It's actually obvious and the title is accurate if what is in Bowling for Columbine is what he believes.

Actually I doubt he personally believes most of his crap. He's targeting a market to, you guessed it, take advantage of Capitalism to make himself very rich, which he has. Imagine, he lives in a country, where he can get rich by targeting excitable emotional people and telling them what they want to hear. The message in Bowling for Columbine is that ALL White People are evil bastards who do nothing but run around killing Black People. He is so good for America I can't tell you

Moore should shoot himself for being White if he actually believes what he implies. I think he thinks he is Black himself. Being White and having married a Black Woman myself, people like Moore are not well received by the majority of the Black Community. It's obvious when a Narcissistic Progressive who considers themselves smarter than everyone else is talking down to people. Nobody likes that or the people suffering from that particular mental illness.

Moore plays to the lowest common denominator of society and he does it well. His pockets are overflowing with cash he made by pretending he is anti-Capitalism and against the "Man". He profits off the backs of the illiterates his crap is directed towards. He's the Jerry Springer of Documentaries.

Anyway if you can watch Bowling for Columbine and still say he did not mean what this title implied, I'd be amazed. Even worse he seems to be targeting that crap at children, because I doubt any thinking adult would take it seriously.

Question is, is he nuts or a Confidence Man, I think the latter.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join