It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone remember the show Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files? Could you do better?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I hated that show. Those people who do the investigations are terrible especially Jaeldepardo she always looked like she was lost and they almost never selected her stuff because she could never bring good content to the table. They go at them in such a weird manner to try and debunk them its almost a comedy to me. Does anyone feel that the people here at ATS could do a better job? And what would you bring to the table if you were on the show?
edit on 19-1-2011 by JohnieG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnieG

Dude I always thought the same thing. I watched every show because I liked the series of videos at the beginning, but when it came to debunking, they always seemed to leave like 5 better options on the table and never even mention them. And then when they actually did 'debunk' something, it seemed so unrealistic.

I love all of the ATS-ish shows on the air because, well I am here arent I?
But I realized long ago, that if anything was actually discovered or solved, we would learn about it weeks if not months ahead of time in a forum like this or across the news.

They are my guilty pleasure though.

In Search of... with Leonard Nimoy will always be one of my faves.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I still remember the show - The Extraordinary( 1993-1997 ) - watching that in my pre-teen years. It was hosted my Warwick Moss ( Australian )

It actually had some really cool stories and reports. UFO's, Ghost's, Paranormal and lots more.

I still remember that as one of the first show's that got me interested in the subject all these years later.

WIKI: en.wikipedia.org...

www.imdb.com...

Looking back now, there is alot they didnt cover but it still got me interested in this whole subject matter.

Ahhh the memories

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Yeah it would be cool if ATS put a show together and used members here from ATS to do the debunking or if its true be able to prove it. Do the drawing for the person that will be on the show like a lottery that we would have to sign up for. Lots of people here dont want their identies known. I would sign up for it. And yes they leave too much stuff left open ended on that show it drives me nuts! Its a great concept for a show but poorly executed.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

It sounds like it would be a great show to reintroduce now that there are more and more people seriously interested in those areas now. I bet it would do really well.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnieG

yeah definatly a modern remake

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I honestly bet it would be big if they re did it.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnieG

Although it all depend on who writes, produces and comes up with what stories to follow. Alien Hunters or Ancient aliens was the most recent as far as i know but they didnt do much in the way of convincing people... for me it was ok, because i already beleive.

The same happenes over and over. Most people watch it but dont actually take notice or dont think any more about it.

Whilst we are on the subject of TV and movies, i thought id mention how unhappy i was with The X files movie ( i want to beleieve ) with all the history in that show and with the endning of ''fight the future'' it was a massive let down. I had heard rumours of 2012 X-Files sequeal but i wont hold my breath...
Sorry i know the above is fiction but i always loved The X-Files

Although Duchovny on Californication is classic!! I love it ( sorry that last line was waaay off-topic )
edit on 20-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I just hated their premise. Which goes, "We are able to debunk all this stuff with our helicopers, fancy expensive audio visual equipment, access to spacious property, access to laboritories, etc" Therefore the case is debunkable. If I saw a ufo land and beings get out, WHERE in the name of God, am I going to come up with helicopters, fancy expensive audio visual equipment, access to spacious property, and laboritories, etc. In order to create that ("hoax") in the first place?

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yeah X-Files the movie did suck alot. The problem with UFO shows is that all they want to do is disprove them make them a hoax and discredit the person who submitted it. People who believe should be doing the shows not ones who dont believe.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I just hated their premise. Which goes, "We are able to debunk all this stuff with our helicopers, fancy expensive audio visual equipment, access to spacious property, access to laboritories, etc" Therefore the case is debunkable. If I saw a ufo land and beings get out, WHERE in the name of God, am I going to come up with helicopters, fancy expensive audio visual equipment, access to spacious property, and laboritories, etc. In order to create that ("hoax") in the first place?

Exactly as I recently posted that all they want to do is debunk and make the submitter look like a fool as much as they possibly can. I think there is a ton of stuff out there than can be tossed in the trash bin as a hoax because they are obvious hoaxes. Then there is the really good stuff out there and these shows steer away from them because they are too hard to disprove. I personally would tackle the really good ones but I guess it wouldnt make a good show if you cant disprove it. I would use forensic tools to see if it has been photoshopped in any way check the location of the sighting for any evidence with all the tools available to me before I put a crappy youtube video thats obviously fake on the table for the producers to put on the show. But thats me.
edit on 21-1-2011 by JohnieG because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join