It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not just the Animals dying off, the Trees too!.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Not just the Animals dying off, the Trees too!.

Tree disease threatens British forests

January 16 2011

LONDON, Jan. 16 (UPI) -- Britain's at war with a tree disease threatening the country's forests on a scale not seen since Dutch elm disease wiped out million of trees, officials say.

Sudden oak death, Phytophthora ramorum, has affected almost 7,500 acres of forest in Wales, Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Northern Ireland, The Observer reported Sunday.

Authorities have embarked on a program to fell thousands of trees in an effort to stop the spread of the disease.

www.polijam.com...:tree-disease-threatens-british-forests&catid=59:science&Itemid=58

"The disease took us by surprise when it jumped species, and we don't understand why it's not in other species yet," Roddie Burgess of the Forestry Commission said. "Dealing with an organism that can do that, well, who knows where it will go next?"

"We know it's performing differently in this country to the way it performed in the United States, so it's unlikely this strain has come over from there; it's far more likely to have been imported from Asia, perhaps via Europe," Burgess said.

"I think we can forget eradicating it; we have to work with nature and we're going to have to live with it. The question is whether or not we're lucky and have a fighting chance at containing it."

Sudden Oak Death disease sees trees felled across West

On the Quantock Hills, 10,000 larch trees are being felled on National Trust woodland. Another 50,000 will be cut down on a plantation nearby.

About 2,000 hectares (200 million sq m) have been affected in the south west.

The airborne disease is highly contagious, and trees in Cornwall, Devon and south Wales have already been felled.

It has also spread to parts of Wiltshire and Gloucestershire.

So far there is no known cure.

www.bbc.co.uk...

August 2010
DARD Combats Japanese larch Tree Disease

A plant disease caused by a fungus-like pathogen known as Phytophthora ramorum (P.ramorum), has been diagnosed on Japanese larch for the first time in Northern Ireland. DARD Forest Service Chief Executive, David Small, has confirmed three outbreaks of the disease in woodlands on the Antrim plateau. Around 200 hectares of public forest estate and a further four hectares of private woodland are affected.

www.dardni.gov.uk...

10 JUNE 2010
Phytophthora ramorum infection spreads to trees in Wales

To minimise the economic impact on the forest and timber industries, the Commission is permitting logs from felled infected trees to be moved to specially licensed sawmills, provided certain biosecurity measures are taken. These include stacking the logs on bearers to keep them off the ground while awaiting removal from the forest, and pressure washing timber trucks before they return to the road. Sawmill residues are also being destroyed or used as woodfuel.

www.forestry.gov.uk...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Pretty sad, but I guess everything has to die sometime... Speaking of sad... I have just invented a new disease, Sudden Adult Death, coming soon to a city near you!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Unreal...trees now?
Is there anything we can't find a way to infect?

All of this is happening at the same time: fish, birds and various animals dying all around the world. And now trees. Something has changed just recently to cause all of this. A sudden increase in pollution (industrialization of China?) Changing weather patterns/climate? A polar shift perhaps? Or HARP experiments? They wouldn’t explain the sudden outbreak of diseases though, would they?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neurolanis
They wouldn’t explain the sudden outbreak of diseases though, would they?

Of course not. Anything that would freak out or distrube in some way the "general" public would not be released. It would be highly classified. If this is anything of that stature then it wouldn't be publicly announced.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Once again more weird creepy stuff out there happening. They have to start coming out with the facts soon. They will have to address the public about this in some way shape or form its getting too big.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
from the 11th of june 2010

Sudden oak death spreads across channel to south Wales

A deadly tree and plant disease first found in the UK in 2002 has spread to Wales, the Forestry Commission says.

So they have been expecting it from 2002

First the trees then the birds.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
nicely listed Zorgon..

just to add my thread on the issue from the 7th of Jan;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like many others, I am closely following all reports of anything dying..
A sad state of affairs that nobody is yet able to put a definition on..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I brought this up on another thread, but am still not 100% sure of the hows and whys of Sudden Oak Death in Larch trees to call it a lame excuse like the fireworks ones...

I am tending to lean towards feeling that something big is happening, but as yet I have no idea of what.. while some of the lame excuses have me more worried than the deaths themselves.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
maybe they should just torch these places instead of allowing the disease to keep spreading naturally.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
when I first read this in the news. it came from america?
what are they doing with all the trees?
I bet they use them! dont here that they burnt them.
so they just spread it More. mad.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So many unknown things happening.
With less forest Britain will have to give up hiding space ships.
China lanterns to those under CIA UK mind control.

new topics

top topics

join