It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Type Of Entanglement Allows 'Teleportation in Time,' Say Physicists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

New Type Of Entanglement Allows 'Teleportation in Time,' Say Physicists

www.technologyreview.com

Conventional entanglement links particles across space. Now physicists say a similar effect links particles through time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This is amazing.

I've always thought quantum entanglement should work through time, now it seems it's been proven (in theory)

As far as I can see this seems to work from the past to the future, not much good for sending a yes or no signal back in time. Imagine the possibilities if that was the case.

I can't even imagine the implications if this is one day put into conventional use.

edit: I wrote a post about this back in february.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit: link to their original paper
arxiv.org...

www.technologyreview.com

edit on 19-1-2011 by ppk55 because: added like to original paper

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed. It does link up with some of the experiments performed with ESP. Could lead to quite a strange future.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I remember reading some time about entanglement and of someone (forget who, it was quite awhile ago) postulated such a thing as this. It would seem not too far off considering entanglement in the first place. The problem is that it would be hard to link it to practical phenomena well yet. Especially in the way QM works, using it in some sort of ESP sense would probably change it all :p

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
hahaha that picture looks like two legs and a giant vagina!!!!
are they takin the piss?

hahaha

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by questcequecest
hahaha that picture looks like two legs and a giant vagina!!!!
are they takin the piss?

hahaha

Teleportation trough time, I've lost several weeks being there.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I read it, and it went straight over my head, but it sounded amazing, I have no idea what it meant though :-) LOL

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

Yeah it's a little bit esoteric.

I find it interesting, but I wonder if there will ever be any practical use related to any of these observations. After all, not everything is entangled so much of what we read about quantum entanglement won't apply to the non-entangled parts of the universe.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I wonder if there will ever be any practical use related to any of these observations.

If we could know in advance that world war III was to break out before it happened, I think that might be a practical use.

edit: just because it's not the norm now for us to know the future doesn't mean it won't be in the future.

edit on 19-1-2011 by ppk55 because: future reference

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What does this imply?
Eventual television vewer which we can see whatever future we dial in to?
Say a decade?two?
I see that if there could be a way of creating something physical which was out of phase with present space time,
are such time differences are the separation factor between alternate universes ?
Could realities co-exist which are taking up the same space, but,merely their condition of time phase makes them vibrate sic separately but harmonically as to allow their co existance?blah blah blah.....

new topics

top topics

join