It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXPERTS???..Should we feel safe???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
imo..

anybody who knows what is happening around has to be concerned..

a) we have been warned by ancient cultures of extreme events taking place in our lifetime.

b) we all know that OIL is a huge problem which might leads to an all out world war in the future

c) Humanity has been stunned many many times, and big empires crumbled

d) the best quote from Stephen Hawking was that Humanity must colonize other planets before disaster strike

what if we are heading towards an event which no expert or scientist can do anything about..

Pole Shift was the highlight recently, and we know that the last time this happened was 800,000 yrs ago..so this might stun scientists .

for example..this is what stunned me..we are now in the year 2011 and we still have experts stunned and cannot agree on what is causing this mayhem to the animals..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d672c332b773.jpg[/atsimg]

I know my English is the worst on the web but please dont judge me on that..i guess my Maltese is way better than anybody's here on ATS

For me years ago the Main (because there are more) difference between an ordinary person like me and an Expert was that an expert had access to tools which obviously I did not, but since this is the age of the Web even this barrier is vanishing away..since there are some hot tools available to the public...

for example look how can look ot our Mother Sun from my coomputer (Not even Nasa can get closer than me..we are using the same tools)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0b189b47abd.jpg[/atsimg]

amazing!!!

Another barrier between Experts and Normal People is the person who is reading and analizing the Data..guess what...this is vanishing away too since you can just put on a new thread and discuss the issue with brilliant minds all over the World..

the Difference which still makes the difference IMO is that the Experts can CENSOR INFORMATION before being made public

I have just been let down by one of my fav experts..Mr Kaku, with his animal die offs explantion I just realized that it might really be the case we are screwed

and...in case of an end of world scenario i prefer to stay close to Chuck Norris either than Mr Hawking

LONG LIVE ATS, LONG LIVE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS AND DOWN THOSE WHO TRIES TO RIDICULE WHO SEEKS ANSWERS!!!!

thank you

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Well, if we are indeed heading towards a big disaster, then , unfortunately, there is not much anyone can do.

That is why i, for one, are not to concerned about an apocolapse coming. If it happens it happens.

That is why you should enjoy your life always to the fullest, worrying about future events is pointless.

VvV

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a nice way to contribute to this thread is to post the tools you use

i currently use..

JHelioviewer - to watch sun activity

JHelioviewer: A new way of looking at the Sun

and stellarium..

the best telescope i can afford atm

Stellarium

all free to download

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Well, if we are indeed heading towards a big disaster, then , unfortunately, there is not much anyone can do.

That is why i, for one, are not to concerned about an apocolapse coming. If it happens it happens.

That is why you should enjoy your life always to the fullest, worrying about future events is pointless.

VvV

one man can save the planet..we have seen this many times in hollywood...did we

and trust me on this one..i am living my life to the fulliest..apocalypse or not...i have to be honest with you ..yesterday i didnt even had time to xit and thats a fact

edit on 19-1-2011 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I say it's time to get used to the idea of death while you can... Everybody dies, it's natural and you can't do anything about it. Coming to terms with that has provided me with some comfort, knowing that things may become very bad really soon and knowing there isn't too much I can do about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by heineken

“Like Lemmings going over a cliff”

Funny that Mr. Kaku doesn’t seem to be aware that is not factual, but rather a propaganda from the Disney show “White Wilderness”….
www.snopes.com...

That really assures me as to his credentials of being an expert on why the animals are dying off.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I put my faith in the experts. Not just one but the general concensus of opinion from many. What else can you do?

Sure, we have the tools to enable the everyday man or woman to investigate data on all sorts of stuff but unless you become an expert in a particular field yourself, your assumptions on it will probably be wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
and to counterpart the idea that a thinker is a no lifer...guess what..im a lifer...and challenge anyone who think otherwise..

so stop telling me to get on with my life..its nonsense and challenge my thoughts with reason and facts

REMOVED THE PICTURE SINCE I BELIEVE WHO THINK IM A NO LIFER GOT THE POINT

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Do you do pole dancing?
(just kidding)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I posted recently that if we go by history, we obviously survived it. We're still here to talk about it, so if it's in our history it obviously wasn't an extinction event.

The historical accounts were all segmented. For the vast majority of social groups back then there was no knowledge of what was happening thousands of miles away.
They also didn't have the ability to communicate, research, foresee and plan on a global scale.

Look at the recent flooding in Australia. Centuries ago one region would have been hit, many killed, and the next region would have no idea what was coming. Thanks to science, communication and the data we have, we could predict what was coming, warn people, evacuate if needed...

We've seen the report of a Super Storm likely to hit California. People can now prepare, leave, or just be aware of it. Centuries ago they'd have no idea until the rain was hammering down, rivers breaching their banks and thousands killed in the floods. Back then, the amount of rain was not predicted to cause flooding, landslides and everything else. Today we know that heavy and sustained rainfall causes massive flooding and we can evacuate the areas likely to be affected, saving thousands of lives.

My point is, even though there might well be a catastrophic sequence of events coming, and although they'll be dramatic to watch and seem extremely frightening, we are far better able to deal with it now than Humanity has been at any time in history.

It wasn't an extinction event then, and it certainly won't be now.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Do you do pole dancing?
(just kidding)

lool..im in tune with my body and mind

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

massive post dude..

and do you agree that scientists and experts can be left stunned too..and you are left alone striving for survival?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Should we feel safe?

Animals are dying in large numbers all around you, wars in which millions of people have died are based on nothing but lies, the economy is spinning out of control and those with the power to act are more concerned about their own situation than their responsibilities. You would have to be living with your head in front of a propaganda tv to feel safe. This does not mean go running around like a chicken with its head cut off crying that the sky is falling. It means remain aware of the situation around you, the future is uncertain and many different possible outcomes and events could happen. Life is full of risks, you could slip over in the shower, crack your head and die. It is great you are questioning what people say, especially the experts. With a better understanding of the situation you are better able to respond. Remain vigilant.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev

Should we feel safe?

Animals are dying in large numbers all around you, wars in which millions of people have died are based on nothing but lies, the economy is spinning out of control and those with the power to act are more concerned about their own situation than their responsibilities. You would have to be living with your head in front of a propaganda tv to feel safe. This does not mean go running around like a chicken with its head cut off crying that the sky is falling. It means remain aware of the situation around you, the future is uncertain and many different possible outcomes and events could happen. Life is full of risks, you could slip over in the shower, crack your head and die. It is great you are questioning what people say, especially the experts. With a better understanding of the situation you are better able to respond. Remain vigilant.

i can relate to your post so much...

and I really like the "Remain vigilant" advise

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Hey there fella, you asked me to drop the link to the seismic activity server here from my thread so here I am! Hope it helps.

Live Seismic Activity Graphs

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

Hey there fella, you asked me to drop the link to the seismic activity server here from my thread so here I am! Hope it helps.

Live Seismic Activity Graphs

thank you fellow member...

other please post tools that we can use to track anomalies!! thank you

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Here's a link to the HAARP Induction Magnetometer which is fascinating:

And this one, real time magnetosphere simulation, also fascinating:
www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Feel safe unless your soul is sour!!!!!!!!!!!! this is what the great books have prepared humanity for.

Be well Love your families and keep FAITH ITS YOUR SWORD.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Here's a link to the HAARP Induction Magnetometer which is fascinating:

And this one, real time magnetosphere simulation, also fascinating:
www2.nict.go.jp...

thank you so much..added to my collection!!!!

top topics

join