It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The unfortunate miscarriage of spirituality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Only the bible is all about spirituality. (koran might be too)

Spirituality is the life attained by belief in Jesus Christ. Giving is spiritual. Spiritual means 'with the holy ghost'. All one does while leading this spiritual life with the holy ghost is spiritual. Spirituality is the most normal case in the world.

Spirituality is love.

Children are born spiritual. Grownups lost their spirituality.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

I don't think your correct in your thinking. I think when we are young our spirituality comes easy because we don't know the answers to anything but as we get older and there are less mysteries of life it becomes harder to be spiritual but its in that test that the true spiritual people are born.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It is hard because all others aren't with God anymore? We suffer serious problems..

DOC!! ==> Blaze of spiritual healing.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Na its not, empathy is more important in this world than love.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I disagree completely with your statement.
No child is born spiritual. Children are born as atheists, at best agnostics. None a single one will inherently believe in a god. Nor have they accepted jesus christ as their savior - and are in fact dirty, sinful, and repugnant to god - fit to be thrown into the flames of hell - if you believe that sort of garbage.
Children have no concept of God or Jesus until they are taught. To claim differently is to claim that they are born with a belief in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.
Neither love nor empathy are a product of being spiritual. It's a product of being human.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sykickvision

This thread is not about whether such a thing as spirituality exists. You should keep all your comments on one of the numerous atheist threads.
Read the pinned notices on the top of the page for this section of ATS, such as "Beyond religion 101".
If you flat out do not believe in religion, please do not involve yourself in religious threads. Post all you want on your no-believer threads and leave normal people at peace.
If we wanted to become converted to non-belief, we would read those other threads that ridicule Christians.
You don't have any business dragging your philosophy onto a spiritual thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Pardon me for having an opinion that conflicts with your fantasy world.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
I disagree completely with your statement.
No child is born spiritual. Children are born as atheists, at best agnostics. None a single one will inherently believe in a god. Nor have they accepted jesus christ as their savior - and are in fact dirty, sinful, and repugnant to god - fit to be thrown into the flames of hell - if you believe that sort of garbage.
Children have no concept of God or Jesus until they are taught. To claim differently is to claim that they are born with a belief in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.
Neither love nor empathy are a product of being spiritual. It's a product of being human.

Yes, but while living occurs the opportunity to be saved by Jesus Christ. I think a child born looks within.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I believe that a young child will remember heaven, at least I think I did.
That's probably one of my earliest memories, not being in heaven because I don't remember it now, but my older siblings talking about what they thought they remembered, and myself making some sort of remark in agreement that I could remember something about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

to reply jmdewey60, children are in heaven. I think this quote makes it clear.

Matthew 18;3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

so we should follow blindly....like children

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

running around bumping heads with everybody. Eyes open in heaven.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
There are only a small amount of people truly in search for truth letting themselves being enlightened of it. Insight in the worldish things gets saturated in their minds. We know how things can be better. Spirituality can lead to detachment in the beginning. There's a whole lot onesself needs to push on through. Being spiritual shows itself in how you are in the world. It's great to find friends with whom you can hang out with.

Is there a spiritual acceptance in the world? It is very weird how humans sometimes can be like who they are. Where's the glue in community?

new topics

top topics

join