It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to Nature..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm frightened to all hell. Am only 19 and lost my job with so many looking for work in the same city as myself, stranded on an island nonetheless. I got plans to get off the island with nothing more then a backpack but I don't want to have to strand my room mates as I don't have a cent towards February rent even though I tried. Yet looked down upon because I'm young like I don't ever try, when in fact I give it my all. I dunno. But I was going to go back to Nature to get in tune before the big change and my ego is scared #less. How do I find my teacher? Am in BC so will be going to search for the Natives/Inuits. In hopes I can be offered a grain of knowledge to help me in the leap from a totally 'technological' life to the life of facing Self for the first time. I think I might be scared of Self.. Any tips?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

get used to the environment, and the foods, the cultures... basically adapt to nature. Sorry for the short reply but im new here and i read somewhere that i needed 300 comments/ replies to post things....and 200 of those to get to the chat room thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hey try not to get to down about things, its happening everywhere. Even I have the imagination to seek elsewhere in the woods and see if its liveable or not, although most say not. For now try and seek unemployment and food stamps even if they do keep you stranded on your island. If not I live in oregon, dont have much myself, but who knows maybe you can be helped if you head out this, just give me a heads up.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
BC has some good potential for natural food sources in your area. If you can afford it, try to get over to Winter Count in Arizona. www.backtracks.net... You can post a classifieds for ride sharing as well. You'll have a hard time trying to find this many natural living skills teachers in one place than at these events. Don't just go off in the woods with a book thinking you have this.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Goods, thanks but I feel I need to find self and right now isn't the best of times with being dragged on by employers and no money left

Starshift: I don't use a book, I've just read a lot up online and would be using mostly intuiton to get me along until if by chance I'm able to find a teacher. I'd love to get to Arizona though as they're one of the places with a higher frequency therefore the sand makes it much easier to raise consciousness. But alas, can't due to said money. All I've got is a travelling backpack on the back.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

Hey brother, nothing to be afraid of. That's bad programming talking to you. Nature is not your enemy, it is your provider. I have a few books I'd like to recommend you read:

The Tracker by Tom Brown Jr.
Field guide to wilderness survival - also by Tom Brown Jr.

You're young. Go easy on yourself. Nobody at your age knows who they are, where they're headed or what they truly want in life.
Life should be an adventure, not a pit of depression.

Don't spend too much time trying to find a survival "guru". There aren't very many competent survival instructors out there, There's a lot of amateurs who think they know enough however.

Start with the 2 books I mentioned then go try these skills out for yourself but do NOT put yourself into a true survival situation.
Nobody learns this stuff overnight, you acquire skills one by one until your competent to do what you need to do.

Be open to nature - it is your true teacher.
It can truly help you to find yourself and your place in this world.

Best of luck, you sound very sincere.
Regards, ATA

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I suggest finding a farm and farmer. Usually, they always need workers...even though spring is a long way off up in BC.

Further, sweeten the deal...your choices are few... and offer your hardwork and time in exchange for room and board until spring does come to Canada. Then, work like hell so that once spring comes...he might actually keep you on and pay you.

This will get you out of the cold and keep you fed. It will also give you time to find yourself...most people are afraid to find theirself and see who they are, they fill life with distractions. Trust me...when you are mucking stalls in a barn you have time to think and find yourself.

When he goes to town, see if you can go too and then go to the library... books there are free and read. Read about great people and accomplished people...you will find that they had moments just like the one in which you find yourself. Note hoe they dealt with it...learn. They all had epiphanies.

As for the farmer...he can teach you a lot about nature..cycles...animals...signs of the weather...skills that yoiu can take with you. Plus, if his wife...let's assume this is a typical farm family here...if his wife cooks like most farm wives...you will eat well. Further, most farmers respect folks that work hard and are honest, decent people...he will probably pay you anyway.

Anyway, this is a valid option.. to find farmers...go to the nearest feed and seed/farm store and start introducing yourself and your offer... shy? Hunger and being cold are great motivators.

Good Luck.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here's another list of primitive skills gatherings.

www.hollowtop.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I suggest finding a farm and farmer. Usually, they always need workers...even though spring is a long way off up in BC.

Further, sweeten the deal...your choices are few... and offer your hardwork and time in exchange for room and board until spring does come to Canada. Then, work like hell so that once spring comes...he might actually keep you on and pay you.

This will get you out of the cold and keep you fed. It will also give you time to find yourself...most people are afraid to find theirself and see who they are, they fill life with distractions. Trust me...when you are mucking stalls in a barn you have time to think and find yourself.

When he goes to town, see if you can go too and then go to the library... books there are free and read. Read about great people and accomplished people...you will find that they had moments just like the one in which you find yourself. Note hoe they dealt with it...learn. They all had epiphanies.

As for the farmer...he can teach you a lot about nature..cycles...animals...signs of the weather...skills that yoiu can take with you. Plus, if his wife...let's assume this is a typical farm family here...if his wife cooks like most farm wives...you will eat well. Further, most farmers respect folks that work hard and are honest, decent people...he will probably pay you anyway.

Anyway, this is a valid option.. to find farmers...go to the nearest feed and seed/farm store and start introducing yourself and your offer... shy? Hunger and being cold are great motivators.

Good Luck.

Thanks Animals, that makes sense.

And thanks Gone, I'll look into that if I have time as it appears the crunch is coming closer then expected..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hey brother! Im turning 19 in Feb. But you and me, we on the same boat buddy!

No job, no money, no hope... naah I dont ever want to conform to this stupid system too be honest.. What I really want in life is to seek my true self, tapp in to mother Earth and the conscience connection of all living things. I want to be able to live on nature without worrying, I want to have the sense of freedom and happiness. Basically buddy you and me, are on our pursuit of happiness

We will find it soon, and we will live with nature and the real side of things. The system is corrupted... we can all see this lol.. and why work and live unhappy when you can not work and live happy forever?! your friends, roomates, parents etc.. they are all caught up in the system because its all they know my friend. They cant seem to undertand that there is more to life and living then money!

I do... and Everything will work out for people like us
just stay happy and Love every single day of your life! you want knowledge, answers, seek the true self ? You WILL find it all, jsut tune into the global conscienceness and feel that powerful emotion of Love.

Aaannnnythiiiinnnggg Iss posssibblleee!!!
Goodluck on your journey my friend, best wishes

Kelliott

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kelliott

A fellow thinker! I thought there'd never be a day, haha. It's a shame they are all caught up in it and if you don't conform while around them, they themselves suffer a bit due to some 'negligence' on my part, without meaning to -_- But the time to find the self is now.
Where abouts ya located?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

Located in Ontario fellow Canadian!! Trapped in a negative little city called Kingston... this place is not evolving anytime soon. The system makes people stress, think for only themselves, live a nagging routine. gives bad habits etc ... THE SYSTEM DESTROYS WITHIN AND SOON MAKES IT ON THE OUSTIDE.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

What you just suggested is a wonderful idea ..Im in the USA and my husband and i have done this to help others we own a cattle farm and in the summer we always need help with baleing hay or driveing tractor there is always so many chores..but what ive found also is many of the young dont like this kinda work they think its to hard many arent use to manual labor so its not easy to find people to help and we always pay and there is always a good meal and a warm bed ..but the idea is a good one for the op of this thread

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Hmm.. that is interesting. sadly round here there's not really any farming stores so as I travel across BC i'll look out for one and give it a whirl. I can infact love manual labor
thanks

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OneLife

My advice would be to make sure you do whatever you can to save money to buy a house outright....even if it is a cheap broken down house...you can fix it up....having shelter, a place to live is one of the most important necessities.....and owning outright means no bank can come and take it away from you..

of course, the governemtn always can if they claim eminent domain or you dont' pay your taxes....but make sure you buy a house where taxes are reasonably priced....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The number one lesson, don’t let the doom and gloom hype get to you. Take everything they say with a grain of salt. If something does happen don’t overreact. Overreacting to a situation has killed countless people when they would have been just fine if they would have just stayed calm.

Take basic common sense preparation. Basic supplies. Food, water, shelter, heat, and first aid. Stuff that will help in any emergency. From day to day stuff, or once in a lifetime.

Basic FEMA and Red Cross literature.
www.ready.gov...
www.redcross.ca...

It is of no use to worry about it much farther than that. If you do, you will just drive yourself crazy, like many people that hang around here.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kelliott
reply to post by OneLife

Located in Ontario fellow Canadian!! Trapped in a negative little city called Kingston... this place is not evolving anytime soon. The system makes people stress, think for only themselves, live a nagging routine. gives bad habits etc ... THE SYSTEM DESTROYS WITHIN AND SOON MAKES IT ON THE OUSTIDE.

Nothing to add to the OP except, I remember what it was like at that age. Try not to let life get you down, things will get better in time. I am a mom, so I guess that is really a "mom" answer LOL.

To kelliott, I am from Belleville, its rare to see another person from this neck of the woods. Unfortunately, I agree with everything you posted. There is just nothing good to be had in this area, I wish my family had the means to relocate and go back to basics as well.

top topics

join